1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have your dolls hurt you?

Jan 21, 2009

1. Alex (first dolly!) arrived Tuesday, and within two hours I was taking the poor thing apart (I've discovered I'm a fairly intrepid BJD owner). I didn't vouch for the hooks holding his feet on being so sharp and one of them took a small chunk out of my finger. I don't fancy that again, so I've tipped the ends with a little PVA.

2. My CP El, Rache, has headbutted me in the forehead and caused a headache more times than I can remember. e_e Oddly enough, I've never been knocked in the forehead by any of my other dolls.

3. yes, my boy has many times decided to "bow" and hit me in the head or chest...and it HURTS!

4. yeah, I’ve been pinched in joints and accidentally stabbed by wires while re-stringing and wiring. Also I have had my dolls hips give out and been clocked in the head with theirs. lol

5. My first attempt at restringing...

While I was trying to pull the body elastic from my DM Kara's body up through his neck hole into his head, I discovered that I DO have arthritis in my hands. My right hand started cramping so badly I lost my grip on the tool and the "S" hook in the upper elastic almost impaled itself on my finger. It took off a few layers of skin as it snapped past into the neck and body. (No damage to my kara just to me). But first restringing lesson learned.:sweat

6. The underside of my nose is very tender now from my sister's Bee-A kicking me fiercely in the face when I was trying to get some shoes on her. That doll's stringing is EXTREMELY tight, so she was bound to hurt one of us.
      ...So since my sister hasn't gotten around to it, I'mma take the initiative and loosen her girl's stringing tonight. I don't want that doll to cause any more injuries, to me or anyone else. X____x

7. a long time ago, someone commented about an elf eared doll that moved its head and almost stabbed him/her in the eye... D: creepy.
      anyways, i never got hurt playing with my dolls. they love me <3

8. Oh yeah, you want to be careful carrying pointy-edged dolls!... Especially if you are female... :| My merman-Vega has fins on his arms & ears that are pointed like daggers, and if you do not tuck his elbows in at his sides before picking him up, he WILL jab you right in the gazongas. I mean, OW. But sometimes gazonga-jabbings are just part of life. You just have to be careful not to wear those inflatable enhancement brassieres around elves or mermen.

9. *falls over laughing*

I kinda know what you mean! Ryuichi-doll's loaner head is a '07 Na Nu Ri and those pointed ears got me in the moob a few days ago! I thought I was gonna die, it hurt so much!:sweat

He's also kicked me, headbutted me, fell forward from the waist and headbutted my head, and don't forget the famous Luts dancer's leg...that thing has kicked me so often I just shrug it off. And I've only had him since November!

It seems that he hates trying on my homemade clothes, it usually happens when he's trying on something so I can fit it to him. [I suck at hand stitching, but I don't know how to use a sewing machine, and I don't have one yet:...( ] He even slapped me the other day when I was working on a hoodie I was making for him! I just kinda blinked and kept on putting it on him.

Funny, once the clothes are done, he's fine with them. He's so spoiled...

But miniRyu's done nothing...yet.

Ryuichi

#49 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Jan 22, 2009
      Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    10. I've had plenty of pinched fingers, bloodblisters, rope-burn, and bleeding. But I think what takes the cake is the time I stupidly decided to switch out a doll's head after getting home from a long (12 hour) shift at work, when I was half asleep. Even worse, I didn't bother finding a proper tool, and just used the first pair of needle-nose pliers that came to hand. Long story short, the pliers slipped on the s-hook and I ended up stabbing myself in the forehead, just at the top of my nose, directly between the eyes. I still have a scar, and apparently I chipped the bone (I had a serious bruise for a long time, almost as long as it took the puncture to heal). One inch to the right or left, and I would have had to go to the ER with pliers in my eye. Urgh.

11. I bruised my hands restringing Sabik. Those strings were so stiff! Took several days to stop hurting!:...(

12. When he used to live on my bedside cabinet, Moridin would regularly slap me across the face thanks to that wonderfully springy Luts elastic and Tom has booted me in the face a few times as well.

13. So far it's only really happened to me once... I know my dolls have kicked me every now and again- but only twice have I actually drawn blood.

My SD13 Mimi once snapped forward with her nose gouging into my hand... that head mold isn't called the killer nose for nothing. x_X

The other time I gouged myself trying to pull an AOD's strings too tight with the S hook was already on it... that one hurt for a while.

14. Back when I first started collecting dollies I had a Luts Lishe who decided to headbutt me and pinch my thumb at the same time. She hit me hard enough that her headcap and wig went flying off her head.. my fiancee started laughing cause he didn't think it hurt me... till I started crying and then developed a really bad headache, lump and bruise. Not to mention the blood blister on my thumb.

Yeah he felt like crap after he figured out I was hurt and he had laughed at me lol.

15. his elbow joints have pinched me a few times and his chest joint too @__@; it stings. Nothing too serious yet.

16. Double post...please delete.

17. Your description made me LOL.:XD:

I've only ever handled other people's dolls and was far too afraid of hurting them to do anything that might result in the opposite occuring.;)

18. I must have a very sick sense of humor to find personal injury hilarious xD;;

Kori's headcap has snapped down on my fingers a couple of times. And yesterday while trying to take a shirt off him, I lost my grip, and ended up taking a small chunk of skin out of my thumb with my own finger :o I don't think he liked the outfit...xD

Nothing too bad yet, but I'm such a klutz I know I'll be back soon...especially since I'll have to restring him in the near future because his one leg is going wacky...

Wish me luck (>.<')b

19. I laughed. I'm so sorry, but I laughed so hard. :sweat

That seriously must have suck.

20. Nothing awful. Yet.

Stupidly used my fingers to hold the elastic when restringing nayo, and I won't be doing that again (purple fingers).
      Kneed in the face a few times.
      And Kellion (DOI) likes to snap back and bite my fingers with his chest joint when I'm trying to get him to slouch or change his clothes.

I've noticed that they prefer to smack themselves in the face and give me a heart-attack instead of attacking me directly.