1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

He or she... Which is it?! O.o;;

Mar 28, 2007

?
  1. one sex! Its easier that way.

2. interchangable. Whatever I want it to be.

3. not only does it change sex, it changes personalities!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. My two future dolls that are on lay-away already have very clear personalities and genders, however that isn't to say any future dolls will have a specific gender identity. Duma and Niva both clearly identify with their biological gender/sex, although they both have some traits associated with the opposite gender.

2. While most of my dolls have stayed their own gender, my MSD Ken is clearly a girl. (I named him Jamie so I have an excuse for him to be both sexes on a whim)

3. I'm with one girl, one incoming boy and a dream no gender (modded boy).

4. Wahah, I am one of the 4.09% (as of this post) who chose 'not only does it change sex, it changes personalities' XD . But I don't have a doll yet... XD . Well, I that's what I'm planning, anyway. Just the one though. The other dolls I'm planning are sticking to one gender. But I want to get a genderless doll with multiple personalities and each personality typically considers itself a boy or a girl. Yay for intentionally versatile character concepts =D . I couldn't possibly have one doll be more than one actual 'person', so this is my 'loophole' X3 . One person with many personalities is still one person... just with some serious identity crisis issues =P .

ali

5. All of my dolls will be based on characters, so they have to stay the same. ^_^

6. I bought my doll with the fact in mind that it would be changing genders constantly. I bought a Homme Kirill, which official makes the doll male, but I use "he" and "she" interchangeably. I even picked a genderless name for the purpose (Lyric t. Red). Her personality never changes, and her base appearance (wig, eyes, faceup), don't really ever change either.

Then again, I bought him for the purpose of making fashion prototypes and as an art model, so I sort of needed him to be interchangeable. If I ever buy a girl, he may stay male.

7. Well...one of my dolls COULD be either. I'm getting a Glati soon and he isn't...well endowed. He could be either, however...I don't really care much for female dolls...so all of my dolls will stay at their body gender.

8. Mine are, for now, males. And they'll stay that way. Can't say much about their swinging orientations though... >_>

9. one sex one personality each doll has an identity you have to learn about after you get it

10. I sort of like the androgynous thing, but I prefer to have one doll who is one sex. Personality can probably fluctuate a bit, but stay more or less the same. I don't anticipate having dolls that change sex.

11. It's a very interesting question

I have one transgendered friend, and have read the biography of another

We are custodians of our resin people, and to some extent they represent facets of ourselves

Most of the time, I have trouble with the gender of the dolls online, there is a trend for them to all look feminine, and I am aware of bishounen.

I think these resin people are whatever we want them to be, and maybe the whole definite boy/girl thing isn't quite as important as being happy with the overall character you create

12. All i have are boys though occationally they are in dresses. However, they are still male and they keep their identity as well as personalities. The only exception is my puki since he/she is a fairy.

13. One sex. It makes things easier that way... but I do have plans to add one who cross dresses. At the moment, all of my dolls stick to there current genders.

14. Mine generally don't change genders, but sometimes they do switch their personalities. XD

15. My doll is male but dresses in some-what feminem clothing. My theme when making his clothes is "Gothic vampire queen". But hes male. And very proud of it. Actually.. he doesnt like women at all.

16. I do have one doll, my DZ Mo, who's on a modded girl body. Even though I refer to him as a male (rather than saying 'it'), he is genderless and tends to wear girl clothing, so I have him switching between male and female.

Apart from that, even with my very girly looking male characters, they all have one gender.

And no character switching. I can't really imagine them representing different characters because they are all so different and distinct that it would just be strange for me :S

17. I have a no gender doll that can go either way too.

The rest of them, however, do have a definite gender and will stay that way. :P

18. I haven't actually purchased my first doll yet, but I've found I don't even click the main listing links for ones that don't immediately suggest a distinct personality (and by extension, gender) to me, so I'm sure than once I finally get one that doll's staying the same gender and personality for a very, very long time.

19. Physical gender and what is socially considered aspects for a certain gender have always been two separate things for me. Just because a doll of mine has the particular hardware doesn't mean I am going to stick with what is that genders stereotype.

20. my Oli came a girl is a girl and will always be a girl, but I know some people change they're dolls sex. whatever they want to do with their doll. for me I like to keep things simple.