1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Headhunters arise!

Feb 23, 2010

1. LOL no, I have 4 complete dolls and 5 heads....I'm also obsessed with hybrid-ing dolls...

2. I do this too but I also buy or make a headstand to display them (like those luts and elfdoll are selling).. my elfdoll heads -some previously a friend's and some first hand- all arrived each one with a gift headstand by the company and that was perfect .:lol:

3. I don't really think I'm a head hunter in the way you're referring to. I only have two floating heads, and while I am looking for bodies for them, I still enjoy having them the way the are.

However, I am on the hunt for a dreaming or sleeping head that I can play with, so I guess I kind of am a head hunter at this point. XD

4. I'm definitely a head hunter in exactly the same way you mention. I'm also a 'part-hunter'. I love the idea of having one body (the bulkiest part of a doll) and multiple ways of 'dressing up' that body.

I have one body for 4 heads (Cuprit, Cass, Amber, Nephelin), which can share 4 sets of arms/hands (Cuprit, Cass, Amber, Breccia) and 4 sets of hooves/legs (Cuprit, Heliot, Cass, Amber)

I'm hoping to buy a NS Sard in Soom's Free Choice event, which will share my Chrom's head, hands and Paws.

My Pipos D. Charlotte and D. Demon and both floating heads who share my Cheshire's body (I eventually want to get them their own, though, as they need to be photographable as a set). My Soom Bygg and dyed Yrie heads also share the Cheshire body (though they'll eventually get a GS Soom Teenie body to share).

My two Soom Ai heads share a body, and that body can share deer hooves (Ai) and eagle wings and talons (Yrie) parts.

I'm getting a Migma, who will be wearing my Vesuvia tail most of the time.

I do have a few dolls which currently don't share any parts - GS Galena, Tan Brown Chalco, and Black Shonki. Eventually I do want to get them other heads (GS Onyx, for example) or other parts - it's just a matter of waiting for Soom to make them!

I don't think I would have got into this hobby without the allure of mix-and-match dolls, so I definitely understand how people end up with scores of floating heads :XD:

5. While I might not have any now, I know I'll end up this way. All the time I see heads that I absolutely love! I'm not always into the bodies however.... I can just tell I'll end up with heads floating around all the time, mixing and matching trying to find the perfect combination.... I think it comes from a love of legos- mix and match.

6. At one time, I think I had 4 floating heads, and I hated it! It actually stresses me out quite a bit to have incomplete dolls. It's way too easy to accumulate bodiless heads if you spend much time on the MP or buy from companies that don't have bodies available. Also, since I'm paranoid about yellowing or face-up damage, it bothers me that the best time of the head's "life" would be wasted if it takes a long time to get a body for it. I don't have any floaters right now except a sleeping head and two practice heads, which don't really count since I never plan to buy bodies for them.

I'll also add that I don't see why some people buy default heads from the company and don't get them a body right away. It doesn't save any money in the long run, so why not wait until you can afford the whole doll? I can see why someone might do this to see for certain if they really like the sculpt in person, since less money would be lost if they decided to sell it (since the shipping cost from the company isn't as high for a head). Or if they need to do some resin-matching/hybrid testing before getting a body. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me.

7. I am down now to 5 heads! Woot! I'm trying now to stay away from heads.

8. I'm a pretty new collector and have already picked up this habit. I was so happy to read through this thread. I think it is a good idea to buy/collect heads for all the reasons described already in the thread.

"ditto" all the way through.

I may have missed it, but did anyone mention the savings on shipping cost? Why keep sending the same bodies through the mail. Keep your own bodies and just swap heads.

9. Guilty of this, I must have 7 or 8 heads that cycle between two bodies. 5 of which the company only makes heads and are notorious for different resin colors. But I like the idea really of having just the heads it saves space. XD