1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have your dolls hurt you?

Jan 21, 2009

1. I've been pretty lucky so far. No injuries to date. :thumbup

.........*knocks on wood*

But there was that one time I went to a doll meet-up and I watched somebody restring someone else's doll. The hook she was using was stuck within the lower arm. After tugging at it several times, it popped free and jabbed her right into the tender side of one of her fingers at the joint--the area where blood vessels are visible.

Yeah, blood gushed everywhere--flooded the whole shopping mall and drowning everyone in sight. Nah, it wasn't that much. :XD: But it still looked very painful.

2. OK.... I don't know how you all are with re-stringing your dolls but when I help my GF (Aves) it's like........ REALLY PAINFUL ON THE FINGERS! It might have something to do with us having no re-stringing tools (the hook thing) but ouch! It hurts like hell.

Other than that nope, nothing like the movie "The Doll Master" LOL!

3. I got my finger caught between Ivan's ankle and leg when I was restringing him.

Also, when I was working on a skirt for Varushka, I let her stood at my table in front of me. But she has kicky legs so I was concentrating on placing her legs and then she flipped over and hitting me with her evil pointy Soo nose. On the head. That hurted! *_*

Other than that, I can't remember anything right now.

4. When i was changing my doll's feet the day i got her i was trying to put the S hook into place but instead it ripped some skin out on my left thumb (near the nail) I was talking to my fren on the phone that time and i screamed very loud cuz it was obviously painful and i eventually hung up on my fren cuz of the pain-_-"

5. Ohhh...there are certain members of my horde who take gret delight in biting me frequently and then there's Dorian and Rene. Restringing those two means EXTREME pain, blood and probably swearing.

The last time I strung Dorian, his torso joint left a blood blister on my palm that lasted a good week. Rene's S-hook swung as I was pulling up to put his head on, carved a curve into my thumb nail that covered about half the nail and it was only when I saw red that I realised it had gone THROUGH the nail. His joints bite me often too, especially those souldoll double knees...EVIL things.

I've lost nails & skin, drawn blood, bruised and left bloody blisters often, it what I like to think of as lasting reminders of my love hate relationship with my SD's, I love them, they hate me. Oddly, the mini's and tinies have never even left a mark!

6. My dear Torin has pinched me a number of times, especially when I was wiring him. I also managed to stab myself under my fingernail with some needle nose pliers while fooling with the wire. >>; Blood, not fun.

7. Logan has. >.o He did NOT want to be put in a black button down. And I managed to struggle him into it anyway. And then... THWACK. >.o He smacked down and his nose hit my hand. >.o He bruised me! He got his way. >.> I put the black shirt away.

8. I have been pinched, hit, kicked, and stabbed by xacto knives. When I'm working on them or things on them with the knife, it never fails, I always end up getting stabbed. Of course, my first reaction is, "Did I get blood on the resin?!"

>.>' I think I need to look at my priorities...

9. Oh, hell yeah, I've been hurt by dolls. I've been kicked and smacked, and my fingers have been pinched in joints. Also, my boy's headcap is attached with an S-hook. Oh Gods, so many blood blisters, especially when changing his eyes.

Also, I was restringing my friend's doll yesterday, and my part of my thumbnail was nearly ripped off. Luckily, the part that DID come off was only the part that I can regrow easily, but oh man, it hurt so bad.

10. Mischa kicked me good yesteday. And Isaac has repeatedly kicked, headbutt and smack me. XD

11. lols, that's soooo my first reaction too! I'm all "ow! oh noes, the resin!"
      Last doll I bled for was Kazuhiko, I still have no idea HOW I even cut my finger, but I did bleed on him and didn't realize I was bleeding until I saw the spot of blood I'd left on his leg

12. Soon after I got Kha, I tightened his strings...when I was finished, it took me quite some time to pull the S-hook back into his head so it would stay, and I somehow cut the knuckle of my middle finger on my left hand. I still have a scar there, and Kha still has my blood on his strings (I was more worried about the resin, and didn't see it. Guess he's 'officially mine' now.)

I joke about my doll 'biting' me when people ask about the scar on my finger. XD

13. *bought said doll from Missie* She's gotten me a few times with that darn headcap! And she tried to kick me in the face (Brushed my nose with her knee!) when I tried to pull her out of the box upon comming home.

14. my toe suffered one of those "wait I think I lost the elas--*snap* OOOOUCH" accidents. I was re-stringing damian for the first time and was really proud of myself for managing to get it done without any trouble at all, and I was putting the last pieces of the leg together (I held them in place with my toes while pulling the elastic) and then, well... yeah. it hurt for a few days. :F

15. When tightening her strings, Aine ended up chipping my fingernail!it wasn't long mind you. She's pinched my finger in her knee joint. She toppled back and her headcap hit me in the head. *gonk*

I have to say "please" and bribery I guess. :lol:

16. Yeah, I've been kicked, headbutted, pinched, cut, assaulted by elastic band, torpedoed with s-hooks, the works.
      I tend to do a lot of restringing and sueding, so I consider the latter things as 'work hazard', but the headbutting is being done by one particular fiesty doll only ;)

17. i dont think...or cant remember (maybe selective amnesia lol)... ive gotten hurt by my dolls... but they have hurt me emotionally... like... they seem to have a thurst for money. Also they have taken a tumble or two... and every time i feel like ive just had a heart attack .... checking them over to see if they are ok.

18. I've gotten pinched fingers before, as well as cramped fingers and sore hands from restringing.

19. Im not even done making my dolls and already am sporting several scars for my efforts.

20. I can't help but laugh even though these all sound incredibly owie!!! *hugs all*

I've had two incidences that stick in my mind.

1. I was off to my first meet and getting William and Mae ready, and I decided to put Snowelle's shoes on William. I had to remove them from her, but I think she was throwing a tantrum because she wasn't coming, and as I took them off my finger caught in her ankle joint. It pinched really badly and bled :( Not a nice thing to have at all!

2. Emmanuel faceplanted me on the forehead. OMFG that reeeeeeeally hurts and left a bruise! I was most affronted as I had just made him a new outfit and spent ages trying to convert an original 18th century pattern into doll size. Ungreatful little thing!