1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

HeartStrung Bulbi doll (25cm)

Apr 28, 2017

1. I have 24mm acrylic half domes in mine. Because the resin is so light (it is like ABS) a full round made it even more top heavy than it was. They are difficult to set, as there isn't an eye well as such, just an opening. You have to balance it between using too much poster tac that it adds weight and having enough to get the eyes to stick. Bit of a juggling act!

Mine is still blank and I am still a bit bamboozled as to what to do with it. I have since got into Blythes, so at least that is giving me some practice in working with that sort of aesthetic.

#41 MadamMauMau, Apr 2, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    2. Thank you MadamMauMau, that is really helpful :)
      I was looking at the acrylic types, so that is handy! I normally go for glass but having read how lightweight the resin is, wasn't sure.
      I am not sure on a character for mine yet - I think I will just go with the flow. It is unusual for me to not have one ready, but she is an unusual girl so that is probably why!

3. Has anyone heard anything about delivery on the second batch of the Bulbi pre-order?

I bought Bulbi on layaway, so am waiting on my final invoice before she can be shipped. I have emailed Amal but have not heard anything back. I am hoping to receive her soon. I have a wig and eyes all ready now :)

4. Amal mentioned, in her latest Instagram post 3 days ago, that she expected the second batch to ship from Haru Casting next week. I'm waiting for a doll from this second batch, too, even though my layaway has been paid off since February. I also have a blue one coming, that Amal had left from the first pre-order. They'll both ship out together, once my peach one is in hand. I don't have anything picked out for them yet, but I can hardly wait to get them.

Here's a link to her Instagram, if you don't already have it: Amal (@amaleina) • Instagram photos and videos

5. Thank you Cattwo, I heard back from Amal yesterday with the same information so hopefully we will have our dolls soon.

Lucky you to be getting too, have you thought of any characters yet for them?

Thank you for the instagram link too :)

6. Here's a link to Haru's pic of our Bulbi dolls: Assembling! Yes, it appears they'll soon be on their way to Amal. :)

I've thought about characters, but to be honest, not very deeply. The blue one intrigues me the most - it's the one I wanted first and thought I wouldn't get, because no one else showed interest during the last pre-order for them. Amal couldn't do another pre-order for just one blue one, so she very kindly offered the one she had left from the first pre-order. Just prior to Amal offering me that opportunity, I ordered a peach Bulbi because I didn't want to miss out completely. Since Amal was doing me such a huge favor by offering me the blue, I decided not to cancel on the peach and I'm glad I didn't. So this is how I wound up with two. I think each color has such a charm of its own. I would gladly buy another in another color someday, if they are ever offered again.

Anyway, I think that once I have them in hand, I'll have a better idea of what they'll become. How about you, @Saraht? You mentioned picking out eyes and a wig. I haven't even gotten that far yet. I'm afraid I'm very slow with giving BJDs their face-ups and fully realizing their potential. I have a couple other dolls (non-Bulbi) already here that I still have to work on.

7. I am exactly the same to a degree and will wait until she is here to decide on her character properly. I know that I want my Bulbi to be dark haired. She has three pairs of eyes to choose from, so hopefully I will be able to decide on her character and face up, quite quickly. I have no idea on clothes though yet.

I am too impatient to wait and take my time to realise a dolls potential I am afraid, they get bought to life quite quickly when they arrive on my doorstep. Most end up being reinvented further down the line, so I should probably slow down a bit but I can't see that happening anytime soon!.

Oddly I have just bought a smallish, contemporary,wooden sheepskin covered German sheep, that I fell for. I think it measures about 24cm, so potentially I could call her 'Baa-bie' lol and make a quirky pairing. I could have her sat on his back. My imagination does go haywire at times especially when I am falling asleep or daydreaming...

Just an idea to contemplate!

Thank you for the link to the assembly - how exciting to think that two of those are ours! :)

8. O.o so stinken cute! Iv never seen this little guy before!

9. That sheep sounds very cute and I'm sure it will be a fun companion for your Bulbi,@Saraht! I think part of the fun of expecting a doll is the daydreaming we do while we wait for them. :)

Yes, our two must be among those in the photo - very exciting to think about, for sure! And they've shipped to Amal now, too - all the better! :cheer

10. Lol....the sheep arrived and promptly went back....so back to the drawing board :3nodding:

I just saw the shipping photos on Flickr from Haru. Great news! :thumbup

11. I'm kicking myself for not discovering this doll until the bodies were well sold out. I'd have just loved to have that gorgeous body! Will there ever be any more sold?

12. I am not sure Rosslyn - you could try contacting the Artist, Amal who will help you out there with that answer I am sure :)

13. I noticed that, according to Amal's Instagram, that she is now in the process of getting the dolls ready to ship to us now. I haven't received a shipping notice yet, but hope one comes through by the end of this week.

14. Woo hoo! Bulbi arrived this morning. :cheerI missed the postman by ten minutes on Saturday (one 20 minute window when no-one was home all day....guess when the postman attempted delivery! :roll:) so i went down to the depot first thing this morning to collect her.

Being in the U.K i got to receive a doll quickly for once. I am so used to international shipping, and then having to wait for customs clearance and then paying the demand etc, that this delivery has been a breeze.

I had bought a wig for her, but quickly decided that her noggin is so beautiful that she will be left bald, with just her little hat for decoration. I have to say that i just ADORE her! She is much lighter in weight than i had anticipated - i had read this in an earlier post, so knew this to be the case and was prepared for it, but it still was hard to visualise the reality. She is very different to any other bjd i have owned. I feel i can be braver with her - she will definitely be less fragile having such a big head to support, and less likely to topple over. She is very reminiscent of a Blythe and i love this aesthetic. A wonderful almost 'art doll' in style to me and links the BJD/Blythe themes together perfectly. Big smiles here today!

If i can, i would like to paint her this week, but here is a glimpse of my 'Cotton'. She is wearing a loose Blythe blouse top, Doll Chateau Kid bloomers, and Blythe socks. The little crochet shoes which belong to my Nappy Choo fit her too.

[​IMG]Bulbi....fresh from her box and all ready for her face up

15. @Saraht I've just thoroughly enjoyed a little wander through your flickrstream - what a fantastic collection! I really admire the character imbued in your dolls through their beautiful faces and styling - and the way you display and photograph them! It's magical! Little Cotton (love her name!) looks right at home and very satisfied to be in such good company!! ^-^

@Cattwo I do hope your little ones arrive to you soon! And I hope that you'll be pleased with them! I'm much the same in that it takes me a long time usually to paint a doll and 'finish' it! Most of my dolls remain blank (my own Bulbi is still blank!)...but I do think there is something to appreciate about blank dolls too! :)

@Rosslyn Unfotunately, I've retired the current Bulbi sculpt, so won't be producting any more at this time. But I'm not abandoning the sculpt altogether - I plan to make a new version and I have in mind a very special feature for her! ;) If she becomes available again, I will see if there is also enough interest in the body as a standalone as well :)

16. Thank you Amal! Little Cotton is firmly part of my resin family now and has found her place on top of my little miniatures cabinet where she will most likely stay

[​IMG]Bulbi

17. They arrived earlier this week and I'm just as delighted with them as I knew I would be - they are truly wonderful in every way! You've created such a charming character in this doll and although it may take me awhile to commit to face-ups for them, I still plan on having some fun with them by taking a few pics of them in their "natural state". The peach and light blue colors play off each other beautifully, so I can't wait to pose them together. Many thanks again for making these dolls possible, Amal - I really love them! :fangirl:

18. Your Cotton is totally precious, Saraht! :aheartbea I love how you have her posed in that photo - a little wistful looking, yet still full of Bulbi'tude! Gotta say it again - really digging that bald look! And with the addition of the hat and bow, she looks utterly adorable! Great job on her face-up and choosing the perfect outfit for her, too! She turned out amazing! :D

My two showed up earlier this week and I had hoped to get the time to take pics before replying on here, but haven't been able to yet. Hoping this weekend will be the charm and I'll be sure to share a pic of them here. The blue and peach look great together - so happy with them!

Tags: