1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have your dolls hurt you?

Jan 21, 2009

1. Oh lawd.

I've been pinched, kicked, smacked, clocked in the head, hit in the eye..Everything.
      I have an AoD, and they are strung weird.
      Kyrie will openly display any displeasure she feels by flailing around wildly, refusing to stand, and injuring me in any way she can!

My Iple House girl, on the other hand, seems intent on proving something, as, to date, she's not caused me even the slightest discomfort yet.

2. I consider it biting.

It usually happens if I do something that my dolls don't like, really. My DZ Shoyo has closed her joints on me more times than I can count. She did it once when I first got her, because I didn't want to change her eyes to her green ones. So I just said, "Meh, you can have purple eyes for a while. Get over it,"

Then SNAP! right on my finger. Of course, I had no idea that doll joints could hurt so much, so my reaction time was....less than pleasurable.

All in all, I got a blood blister for a few days and changed Anna's eyes that very day.

:3

3. I call it biting too. Coppelia has got my fingers in her head cap more times than I can count, and she seems to be teaching Simon to do it too, she also kicks me, that's getting less frequent (thank god) but they've got supringly hard kicks!

-Lily

4. When I first got Jaden (he wasn't called Jaden then), I was constantly taking photos. But one day he'd had enough and gave me a really good pinch that lasted a long long time.

And then there's the times where his hand/foot would come off and the S hook shoot up into his forearm/leg. Also during photo-shoots, he doesn't like his picture taken I guess haha.

5. The...*thinks* Second or third day i had Sade i was messing around with his knees trying to bend them in a sitting potition.

STUPID ME put ONE FINGER at the top of his knee joint for no reason when all of a sudden he desides he doesnt want his knee bent so at the PERFECT TIME it straightens itself and pinches on my poor un-suspecting third finger ;__; ...and stupid me again, insted of simpley bending his knee and slowly removing my skin...JERK IT OUT ;A; i ripped some of my skin off :sweat Sade went into his usual Neck-Joint-Locking emo fit :doh

it left a mark for days |D

Another time was quite funny, i was sitting down watching TV with my parents and i had Sade standing up on my leg for some reason (holding him of course) and i had the most horrible head ache...it only got worse.. I lost focus for 0.2 seconds then SLAM! DOLL ABDOMEN IN THE HEAD! >AO I was shocked how bad it acutally hurt..Resin is hard ;3; lol after that my headace incressed.

I made a joke afterwards to my parents "Jeez...Hes got ROCK HARD ABS!! XD" lol :lol:

6. The first time I ever picked up a doll, I was pinched quite a few times by some locking joints. :<

I still love dolls! <33 :sweat

7. Pinched fingers - yes!
      Been kicked - yes!
      Feel like my shoulder has been dislocated from carrying RS 70cm boy on shoulders - yes!

And I haven't even attempted re-stringing yet...

8. Pinched, kicked, head butted, got stabbed once when I was cleaning one of my dolls.. although that was my own fault..x.x

9. Funny story..I just got my Supia Rosy in today, and I had took off the head so I could mod the body, and I was like... 'I need help putting this back together.' So I got my bro, and he wound up getting his finger pinched between the doll, and the s-hook. (ouch!) I have yet to get injured though. :)

10. Restringing Mei her elastic snapped on me and her s-hooks jammed into me X.X Shes kicked me in the face as well...mainly the pain comes from restringing

11. Yes, i have a jacked up thumb because of it. I was changeing the spare hands on my first doll and I was holding the elastic right under the s-hook. When I had the hand on the hook, I let go of the elastic so it would slide and I could grab the hand instead, but as soon as I did that, the little pice of resin that the hook holds on with snapped out and the hook slid right thru my thumb(it had very sharp ends) and stayed there till I could get someone to help pull it out, since the tension on the elastic kept the doll attatched to me and the doll made it nearly impossible for me to get at the elastic.

and a much less devistating injury my irukandji once fell on top of my head from a counter (i was on the floor taking pics of him) and his nose punctured my forehead.

12. Occasionally I'll get pinched from various joints, but nothing too memorable. My Hid has a nasty tight body, so if for whatever reason I have to take his head off, putting it back always leaves a nasty red mark on my finger (from the S hook).

But then one time, I had just come back from getting a tattoo on my forearm, and I was redressing a girl I had at the time. She bent over while putting on her skirt, and THWACK, nose-dive right onto my bandaged tattoo.
      Gotta say that didn't feel too good *_*

13. Oh mine has...I think he's plotting against me.
      I have two dollzone boys. Elgin (My DZ wing) likes to flip his thigh joint around and make it so that his leg can't pop straight forward and allow him to stand. Gavin, (my DZ Yuu) rarely ever has this problem. Normally, I jerk Elgin's pants down and make a joke about him popping his thigh in the wrong place because he likes me pulling his pants down. Last time it was Gavin that popped his thigh out of place...so without thinking, I jerked his pants down. As I was trying to put his thigh back into place, he slams his nose (pointy DZ nose) into the top of my head! He obviously didn't want me touching him... -_-

14. Totally. :) Back when I first got my mini boy, he posed amazingly. Then I had him for a few weeks, and he got unbelievably floppy. So, the noob that I was, I decided to use unfolded paperclips to help with his restringing. Worst idea of my life - I stabbed almost every one of my fingers with the sharp ends of the paperclips. :P And only afterwards, did I think to use yarn or plain string or something instead.

15. Oh, my boys pinch me constantly. xD Especially Elliot. Poor Elliot; I don't think he means too much harm, but he DOES enjoy watching me struggle with his headcap.

16. You know, once they taste blood.....

:o

17. Pinched, kicked, stabbed by sharp little hands. Maybe I have a preference for Volks because none of my Volks dolls have ever done me any harm? :lol: Everyone else has fought me at first!

I have one doll who refuses to be put back together. My Soulkid Harang, Zeelzaroth, had to be unstrung to be cleaned and given a new face-up and he was more than happy to be unstrung, but when it came to putting him back together, he fought all the way. I try and put him back every week or so and he still resists, so back in the box he goes. He must prefer being in bits :sweat.

18. Lol like when Geoff dropped his wig in the middle of the street?
      So I didn't get hurt but I almost did. He never did it again after I shoved him in the bag. xD

19. My first doll, I was trying to untie her strings so I could make them tighter ... and in my attempt to un-knot it, tore my thumbnail in a wayyyy low place. I had to wear band-aids and sleeves on my thumb for over a month until it finally grew enough that I could cut it. Of course, without the sleeves/band-aids I was worried I would A. rip it further across, and B. ow, hair kept getting caught in it ow.

That's my only and my worst injury. Hopefully forever.

20. I pinched my finger in Kema's headcap once.. but nothing too bad *knocks on wood*