1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Help me dress my Volks SD17, What can he wear?

Jun 27, 2007

1. There are shirts marked as SD17 size but they are all sold out. I haven't bought any of their SD13 size shirts but I'd think they'd be too tight through the shoulders and not fasten properly at the neck.

2. Okay, I missed those particular shirts then. :)

So....where are SD17 keepers buying button-downs???? Are the SD13 shoulders not wide enough and arm length not long enough?

3. I'm buying all of mine at 4D (I have this one and this one), as I'm sure a lot of people are. Some of the SD17 size pieces don't have it listed in the title, this jacket only has the size in the item description. Their SD17 stuff sells out really quick, I pretty much stalk the site.

The only SD13 stuff I've put on Sean so far has been open necked sleeveless stretchy things. But he wears some things super-tight which isn't for every dolls look. :sweat

4. Some of Volks' newer shirts are sized "SD13B/SD17"... And I have the suspicion that they're making some of their (already rather large) SD13 clothes big enough for their tall boys. I got a button-down shirt in an SD13 outfit not too long ago that fits Luce brilliantly. Will try to find exactly which outfit a bit later.

Edit: can't seem to find the outfit/shirt on either VolksUSA or Volks International... it's a mystery :o

5. Now that you mention it, there have been a couple of Volks outfits and shoes in the last year that have been catagorized as SD13 but have arrived rather oversized. It's totally random stuff though. Like the shirts from the SD13 h. naoto hakama set or these shoes. St. James got those shoes for Kaspar (Delf type 3 body) but they ended up on Daniel (70cm Elysium body). *_*

6. My Alain is here!!!! And I took a chance on a MP buy of a brand spanking new pair of dark blue jeans from Cheerydoll for Hound - they are beyond PERFECTION on the SD17 body! Perfect fit through the waist and thighs, but definitely too long. However a large cuff can be rolled and with the beautiful denim fabric, the cuff is perfect for creating that 1950's "tin can" look!!! I am thrilled!!!!

7. BUMP for this, I really need to know where to buy clothes other than 4D~!!!!!

8. Do SuperGem clothes fit?

9. I've only got 1 pair of Super Gem pants to try, but they fit tolerably well :) They're a little shorter than I would like, but it's not terrible. XD

[​IMG]

I have a pair of Senior Delf khakis that work pretty well, too. They're about the same length.

10. Jenova>> What about the tops? Shirts, T-shirts, etc?

11. Whoops, meant to say, the pants are the only SG clothes I have. XD So, no idea on that front. :/ (I've been making due with SD13 sized tops for both my Alain and my Super Gems for the moment. Some are roomy/long enough, but I think most aren't. ^^; )

12. I've got three SD17 boys now and am bumping this in the hopes that with the Genjis arriving, we might have more leads on clothes - these boys ARE clothes horses!

Cheerydoll Hound jeans are gorgeous rolled with a cuff. Dollmore skinny jeans fit bunched or cuffed. mimiwoo jeans fit okay. Dollshe sized shirts are perfect! Delf boy jeans - no. What about a suit????

13. Iplehouse YID shirts fit the SD17 really well in the shoulders, collar and lengthwise in the body and the sleeves are only very slightly short.

SDELF boy jeans are great in length and you can almost do them up but not quite.

SSDelf clothing is way too big, unless you are going for that Talking Heads, big suit 80s look. The shoes fit well.

I have more stuff heading in from various different companies so I will continue to update as I try it out.

14. Can the SD17 body wear Dollheart SD13 clothing or their SD13 shoes?

15. Most Dollheart pants would be too short, I think -- they're far too short for my Super Gems, at any rate. I would expect the tops to generally be too small as well... they've never been what I would call generously sized. XD;

The shoes, however, might work -- I'll try a few tonight :) (hmm, I think all I have are boots, though... XD; )

16. I've begun a thread in the BJD-opedia subforum so we can see pictures -

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4145496

Please add any pictures and I will begin trying clothes and shoes on my boys here, too.

I would really really really love it if someone with the DH Gray Gentleman could tell us if that outfit fits!

Thanks, jenova, for trying on boots - let us know! I've got a pair of shoes floating around somewhere I can try!

17. Posted some stuff over in the BJD-opedia thread.. but I have to take a guess, after trying a few things, Zags, that any DH outfit isn't going to fit *nicely*. :/

18. Saw an outfit (Arbor Vitae) on Sadol.com they have the option of choosing SD17 boy size,
      But don't know how to order ><
      If people interested in give cloths making a try the latest dollybird Vol. 11 have some patterns on a three piece suit for SD17

19. We're getting some fantabulous posts in the Picture Request thread! It looks like SD13 long-legged pants are a fit!!!!

And omg, the 4D SD17 jeans are a dream!!!

20. I think the DOI ones look very promising too!! I got a custom set form SODA in the market place as well. I will try to take some pic of my Reisner in it later on...

[​IMG]
      These are the stuff I order from SODA for my SD16 ( but all the stuff that my SD16 is wearing fit my SD17 too) I know there is nothing special about that but I just though posting this might give you guys another idea of where to get their clothes from.