1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have your dolls been mistaken for real people?

Jan 17, 2009

1. I was using a pic of Jaszi for my Computer Illustration class when a classmate asked if she was a crime scene victim. o.O

2. I'm not very public about my dolls, but I do keep pics of them on my cellphone as wallpaper, and those pics have been mistaken for real people. That can be kind of nice. :)

3. My husband saw me walking across our driveway with my 80cm Dollmore Thistle Lusion and thought I had woken up our baby daughter for some reason.

4. I was in a book store one time with my boy and the lady at the register thought it was a little person i was carrying around in my arms made me and my friend laugh

5. Not my dolls, but my little brother enjoys looking at DoA with me, and every once in a while he'll glance at my computer out of the corner of his eye and think they are human. :3

6. Nope, I don't think people would have mistaken the dolls from close view.

7. my dolls are too small to be mistaken for people xD

8. I've walked out with my Elle in her fer (so it added bulk to her) and someone asked if she was my baby. (o_O) It always freaks me out when people think I have children.

9. I don't think this has happened to me QAQ

10. Only in pictures ^^;
      I had a picture of Sachiko in an art show for my school, and alot of people thought she was real, or a painting, or just weren't sure! (unless they knew me and my dolls ;) ) I think this was because the gloss on her tear-line really came out, so they thought she was a crying girl. Alot of people asked me how I did that, haha!

11. Not with MY dolls, but I often have pictures of dolls as my desktop image, and when I'm babysitting the kids always ask, "Who is that? Do you like him?" (It's usually a migidoll boy, I love them ^ ^)

But what cracks me up is when old people, relatives or family friends, ask the exact same thing.

12. I carry my dolls in arms at conventions. Sometimes I put my DZ Yuu up on my shoulders to carry him, he sits there really well and it is pretty comfortable for me. Several times people have stopped me and then said "oh, that isn't a real child up there". I just kind of laugh.

13. My boy Terrence has a myspace, and real people try to friend him all the time talking about how cute he is. It's bizzare XD! He's a MD Miu, so not a very realistic sculpt by any means XD!

14. i was with grangalop in the subway and she was carying her IH Akando in a baby carrier and a man let her his seat cuz he thought it was a real baby xD

15. I was carrying around my old doll before and someone told me I was a horrible mother because my baby looked anorexic. So I had to clarify that he was, in fact, a doll. >.> At least she apologized.

16. My dolls haven't been mistaken for real people. However, I was carrying Rook around with me at the fabric store once and a lady thought I was carry a dog because all she saw at first was his black fur wig. XD

17. Nope.
      I'm not really a person to take my dolls out in public so there's not to many chances that would happen. ^^;

18. Uhhmm... I think not but... I don't know really:sweatMy girl is too small >.<

19. It happened once.

I was photographing Ezra (70cm Hound^^) in a park when a lady came up to me and said from far away she thought I was taking pictures of my baby because my gestures were so tender...(WTF?!). But she realized her mistake even before she got close and when she approached me she was just really curious about these dolls and wanted to know how to get one :)

20. once i was with a friend, I needed to go to the post office collect the clothes I ordered for Jamie
      when I had the package on hand she went : that's awfully tiny package, is is smth naughty? xDD