1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Heimdal,3rd of Bermann Do. is comming to you...

Mar 15, 2006

1. Well said Steph!
      I could not even get there to let my finger hover over the buy button ( her site and Mac dont get along!)
      I am putting all my hopes on the 2 new Dollshe boys we got hints about awhile back.
      I love Bermann.

2. Heeyyyy what's all this talk about ears?? His ears are one the best features!! :)

Steph, your computer was slow, had to have been. I was on my work computer checking it out and we have a faster line than cable and I kept refreshing...that boy was GONE within 5 - 6 minutes. I was completely and utterly amazed!

As for a lottery on these guys...that is definitely the way to go. I was talking to one of our tech guys at work last night about this...and I know Anu mentioned her problems with paypal, however, if it's any consolation, the tech guy said ANY server would be taxed and imperfect when you get that many orders coming through for a limited amount...it slows the system and REGARDLESS more orders than what are supposed to be will get through. With a lottery people could relax, put their name in and leave it to chance. Everyone gets a fair shot. And if you don't make it, it's a little easier to swallow than to have gone through all the waiting and stress of reloading. And it's less stress on the server.

There are still 4 groups left of DO. 3 beyond the next group already promised. And like someone said, there are new Dollshe molds coming up. I'm sure you'll find the one you want and get him. I hope this is some consolation. Also, I am sure Tensiya will solve this and make it better for everyone next round.

3. I'd be perfectly happy with a naked Bermann, even as gorgeous as the full sets are. Wonder what kind of odds we'd get in a lottery? There's far fewer dolls than in a Volks realease, and quite many of us who want him. I'll try anyways, obviously, if Anu decides to do that.

4. Exactly, Christy. There's no way to ask a server do this kind of thing without breaking it. As I watched this whole thing meltdown yesterday, I suspected that Anu would try to assuage the grief of those who missed out with an offer of priority. But I think it is a terrible mistake to compound the error in such a way. Lotteries can be nerve wracking too, but at least they are impartial!

5. Would the number of people joining the lottery be limited? Because if not, there is the possibility that an unlimited number of people can get a lottery ticket. This will slim everyone's chances down. This will also encourage other people who do not really want him to "try their luck" on a lottery, therefore further increasing the number of those who will get a ticket. What about those people who really want him? Those people who had and are willing to go through sleepless nights and risk their work and education just to get the Bermann that they so dearly love? I know a lot of you will disagree with me but there are downsides to every solution.

Personally, the best way to go is for Tensiya to increase the number of Bermanns to at least 22 more releases and continue releasing Bermann the way they are already doing now, except perhaps to get a more stable server or fix the bug in the software, for instance eLuts seems to have handled the Elf Yder release fine, I am guessing there are just as many people (or even more) who wanted him as 30 of them sold out in a minute or so. This way, it will compensate all the heartbroken people (caused by the 3rd release) at the same time, not ruining the chances of anyone getting the next releases.

The downside of this however is if this is even possible. Although the only way is perhaps for Anu to try and communicate with Mr. Dollshe himself and explain the situation. If you look at her posts, she said herself that she did not expect us to want Bermann so much. She thought that we only needed 5-6. Perhaps if we voice out the fact that he is highly in demand, this could make her rethink his release, together with Mr. Dollshe.

6. That was my worry too. It's definitely more fair, but I'm afraid of the numbers. :sweat Never was the gambling type, and I have abysmal luck.

7. Lottery isn't a perfect system, but at least it's fair and would take a whole heck of alot of stress out of trying to get one.

8. I agree with Lord Ross. With a lottery, we have at least a potential of hundreds of people entering to compete for meger 11 dolls, even if they do not really want him, but because of the value and how much he is worth on the secondary market. It will not cost those people anything to enter, it will be effortless. How do you separate those who really want him, willing to spend many sleepless nights on end just to get him from those who will enter "just for the hell of it" so they can resell him later?

9. there is no fair solution in any case when we talk about such an extremely limited doll, who also happens to be very popular. especially with the growth rate of the BJD community. it's no wonder Anu expected so few ppl to be interested, since the last release was a year ago. i joined DoA in June and there were only a little over 2000 members. now there are over 6000 members. that's a growth of about 500 ppl per month! there will only be more and more ppl who want bermann and more ppl disappointed.

eta: maybe the demand would have been met if they released all the dolls at the same time or larger amount and fewer releases, like CP & Volks. i suppose that would help the customers, but put more stress on the artist(s).

10. I agree with tigerlily and Lord Ros. I think that if they get a more stable server situation and perhaps up the number of dolls released, this situation would be better mended :\

11. Since he is sold out, and there are no more possible news updates, I am going to lock this thread. :)

If you have any suggestions for improvement, please feel free to visit http://tensiya.com/ and submit them through the site or the site's e-mail.