1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have your dolls hurt you?

Jan 21, 2009

1. Nothing more than the usual getting pinched by joints.

2. my newest girl has pinched my fingers several times lol ^-^ i've also gotten hot glue burns when making them their wigs ^-^
      not to mention getting punched in the face by one of my girls lol. Theeeen i dont know it you count this but theres the time i burnt my fingers with chemical glue when I was inserting magnets into one of dollies;
      Then i really dont know if this one counts as much or at all but i have gotten a really sore back from the amount of time i've spent bent over my sewing machine making them clothes

3. I was stringing my Bishonen House Steve kit and the leg S hook slipped from the wire I was using to pull the elastics out so I could put on the foot. The S hook embedded itself into my index finger while it was pinched between the hook and the calf piece! There was blood every where. I was able to finish the stringing, but my finger throbbed for quite a while. This has been my only injury in all the years I've had bjds.

4. Restringing..... they wost ever was once when I had to get a head off but keep the body together... It was so tight, and I cared so much about not chipping resin by letting the string snap (and there for smashing the resin together), that I ended up really hurting my fingers... ;_;

5. Can't say I've suffered much yet. No pinching, but perhaps because I own solely MSDs right now, and their stringing isn't the strongest. The most that I've managed is having my Dollzone Ro slap me in the nose while I was admiring his hand.

6. I've only been pinched during the restringing process ,do to slippery parts.

7. My minifee pinched and cut me while restringing it. Idk how it happened lol:sweat

8. My friends doll body which she has lent me for the weekend (So I can see my current floating head child on an actual body) has very 'kicky legs' and I have been kicked in the chest a few times when trying to make him pose! He also has very hard boots on...it's a bid painful haha!

9. My unoa bust almost broke my finger while I was restringing her, it has been passed 2 weeks since it and my finger it still hurts

10. Every damn time I have to remove a head. I almost want to keep them loosely string just to give my poor finger a break.

11. All my Doll Leaves dolls ended up being strung WAY too tight, as a result... FLAILINING LIMBS EVERYWHERE. Oh, and pinching. So yeah, I got hit and pinched a lot. Taking them apart for cleaning, body blushing and restringing was risky too, nearly had the hooks jab their way into my finger. :horror:

12. I've had fingers and skin pinched between resin pieces when doing minor restringing and attaching heads, a couple bloody cuts from skin getting caught on s-hooks on an occasion (or more), with more possible I can't recall. It seems like I had one fall on me once, but I can't recall if that actually happened or if it's a thought planted into my memory somehow:lol:

13. I've hurt my fingers while trying to reattach heads or hands. It takes a lot of strength to do it...at least to me.
      It's only been minor, from what I can remember. I figure if I can't recall, then I haven't been injured by them.
      If they did injure me though, I might have to paddle their bums.
      Even that would be an exercise in futility, because Raziel would like that too much.

14. Restringing my Kiddelf Girl's legs pinched my fingers so bad I had to have my dad finish the process! Totally worth it though.

15. Only one of my dolls has ever hurt me, his joints have pinched me on occassion. It only ever happens when I mess with him too much in front of new people or in public spaces. I always feel like it's his way of saying stop "Stop fussing, I'm fine."

16. Only my bank account - repeatedly.

17. I wouldn't consider my doll personally hurting me but the stuff I make for my dolls do! XD I use cancer agent products without protective gear (because im stupid like that) and I've recently been feeling the symptoms that are on the warning label of that product and it really worries me.. I stopped using that product since I am done making crystal crowns for now but I recently opened it to fix a piece in the crown and I got the symptom the next day ;-;

18. Haha, a had a couple of dolls with such a tight string inside that even touching them was kind of dangerous xD I restringed them as soon as possible, of course, and thus got some more cuts... And yes, using MSC and sanding the dolls without proper protection are definitely not the healthiest things to do (I'm stupid enough for this too).

19. A friends doll has kicked me in the chin and while restringing my doll i stabbed myself eith the froal wire i use to thread joints several times

20. I once had my index finger bleed because I scratched it while changing the hands of my doll. The s-hook can be tricky to deal with.
      I also tripped over and fell in ground several times when I tried to hold my doll and walk fast at the same time. Fortunately I never broke my dolls, but my knees got bruises. Guess I should be more careful handling the dolls in the future