1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

He or she... Which is it?! O.o;;

Mar 28, 2007

?
  1. one sex! Its easier that way.

2. interchangable. Whatever I want it to be.

3. not only does it change sex, it changes personalities!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Mine are all girls. And staying that way.

2. Most of the characters I have in mind are boys, for whatever reasons. It's just a personal opinion of my own, but for some reason I just prefer boys (despite being in a same-sex relationship with another girl. XD; ) So most of my dolls will be boys, though I think I would love to have a girl eventually... each doll represents a character, and so far each character I have planned has a certain gender. One is transgendered, though. :)

3. Some of my anthros go back and forth between sexes depending simply on available clothing. But my human dolls keep their sexual identities.
      Although, now that I think about it, I would like to see how my Dollmore Kid Vora would look as a boy. The one on their site reminds me of Haley Joel Osment.

4. ;)When in doubt, assume male.

5. One sex! It's easier that way.

No more words

6. I have mostly girls, four boys, and one character who is transgendered. I had initially modified a girl head into a boy head, but then I realized the sculpt had a very fluid look. :)

7. If I wanted a doll that was specifically a transsexual, I might choose one with a more androgynous appearance. I don't have anything like that planned currently, and it's very unlikely I ever will.

8. I just voted for one sex.. but I'm thnking about getting a genderless doll for my next character, so technically he would be neither..
      but my boys could never be girls and I don't think my girl could ever be a boy.. just can't really see that happening.. ;)

9. One sex, but not because it is easier or not, just because that is how I like it to be for my resin people. Boys are male and girls are female. Not interchangeable genders nor personalities among my BJD. I would not like doing that. I love characters to keep their own unique ways, including their own genders and their own personalities.

10. I go for mature molds that are definately either male or female so i can't really swap genders, even if I wanted to.
      However, I always thought that I'd be cool with making one doll share more than one style and personality. Now I have her fixed with one personality it seems wrong to change her around like that! I don't think I could see her any other way.

11. All my planned characters but one are either specifically a boy or girl except for one of my boys who is transgender and likes to cross dress. Not sure if I would change his body to a girl when he did that though <<

12. My future dolls will have one gender *lol* I can't handle with a doll who has two genders oO

13. All characters I have in mind are boys. Maybe boys that look a little bit like girls, but not both sex in a same body or something like that, mainly because I don't want a character with this characteristics, it's not in my plans ^^

14. Well I am not sure what my answer is because I have one girl who is definatnly a girl and one boy who cross dresses as a girl gothic loli style, and one boy who is very androgenous but is defiantly a boy. So I guess it wouldn't bother me if that was what was in the character.

15. I don't have any asexual, hermaphroditic, or schizophrenic dolls, and I plan to keep it that way. My dolls have distinct personalities and genders. 'Cause that's the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I like it.

16. My darling little Thaer is the only one I have that is this way. He can change sexes, races and personailties (he's a shape shifter after all), but the rest are pretty set in their gender/race/persons =^_^=

17. Sex and gender are seperate things first off. Changing the dolls sex would be to change their body from say a boy body to female. Gender is the social aspect we link to sex such as 'Masculine' or 'Feminine' qualities. My dolls tend to be a solid sex and gender but that is part of their character. Gender is more flexible with my characters but the only way I'd change their sex outright would be to make a new character or as a joke so I would consider it "Out of Character". I do whatever I feel like with the doll itself but the characters tend to be more set.

18. Hmm. I could see mine changing appearance, but for some reason not personality?

19. Gender and Biological sex category are totally not the same thing. At all.

Gender is a socially-constructed set of ideals defining "masculine" and "feminine" characteristics that we use to define whether or not a male or female is acting according to their "gender", whereas biological sex category is the physical functionality of the organs you are born (or in the case, cast) with. Not all people born into a biological sex category recognise fully (or even partly) with their gender construct, so the question being asked seems like it should be phrased surrounding gender rather than biological sex.

That being said, all of my planned dolls will engender the biological sex category that they inhabit, and I plan to keep it that way.