1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have your dolls hurt you?

Jan 21, 2009

1. Oh yeah! :XD: The most common way is with the ribbon I'm using the pull elastic, I wind it around my hand to be able to put the strength I need into it, but that always leave these deep grooves in my hands that take forever to go away and then still hurt afterwards. Second most common I guess would be a toss-up between getting pinched or getting kicked. Thankfully, no serious injuries, but it sure gives me chills reading some of the stuff others have gone through in this thread! :frownyblush: God please be careful guys, are you ok?

2. I've had several minor injuries but the worst was I had an s hook embed itself into my hand while restringing a doll.

3. I had a doll with wobbly legs stand on the top shelf.. Bad idea

4. My first girl's default eyes had broken eye stems. Since she was my first, I didn't realize anything was amiss until I adjusted her gaze by manipulating the backs of her eyes. Lo and behold, shallow, non bloody cuts on my fingers.

Then there was the time I was restringing another girl. Her S hook slipped, cutting my finger and getting blood on her arm. I took this as a sign she was well and truly mine.

5. Yes, I have hurt myself my fingers several times when I tried to change my 70cm doll's hands...

6. I've been kicked in the, uh, chest by my old, finicky ResinSoul Li while I was repositioning her on my dresser. Another time I was doing a thorough cleaning of her and while stringing her back together, lost grip of the ribbon I was using to feed the elastic through her thigh and gave myself a bit of rope burn. First time I strung her, I used wire (bad idea but I was new to the hobby) and got a few bloody scratches. Most of my accidents happen while stringing lmao.

7. I personally have been injured but I also have had to give up on certain companies due to their extreme tight stringing methods. Doll Chateau used to be a great company but then this past couple of dolls I had to part with because I couldn't even get head off to have a face up done. Dream Valley is another company I love the look of their dolls, but string was so tight I couldn't get head off. Dollshe and even my beloved Dollstown has had tight stringing done. Thankfully not to tight as heads can come off, but I had a friend just receive her Dollstown girl body and the hook was inside neck. I have spoken to Dollstown and they will adjust the amount of length in body string. But the previous companies I I mentioned they must be using a machine to pull the string because there is no give.

8. You mean besides mental trauma when once a hook got caught inside a leg and I couldn't pull it out no matter what? xD (I could get it out in the end, but it was one of my first times restringing a doll and I cried a lot).
      Yeah, I've been bitten by a joint one or two times. And one time a doll bent forward and hit me in my face. That hurt a lot.

9. I never experienced getting hurt by my dolls until I had to restring my girl Fable, whose string got so tight it start cutting into my hands. I couldn't tell you why I was pulling on it in a way that caused it to do that.

10. I had one of my EID men fall on me once… that hurt a lot… but the worst time had to be when I unboxed a Dika Doll guy and there was a very unpleasant resin smell from the box that made me feel a little bit ill… *_*

11. Everyone who owns or has owned dolls has been pinched at some point, they hurt so bad and leave such an ugly markkkkkk.

12. I recently received my extra pair of hands in the mail and was so excited to have my doll hold stuff and pose.
      But he was strung so tightly that I needed a second person to help me hold on to his arms while I wrangled his hands.
      When I finally managed to attach his jointed hands, I got stuck and couldn't remove them, because they have an extra ball for posability and I couldn't get a grip on them because he was strung so tightly.
      At this point my fingers hurt so much and me and my assistant were so exhausted that I just left him like that.
      I'm slightly disappointed that I can't swap his hands anymore for the forseeable future, but we both really need to recover from our aching muscles before attempting to change them again. I couldn't move my arms for a week.
      I dread the day I have to swap out his feet...

13. Every single time I try to dress one of my dolls I pinch myself in one of their joints xD When I had a huge SD boy I definitely had him headbutt me while I fought to get him dressed too. Apparently clothing a doll is dangerous work lol

14. Aside from pinches and little cuts from s-hooks, I once got super glue in my eye when the magnets in my Soom's headcap slammed together while I was installing them. Pro tip: make sure one magnet is fully hardened in place before you put in the next one. (':

15. Yes! I was head butted in the mouth once by my Volks F62. Girl has a huge noggin and I ended up with a busted lip. I've also had cuts from restringing. My Migidoll Cho decided he didn't like me and used his S hook to take revenge on my poor finger. I had to have my husband remove it and help me finish restringing him. It's time to restring him again and I'm dreading it.

16. Haha oh yes ! While restringing my 75cm the hook slipped and went right through my finger. Another time I was putting my 84cm on his stand and he decided to fall forward and his nose smashed on the top of my head :pout: lmfao my friend. Across the room heard it loud and clear !

17. In more ways than one!

I have a spare 68 body (waiting for his rightful head) and a head (waiting for his rightful, 73 body). One day I got curious and wanted to see if I can get a sense of what either one of them would look like as a full doll. So I attempted to put the spare head on the spare body... and nope. They would not have it at all. The elastic snapped, the head cap fell, the legs kicked...

I think they're protesting. But they leave me walking wounded.

18. Well my Hua Cheng just tried to yeet himself from the cabinet when I opened it and now i have a bruise from catching him awkwardly xD

19. Ahh, yes. The yeeting dolls. I have had a Volks SD Mark with the solid body yeet off a shelf. I caught him but he headbutted me with his huge head. I also had my Dollshe (the BIG boy) crumple on top of my head while I was trying to pose him (hurt so bad I couldn’t even curse, just cried), and I had a REALLY kicky DZ Zo nail me in the face while dressing him up and he gave me a bruise right by my eye (sold him shortly after).

Plenty of S-hooks lodging into places they shouldn’t (looking at my PD minis…), flying S-hooks, popped in the lip many times by my DC Hugh (he kicks and slaps without wiring)…augh. Painful hobby!

20. So far I've only been nipped once or twice but I'm vaguely terrified of getting an S hook caught in my skin :eek: I feel like it's inevitable for me cause I can get too zoned in and not be as careful as I should be.