1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

He or she... Which is it?! O.o;;

Mar 28, 2007

?
  1. one sex! Its easier that way.

2. interchangable. Whatever I want it to be.

3. not only does it change sex, it changes personalities!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Depends on the doll. Currently, all of mine are distinctly male or female, although I'm itching to get a butch androgynous girl at some point. I guess that the doll in my avatar, Judice, is kind of androgynous, although she kinda spoils it by having large boobs and a tendency to wear skimpy clothes.

2. My dolls will either be male or female. I couldn't see changing their genders, because that would mean changing their personalities. Their personalities are important to me, and I wouldn't be able to just change them at whim. One thing that bugs me in shows is when the characters don't stay in character xD

3. I prefer a doll being one sex either its a male or its a female. but as for the dolls that have no sex its whatever you feel you want the doll to be.

4. Hmmm. Well I guess all of my dolls are one gender or the other. The only way they 'bend' gender is in their body molds:

Denny was originally a immature BB Sprite female. I had his face-up redone to be boy-ish because once I'd seen him I knew he could never be a she. But he still retains the 'girl' body because of convience. I know he's a dude & he does, so I didn't think I needed to trade in or buy a body with the 'proper' parts.

Toshe & Grath share a gender neutral body. Eventually they will both have their own bodies (which are molded gender-neutral) but Toshe is definitely a boy, and Grath a girl.

5. I enjoy having distinct, set characters. To me, when they are in my hands for the very first time, their little sculpt and eyes say everything I'll ever need to know. It's a little like a baby. You don't dictate the character traits of the child--They're just there upon arrival and yours to cultivate.

If the doll has dissociative identity disorder or is transgender and creates a very different persona of his or her preferred gender, then I can completely understand the switch-up; but I see it as thus: changing the innermost character was present in my Barbie games of yesteryear, my BJDs are one of a kind. Every BJD is. Even factory face-ups differ, then throw in all the customizations we've worked for and places we've taken them and people who've loved them and you have this tiny doll that will never be exactly the same as another.

We attribute so many human characteristics to non-human things; why not add just one more? ;)

6. i dont know if this counts or not, since i dont have the doll yet, but im planning on a future doll who will be whomever i need her to be. i wanted a dollstown girl, and decided she will be a ghost. shell have a set character as a girl, but when i need a boy ghost, shell be a boy ghost....all my other dolls are either or (even Wyn is definitely a boy) but for some reason my future dollstown girl gets to be both :aheartbea

7. UGH!!!

This was a major pain in my butt... I had originally gotten Akira to be a girl... a boyish girl but still a girl... After a while... she started to lean more towards being a boy so I sold her girl body and got a boy body for him.... once that happened everything seemed fine for a while...

After a bit though... He started to become more of a she again... (x_x)... So I gave up... I'm currently saving for a volks yugiri body because... Akira really can't make up her mind. The character has now officially become gender confused and so now if you call her a him... that's fine... if you call him a her... that's okay too. Poor thing is now doomed to forever wallow in the confusion over his/her gender.

One thing is for sure... The character is now much more interesting than he/she was.

All my other dolls have a definite sex though. Even if they may be a pretty boy or a boyish girl or very androgynous... they still have decided genders.

8. My boy could be a girl. He looks like a girl, and dresses like one. All my friends call him a "Shim". xD

9. I have a girl, so her gender rarley gets messed up, but my friends Bory model, bless him, he's always being asked the infamous "What's her name?!" question.

10. I make my each of dolls one gender. However, my boy looks kind of feminine^^

11. I only want my doll to have 1 sex...:)

12. Almost all my future dolls with be one sex. However, I do have one character doll who will have a girl's head on a boy body (and I'll have to make her some fake boobs). Lamish is special. ;D Born male, feels female in personality but doesn't feel it necessary to get that big operation. *Shrug* The best way to express that, I think, is to get a slightly masculine girl sculpt and stick it on a boy body.

13. My dolls are characters, and each is definitely set in his/her gender. There's the possibility I might choose to have a very androgynous boy at some point, but he'd still be a boy (and probably not wear actual dresses, just clothes that could go either way). Of course everyone I know will assume he's a girl, I know!

I can't imagine having one doll be more than one character, unless it was a multiple personality thing, or maybe a stage persona or something - but still the same character. I'm having a hard time considering having two dolls share a body even! They just have so much personality built into them.

14. One sex... But I CAN cross-dress him! ;D

15. Hear ye, hear ye.

I'd prefer my dolls to have a set gender, given that the body shapes are different... but perhaps little/mini dolls can be androgynous. Also, my boys tend to look quite feminine as well, so I guess they're half and half either way. xD

16. My Shin is most definitly a boy, he's a mans man, who looks ridiculus in a dress and likes to go topless.
      I am planning at least one gender neutral doll, because of the character that doll will be portraying.

17. Mine looks like a chick. And since Mana most of the time looks like a girl but is a guy underneath, I make him like Mana and he looks like Mana lol

18. Haha, I don't like boy dolls so all my dolls are one sex, the same forever and all the same one XD. I don't like them to change the personalities too, when I get a doll I give her, her own personality and she acts and dress as she is :D.

19. My dolls do have pretty strong personalities so I do keep them as they came to me.

20. I'm forEVER being asked "THAT'S a guy!?" on Nicco, since he favors slender form fitting clothes and at the moment, has long hair. But he's definitly male right down to his happy trail and short 'n curlys.:lol: