1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

He or she... Which is it?! O.o;;

Mar 28, 2007

?
  1. one sex! Its easier that way.

2. interchangable. Whatever I want it to be.

3. not only does it change sex, it changes personalities!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Think this should be quoted for emphasis. :)

Asexuality is the opposite of bisexuality (or pansexuality). There is no such thing as switching genders in humans in the real world. Closest thing would be those who are two spirited, a native american term that describes a person who has both male and female gender traits.

2. All my dolls have only a sex. I can't imagine my Akito in a skirt....

3. well my kawainino head was always a boy to me, that entire year it sat without a body. but when i finally put him on a boy's body, i didn't like it at all :\
      I've just recently put him on a girl's body... I was going to sand the breasts off, but to my surprise, i LOVE him as a girl! :D

So it's kind of confusing, really... he's a boy, but with boobs and girlie parts :sweat does it makes sense to you? No, me neither.

my zen is a boy through and through though. a boy that doesn't mind if i force him into dresses and skirts.

4. I voted interchangeable for one reason only, my BC Mistyblue Kumi, who I feel makes full use of his non-gender-specific body.

For all of my other dolls though, if they come with a penis or breasts then they are sex appropriate to their bits and pieces... once I get a full doll, I have trouble changing its sex.

5. *snort* I bought my doll with the PLAN to have him not be a permanent character... I was going to change him into whatever I wanted, maybe even into a girl sometimes if I felt like it. But now that I have him he seems to be taking on his own personality >___> However I think that if I just constantly make him different types of clothing and getting different wigs and eyes and stuff, he'll change >D

6. I like to keep mine as just one sex and character...but I find this hard when his personality is more polite and proper, less casual, with a nice white wig that just completes that--Because recently he's been in a new wig my mom bought me, brown with blonde highlights, and he's been wearing alot more casual clothes...like sweatpants and tanktops...

7. I'm hoping that mine will be interchangeable. Lots of the boys make very cute girls. I can't imagine Mimi as a boy though, but she would be adorable in a suit! Eee! So yes, interchangeability and cross dressing. I can't wait.

8. Ha ha--i went through a brief spell when i thought my Shall should be a boy (and i didn't buy Sha because...?). I think we're all happy now with her being kind of tomboyish, but still a female (sex). I find it much easier for a doll to be one sex or another--or even set as "sex neutral," as i'm planning with my Juri06 head (neither male nor female, and not switching between the two)--if only because then i can have an established story with relationships (romantic, familial, and otherwise) without the sticky business of "was she a he then or not?" It's a continuity thing in my storylines.

I can understand wanting to switch sexes on a doll at will--especially if it's kind of a "sex neutral" doll (nothing that especially identifies it as male or female in body shape &c). These are already really versatile and customizable dolls--that would be kind of the ultimate versatility lol.

Hopefully i've gotten all my terminology in this right--please forgive me if i haven't. I'm trying to use "sex" as having male or female anatomy and "gender" as behavior or self-identification as "masculine" or "feminine." Hopefully i've remembered my psych/sociology right...been a while...

9. Technically, my doll is just one character, but this character has multiple personalities. Due to a tragic background, he developed a series (so far about five) distinct personalities. Some of these personalities are girls, too. When the female personalities are using his body, though, they are technically crossdressing. xD

Wow, complicated.

10. :lol: Complicated maybe but a very neat & interesting way around the whole issue of sex/gender/whatever.

So far all of mine are the gender of their bodies, cross-dressing not withstanding. While a couple of my floating heads are gender undecided (most notably my NaNuRi) they are tending towards the gender their creator made them.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Obitsus - now there is the ultimate gender-switching doll! Just change the chest plate & *POOF* you change the gender.;)

Morgan

11. Just one sex for each of mine, though I think some of the boys would make interesting girls;)

Sera~

12. ..Well. o_o

I'm Transgendered myself, and when my Minimee heads arrive - I will most likely eventually have one on a female body, and one on a male body. I think it's a fun way to do things, an odd representation of my transitioning from female to male.

13. My boys are all boys. X3 (However Yuki is questionable, lol. He likes dresses and skirts, girly stuff, ect. <3)

I think it would be odd to have my boys as girls, IMHO. ^^;

14. My boys will be boys.
      But one will probably cross-dress.
      :lol:

15. I've been looking at a Kanoa, who totally doesn't look like a boy at all to me. But I'm not sure, were I to get one, if I'd swap the head out to a girl body, or keep him as a boy in a waif-like sort of androgenous way. Less like cross-gendered, than like the idea of the Victorian street kid who's a girl pretending to be a boy to blend in to the scenery.

16. I have gender-neutral and gender-ambiguous friends, so the idea of having a doll like this is not really weird to me.

Although, most of my dolls at least TREND one way or the other. Most of them are in some way not stereotypical of their gender in personality, whether or not they are in look. Regan, who's a girl and proud of it, is very feminine at times, but she can also be a "t-shirts and jeans" girl and she's very independent, snarky and unromantic. Jade is a girly boy, kind of the cliche flaming gay man, but he's almost genderneutral, he doesn't care one way or the other about whether or not he's a "boy" or what that means. Aiden is kind of girly for a punk street kid, or at least a bit of a camera hog. Haha. Maddock, my incoming boy, is probably the most masculine. He's a goth, and a steampunk, but he's got a very "boy" sensibility and the girly things about his mode of dressing are subculture, not gender.

I'm thinking about getting a genderqueer ftm-modded doll someday. I don't know why, but I have a character sitting around in my head who's very gender ambiguous.

17. Mine has many personalites as I do...we are in trouble....

18. One of my characters I wouldn't mind making into a doll doesn't have a set sex. I usually refer to him as 'him' though he's only a man about half the time. I'll probably end up getting him a girl body though since he likes having boobs XD s/he's the only one who's like that though :D

19. I'm asexual orientation-wise, and it has nothing to do with one's own gender perceptions- though I do appreciate physical androgyny in dolls as well as androgynous looks, it's not what I'd go out for for my characters.

However, I do have one character- whose name is perpetually eluding me- who's physically androgynous, as she's kind of... an automaton. So she calls herself a she, for dignity's sake- she comes from kind of a conservative Victorian steampunk setting- but for all intents and purposes she's neither gender pronoun. Or either.
      He or she, or any of the myriad devised other pronouns out there- it depends on the character... but I've got plenty of characters in the wings who are just plain old girls and boys.

20. One perfect girl and one perfect guy!

That's all I want and I'm half-way there with my Beryl!

Arkhe