1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Heimdal,3rd of Bermann Do. is comming to you...

Mar 15, 2006

1. Damn if that's the case everytime.. I can kiss my chances to get a Berman goodbye ;___; I don't say they shouldn't do limited Berman, but they sell a naked, no make up Berman, that would make me happy...

Guess that's never going to happen though.

2. I feel exactly the same. It's far too difficult to get one of these highly coveted LE ones, and too stressful.

I am frustrated now as it appears the whole next order will already be spoken for by "priority" as anu puts it, by those who tried this time and missed out on this one. If I'd have known that, I would have tried to order just for the sake of getting on that "priority list".

This is too frustrating and IMHO, not managed properly. Makes one want to just give up completely.

3. Hi... I am lucky enough to have gotten one this time -- amazingly enough; it's like a minor miracle -- but I agree, it would be nice for there to be a way for people to get Bermann that does not require this degree of angst / stress / pain. Does he really have to be such a limited doll? I adore the costumes and work that Anu does, but is there a reason that the actual mold can't have an unlimited release?

4. Mr. Dollshe only made Bermann as a "test" doll, there were no plans to continue making more than the original 77, but Anu made a contract with him to make 77 more as LE.

5. Apparently anu has a business agreement with Mr Dollshe, that she has exclusive rights to the mold, and that her LE versions, will be the ONLY versions of Bermann availible, ever.

It's a great business arrangement, probably bpth for Anu and Mr. Dollshe, but unfortunately it basically screws those of us who would be happiest if we could just buy a nude, unadorned Bermann when we wanted.

6. I did not go to university from 14th to 16th....
      I waited for him all the time.
      Maybe I will never wait for Bermann again.
      Bermann broke my heart deeply
      T-T

7. I'm so tired this time...

8. Yeah, I'm pretty much aware of all that. I just don't understand what it is about Bermann that makes it so... necessary to make him limited in the first place? People love him, so is it just some sort of emotional attachment that makes Mr. Dollshe want to keep him in such a limited release (both with the original 77 and the new limited series)? Obviously I'm asking the wrong people here, because we are probably all wondering, but still....

9. I suspect it is to create heightened interest in the dolls, and also to keep them very coveted. I suppose it doesn't hurt business wise either, I mean Heimdal sold out in like one minute.

What I personally wish might happen, is that Mr. Dollshe MIGHT consider putting a Bermann head, possibly on a Hound body, tweaking the face sculpt slightly (like he could fix those ears, LOL) call him something besides Bermann, and bring him out unlimited. I would guess that this wouldn't violate his contrat with anu, and would certainly be quite saleable to those of us who would prefer just to have the doll.

10. I agree with all of you who said this is way too stressful just to get bermann...I missed him by 3 minutes and I was so terribly disappointed and sad the whole day I really couldn't concentrate on anything.
      It's probably really stupid to be so upset over one doll, but he's an important presence for my family because Xion will leave if he won't be around.
      And now seeing that so many people wants him, and knowing my terrible bad luck, I'm really doubting I'll ever have a chance to get him.
      Like acexkeikai said, just a naked bermann would be incredible enough already for me ._.

11. pain...i am the unlucky one to be refunded too......Morning I was happy to death and now disappointed to death
      So frustrated now and don't know if I should look forward for next Bermann

12. *huggu TarotBug* I'm sorry to hear that T_T Somehow I think the pain is more for those who managed to get the order in but was refunded.

13. Cheer up everyone...If I remember correctly, there's still two new Dollshe boys to look forward to.

14. Anu, if you are reading this thread I would like to suggest perhaps going to a lottery system such as Volks uses for their LE's, that would be a much fairer solution than putting people from this order onto a priority list for the next order.

The priority list effectively takes away the chance to get one for many of us, and it really isn't fair. A lottery for the chance to buy one, would solve this problem and it would be fair to everyone.

Please consider this.

15. yup i fully agree lottery is great although please limit it to one person one account one lottery... hahaha :D [its hard since ppl can alwayz ultilized their various emails...]

16. I do think that it is really time for new Dollshe boys, with new sculpts as interesting and as detailed as Bermann. Hound has proven popular. Bermann certainly is - although it is hard to assess how many would sell if he were not limited. Sometimes you wonder if LE status makes them desirable, and what would happen if he was easily available. For instance, Madoka...she is so beautiful, but would everyone want one if she were as easy to buy as Lishe? I don't have an answer...I'm just questioning. But at any rate, I look forward to seeing - hopefully - two new Dollshe boy sculpts. Husky seemed to me to be a lot like Hound, and his mouth doesn't appeal to me. So...we'll see. But I really doubt we'll ever see an unlimited Bermann. I think they'll want the "magic" of him to remain in the small numbers. With that said, I really wish he were available to everyone, because it's a shame to waste such a gorgeous sculpt...ears notwithstanding - LOL! It's a shame that this group sale was so confusing and has caused so much unhappiness. It really is just so stressful and exhausting...the up of thinking you've ordered him...and the down of finding out they took too many orders. That just made the already stressful experience even worse. I counted 21 minutes that he remained "buyable" on my computer...so that's a lot of orders that can be placed. It would be nice for the folks who ordered and then were cancelled, to get a special Bermann of their own. But that's just my personal feeling on the subject.

17. Steph said
      "It would be nice for the folks who ordered and then were cancelled, to get a special Bermann of their own. But that's just my personal feeling on the subject."

I totally agree with this. Even just make a nude one availible to them. That would go a long way to remedy alot of the upset and disappointment that people are feeling.

I do understand that Anu was put in an awkward position due to PayPal, and bugs on her site, but I don't think that a priority list is the right way to go. It's not fair to the rest of us.

18. Utilizing a lottery system would definitely eliminate the stress of trying to get your order through and most likely prevent anymore overordering issues in the next batch.

I am wholly against the priority list, it's not fair for those who couldn't even manage to place an order/needed a bit more time to get funds in order.

19. I couldn't even get to the web site. Don't know what's up with that, probably a DNS thing as others have stated elsewhere. So a lottery would be more fair. Let everyone that is interested apply for the lottery and then let the winner's of the lottery pay for the doll within an alloted time. If they don't then draw another person's name.

I'm very bummed as I tried to get into the web site and still can't get into it. I even tried a different browser, firefox. So now for the next Bermann, there is already a priority list. Reason I'm interested in this particular doll are the outfits, and the details in the face and the Bermann body.

20. Definitely agreed...since I found out my order was cancelled earlier this morning. *sigh* I seriously never thought I would be this brokenhearted over a doll, but I totally am. ;-;

I would probably have more to say, but my brain is still totally fried from all this....