1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have your dolls hurt you?

Jan 21, 2009

1. The first time I restrung Vladimir's arms, I somehow got the hook on one hand to stab into my finger (as in, actually piercing the skin). It was painful and really hard to pull out due to the elastic trying to pull my finger in >.< That was around 2 weeks ago, and you can still see the hole XD
      Oh, and there's also the I-don't-know-how-many-times I pinched myself with his various joints. I seem to be good at that :S

2. I've gotten my thumbs cut many times by the S hooks of my AoDs wither it's removing their heads or hands or what ever. Those S hooks never liked me lol (except for their feet, never a problem; lol).

Worst one of those cuts was when I was going to remove the blushing and paint from one of my dolls, one of the S hooks grazed my thumb and I didn't see a cut at all just a line of redness and thought nothing of it. I went to clean it with a strong non acetone nail polish remover and after a while I felt stinging and look where the s hook grazed and there was cut where it has went through the layers of skin. I'm like 'Sheesh, now you show up. T__T' *keeps on cleaning*

lol. I know, it was stupid. XDDD

3. I know I've hurt my finger REALLY bad on my DOC Tender Bee-A (Large Bust).

I was clearly just trying to pose her and well, for those of you who have that body type, you know the chest joint is hard to move. Therefor, I have actually pinched and gotten the middle of my index finger caught in between it.

It resulted in slight bleeding. x_x
      I think she's just a little jelous because she is the only girl, and there are four other boys. ^^;

4. lol I think I get injured every time I restring Yaris. Right now I have a cut on my thumb from his last restringing a couple of days ago. The wire tool cut the skin but I didn't notice I was even hurt till I saw blood on his foot.

5. Well...it's a total wonder that no other owners' dolls pinch/kick/headbutt/injure me. But my own dolls...well...totally different matter. :|

My 1/3, AOD Gu, enjoys pinching my right index finger pad, middle finger fleshy parts and ring finger's fleshy parts. Normally I get pinched by his left knee, left elbow and waist joint. I've been slapped once but that was when I tried to make him pose. I've been kicked *there* when he refused to hold his pose between my legs.

My 1/4, DZ Tan Mo-3...he always headbutts me when I try to make him stand on a stool or the table. But if I'm carrying him on top of his older brother, his left hand(I carry them on my left arm only) always touches my left boob. No matter how I move his arm away, it comes right back. Well this isn't injuring, but rather embarrassing if other people notice...:|

So...ya...none of the other dolls I handle pinch me before but their owners... I wonder why...:sweat

6. My dolls are still pretty new, I haven't restrung or anything like that yet, so the only thing I've had the chance to hurt myself on are the magnetic headcaps - yes, I've already pinched myself on those :| ...snappy little things! It hurt too.

7. I've pink my finger on Azure's knee joint, but the worst thing i've seen was my friend got her finger stuck in the chest joint of her SSdelf. and couldn't get it out.
      She was screaming, "pull it, move it!!"
      I was like "I don't know how!!TTATT"
      Her finger was white when we got it out....

8. restringing,joints pinching...yup had those days ^^;

also not to mention elf ears poking >< especially when i'm trying to remove my elves' heads but always forget they are elves and end up getting my fingers scratched abit x.x

And also those nose dives when i'm trying to make them stand but they flop forward...

x.x

9. Sometimes I have trouble getting their shoes off, I've bent my nails back doing that, which hurts a lot. I've also poked myself countless times with pins and needles making them clothes...

10. I guess I've been blessed... aside from breaking a nail or two getting eyes out of sockets and putty, I have never had any of them try to extract revenge on me when they have had me in vunerable situations. The only thing that did occur and it was more cute than "I'm gonna sock you one" was I was holding Liam, his booted feet in my hand and his back against my shoulder when I stepped on an elevator at AnimeFEST! last year and when the elevator started down it gave a little bounce and his head tilted tilted quickly to one side against my left cheek. The sudden movement took me by surprise, but it looked more like he was getting cuddly with me then trying to head butt me. The dude next to me took two steps to the far corner and stayed there until the elevator opened several floors down and then scrambled to get off. As I said I have been blessed.

- ShadowHawke -

11. I've only been playing with my dolls for 3-4 months at this point, and I've never had a case where the doll has cause me any real pain... The closest I've ever come is probably getting some hairs pinched off my chest or arms (I am a moderately hairy dude...) while playing with them...

Then again, I've seen enough scary moments working around cars and heavy duty equipment(not as many as evading dropping/slipping blades as a modeller though...) to know what kind of precautions one should take when working on things. I swear, once you've dodged enough falling blades, you start developing a sixth sense for when to move a body part out of the way...

12. when i trying to put my fdoll body back together that caused alot of pain and stress,he was strung so tight,and trying to get the head on was nearly impossible,i had to pull the elastic up so hard it left my whole hand red raw and sore from all the pulling,my arm muscles ached all night

13. I was getting the (temporary) head on Jaiseki so I wouldn't have a headless doll and had to hold his body between my legs as I pulled up in the elastic. Everything went fine until the head was in place and I released the tension on the elastic. His torso joint pinched the inside of my thigh on one leg and left me with a black/green bruise the size of a quarter.

14. Lirael's an angel so far, lucky me... Jay, on the other hand... When she's not feeling like doing anything, she'll clonk me in the head by falling on me, crunch my fingers in her torso joint... make me punch myself in the face by breaking a restringing tool... (Did it over at Sephora's house, restringing Jay after a coating) ... Beryls have insanely tiny string channels for the bottom hooves, and I was trying my dangest to get her elastic through this tiny channel with a restringing tool... The tool gives up, breaks, and I punch myself in the face, and almost fall off the chair... For a peace-loving unicorn, she's a pain when taken apart. XD

15. In St. Augustine I was carrying Kiyoshi and the sun came out, so I held him in this awkward position with his knees digging into my ribs so he wouldn't be in direct sunlight... It was quite painful. xD IT WAS MY FAULT, THOUGH, so I dunno if this counts... xD

16. Yes, he did!, he pinched me and kicked me....and that only after 5 months :(
      Oh well, I still love him ^.^

17. I've had a finger pinched in my boy's head when i was trying to fix his S hook :(

18. In a similar vein, I was trying to pull an S hook through my doll's neck opening, but the knot in the elastic was getting stuck. I grabbed some pliers, yanked real hard - and the pliers slipped and whacked me in the face!

I was sure I was going to have a broken nose and a split skull. In the end it was just a tiny cut (though it was more like a crater) under my eyebrow, and a bit of bruising on my eyelid.

And I got a tetanus shot. :P

19. Haha! Anyone in the Omaha meetup group could tell stories about me and my Kalix. Kaizer has made me bleed three seperate times, and badly pinched my finger with his chest joint. The first time was actually at the first area meet in a while, and his boot zipper sliced my finger open. I'm standing there in the middle of a Border's cafe, dripping blood and laughing, while everyone was freaking out. It was hilarious. We're keeping a running count of how many times he 'bites' me, and now if I pack him up, I usually throw in a couple of bandages.

20. Yes. I've been kicked and had a finger or something get stuck in their joint (I was having a difficult time removing my Miyu's knee-high converse and her foot got stuck. Pulled the foot out of the socket and boom, owch I got hurt.)