1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you made provisions for your dolls if you die?

May 15, 2005

1. I'm 38, I didn't make provisions and I won't. I couldn't care less what happens after I'm dead, if my dolls are thrown away, I won't be there to see it. I have enough to worry about what's happening when I'm alive, I don't want to worry about what will happen after I'm dead!

2. I'm probably too young to worry about this, but it has crossed my mind. Unless I find someone in my lifetime that I can trust to take care of them, they'll be buried with me.

3. There's a small bunker behind my house filled with an eternity's supply of pastels, testors paint, airbrushes, paintbrushes, MSC, fabric and sewing materials Upon my death, my dolls have explicit instructions to hide out there until either after the Apocalypse... or until resin or robots take over the world.
      Oh yes, provisions they have.

hehe, ok, seriously, I'm sure they'll be passed down through my family.

4. I have, but really only because I was forced to make some decisions about legal/estate matters this past fall. In the legal paperwork, I named two of my friends who do understand and love dolls, and gave them freedom to decide what to do with all my doll stuff.

Basically, though, I agree with biscuitbear--I won't be around, and I'm not sure how much I care about what happens then.

5. I've thought about it. I know my Mother wouldn't give Kazutaka the attention he deserves, so I would want him sold or donated to a friend who can't afford a BJD. I can't bury him with me, because Kazutaka's afraid of the dark, and besides, I hope to get cremated. I'm an organ donor, so it's not like there'll be much left of me when the doctors are done. :)

6. My Bella will go to my real life Bella; my daughter.

7. I'll probably (once I'm old enough to talk about writing a will without prompting my family to send my to a shrink for supposed suicidal tendencies...come on! I'm 20! It would suck, but I COULD get killed in an accident, and own things I'd like given to certain people...) will them to different individuals, based on who I feel each doll would want to go with. Um..kinda. It's hard to explain. I've considered it before, though, and have them all figured out. So-and-so would go to this friend, my sister would get this one...that kind of thing.

Sadly, aside from one possibly going to my sister, they'd all be destined for people here on DoA, because all my friends hate them, and my family is at best ambivalent about them.

8. Oooh, someone else who does the noodle self flagellation punishment! I thought I was alone on the planet ;>

Yes, I have made provisions.... I update my will on a regular basis.. having been through the horror of a relative who died intestate (no will)

My dolls are to be offered as a charity raffle for an association that looks after ill children.. NOT on ebay..

My animals (lizards and snakes and dog) will be taken by friends, if they outlive me, and by their children if they don't.. thats already been discussed.

If we should both die tomorrow, the goddessparents of my children get guardianship over them.. something that was also discussed

Having taken care of all my possessions with a soul.. nothing else matters.

Be well

Carol

9. [laughs] Not all of us were here when the old threads were active...

I'm 36, so I do think about things like that sometimes. 'Mostly in reference to my library (We have a few thousand books all-together between the two of us, and I have a specific collection of 19th and early-20th century cookbooks. My only real concern is that those go to someone who knows how to store and handle them.), but sometime other things do make thier way in.

As I said in the other thread, BSR and I don't, and won't, have kids.

But both his younger sister and my kid brother like the idea of munchkins... So we'll eventually have neices and nephews. My intention is for Nameless (and Ms. Nameless, if he ever finds one-) to go to one of them.

If, for some reason, none of them are interested... I just hope he ends up, like the books, with someone who'll know how to take proper care of him.

10. Kiyakatori, what a shame your family don't understand the need to make provisions for 'what if' :<

I had a 21 year old cousin die in a tragic accident that could never have been foreseen, and his divorced parents put each other through hell over his few prized possessions - so unnecessary :<

I made my first will on my 18th birthday.. and it gets updated whenever I feel the need.. I harangue my husband constantly for not having one (he's "immortal") and the same with my father.. YES they will not be here and dont' care what happens.. but if they truly love those of us left behind they would let us know what they wanted! My father has a list of his possessions that I expect to inherit.. none of it is valuable, its all personal memories, but I will fight my sister tooth and nail for them (she is a mercenary cow and would take the lot, just in case it was worth something).

Well that was a digression.. sorry folks

For those of you out there who don't have a will - MAKE ONE! Its not admitting your mortality, and you won't get hit by a bus just because you have a will (and clean underwear ;>), but your family will know what you want!

Be well

Carol

11. I don't have a will, because I would want the people I love to decide for themselves. I would feel horrible if someone left me something, it might sound weird, but I want the memory of someone in my heart and not in something touchable..I've never wanted anything of those who I loved and who passed away..I know both my parents and my friends love my dolls(both Vasiley and my plushies)and they would take great care of them, knowing how much I loved them. I wouldn't be around anymore to see, so I want them to do what makes them, and my doll, happy :)

but I guess I'm just blessed with people who love my doll ^^ If they wouldn't, I would've made clear that, if something ever happens to me, my dolls should be sold on DOA..

*shivers* I never think about this kind of stuff, only when these threads come up..^^''

12. I made a living will a few months ago after I thought I was going to die. My plane coming home from Miami hit severe turbulence as it went through some hurricane feeder bands and the whole plane shoot and I thought it would go down.

When I got home I wrote up a will. Azrael goes to my friend Zeda, Alastair to Duckie and Fachtna and Aeri get buried with me rofl. Actually, I'de probably give them to my sister.

13. I'm quite aware of my mortality; I was seriously ill over the summer, hospitalized five times, had two surgeries, and almost died of complications after one of them. ^^ I made up a will, though it is unofficial, and just for my Mom, because at this point, she would be the person in charge of getting rid of my stuff. But this way my friend Bethany, who introduced me to anime, gets all my anime DVDs, and my boyfriend gets my video games, my books get donated to the local library, etc. Otherwise, I think my Mom would just put everything in a giant yard sale. ^^;

I haven't decided about my dolls yet. They are too new to me, and I'm not on a chat friendly basis with anyone else into BJDs yet. I definitely don't want them to get buried with me since I want to be cremated. XD I will have to see who shows an interest in them once I get my big girl. I am keeping a database of all the dolls and items I've bought, and what they are probably worth so if they are sold, it will be for market value.

14. Huh. This is...a really creepy topic. But an awesome one at the same time, because it's so...thought-provoking.

I don't have a doll yet, but when I do I'm probably going to keep it 'forever', or until my death. Now, at the moment - perhaps because I don't yet own a doll - I think of bjds as just like other items. I have many beloved possessions: books, art, etc. And I know that although some will become collector's items and then antiques, others will simply 'die' just the same as I will die. Everything was new once, and everything will become old. Everything that is whole must eventually fall apart. Even treasured antiques encased in glass in museums will someday deteriorate.

But because we embue such love and care in the making/keeping of items, and because we know that they are not organic, we get the sense that there is a possibility of 'forever' for them...

And then again, because dolls are made to look human and are given personalities, they seem in some sense alive. I was cleaning out the basement last month and I felt sort of guilty when I came upon some of my childhood toys that were once treasured, but have now fallen into neglect (and correspondingly into the dumpster...).

I guess my answer is, all my stuff is just stuff after I'm gone. It can be sold, lost, trashed, donated, destroyed, etc; because these things will happen anyone. And also because after I die, my doll will not be my doll any more: his/her personality, 'soul' if you prefer, existed only in my mind and will go with me. What is left is just another piece of plastic.

15. I am only 17 at present and probably will not have children until around my mid 20s, however I would like my dolls to go to them, kind of like an aerloom. (sp?) I plan to teach them how to properly treat dolls and show them the value and importance of them to me. I'm not sure if anyone will be buried with me..maybe one or two, depending on who i end up with by the time i die. But at present i'd have to say to the kids, or my boyfriend (the one i plan to have kids with) as a reminder of me, if i die before him.

16. Schtiel and I have decided that when we die, we'll plan our deaths at the same time, and plan to to leave all our money to Lewis and Jules, and have our loved ones buy a house for them with it. They will have fancy dinner parties and book clubs in honor of our demise. ;_;

XD

17. I have often considered my will, I actually have carefully collected a lot of beautiful and wonderful things and a collection of beautiful and wonderful friends who deserve inheritance. I have not actually written a will (really need to do that) but I have discussed with various people what I would like done with things, but it really does not matter, as long as they are loved. the only thing I worry over is my motorbike because I would like to give it to my stepdaughter (ex husband) but do not want to give her something that would kill her, I feel the same about giving it to my fiancee.

Corpselight I would want to stay with my partner, be given to an *appreciative* child or grandchild, or given to another fancier who could love him.

18. That is the coolest thing ever! Dolly dinner party!