1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! New Doll Emergency

Jun 10, 2007

1. You guys are the best! :)

I'm gonna go try and pull out the hook, but if anybody has any more suggestions, I'm all ears! <3

2. i took pics of the restringing process to try & help you :)
      my girl was sitting near me and i was like "i have to help out someone in need.. you'll have to do! +_+" and unceremoniously unstrung her lower arm XD

this is what it'll look like unstrung
      [​IMG]

loop the ribbon through the elastic..
      [​IMG]

slip the ribbon through the opening in the lower arm
      [​IMG]

and pull! angle the elastic so that it slips easily into the opening :)
      [​IMG]

pull more so that small loop of elastic shows through the lower arm, and stick a pen or whatever in there to hold it in place
      [​IMG]

and until you can get your girl fixed, that should do for now~ when she is fixed, just slip the s-hook back into loop and pull the pen out!

good as new :aheartbea
      [​IMG]

3. I know your pain hun. When I first got Kat her hands S hooks were just flimsy wire so her hand came off when I was changing her clothing. I freaked out but now I unstring and restring her all the time for body blushing and tattoo's. Just remember she is not glass...resin is fragile but it can take a little abuse. Not that any one should abuse their resin but i'm just saying.

I'm a craft nut so I have all kinds of usefull stringing items about. I use crochet hooks on mine...or I have thos knitting looms and the hokks for those work like a charm cause the bend super easy.

4. What wonderful pictures!! I am sure they will help her at least feel like she has some knowlege and her arm all set for the new hand.

If it were me I would get in touch with dollheart and ask them to contact the company and ask for a NEW hand! this way she will be perfect again. I bet they will help it can take some time but its worth waiting.

5. Wow, you guys, THANK YOU! I just had an hour long bonding session with Megan as she tried to calm me down! She was like "I'm the one with the hand missing, and you're freaking out more than me! XD"

Intermission, THANK YOU for the pictures! That gives me something to go by. :) The problem is, I can't get her lower arm off! I've tried to pull out the hook that broke off her hand, but she's strung so tightly that I can't get it out! :( I don't wanna unstring her whole body, but I can't figure out how to get her arm apart! ><;;

What's the best stringing (or rather, unstringing) tutorial out there (and with pictures)? I was terrified to put her new eyes in, and the thought of restringing her makes me go :o!!!

I LOVE you guys though! Thank you so so much for helping me out! You guys are the best and are making my nightmare-ish situation seem more like just an uncomfortable dream! :)

6. http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82267 I used this tutorial, but I'm not sure if PWs are built the same way :0 it should cover the essentials though, i think.

if you're unable to pull the lower arm off maybe the hook really is stuck in there > < is it stuck on the inside of the arm? try looping ribbon or wire around the hook to pull it out then, that way you don't even have to unstring her arm :)

restringing is quite easier than it looks though, so don't worry!

7. Thanks so much!! :) Actually, Megan's headcap is magnetic, and looking inside her head, I'm not even sure how her head is connected to her body! XD I guess I need to examine a bit more around her body.... :sweat

And yeah, it's stuck down there pretty tight! ><;; I tried to pull it out as hard as I could but it wouldn't budge! But it seems that the most I'd have to unstring is her top torso, right? I'd freak if I had to unstring her entirely! :sweat

8. You may not need to restring anything but the new hand, and the arms elastic is separate from the body elastic so you won't have to restring the head, legs, or body. The arms are usually strung with one loop of elastic that goes from one arm to the other. The hands are attached to that various ways depending on the doll.

If the remaining hand hooks one, the new hand will hook on. Should be reasy once the elastic is in the position shown above, waiting for the new hand.

Carolyn

9. I just contacted DollHeart, and they were so nice about it, but they want me to send her back! First of all, I just bonded with her, so I don't really WANT to send her back :sweat , and second of all, I can't afford it...:( they said they'd compensate by sending me some MSD clothes, and I know that sounds like a great deal, but I don't even have enough in my bank account to send barely her hand back!

I asked if they could just send me a new pair of hands....I really hope this doesn't turn into a huge ordeal...:...(

10. oh god, that's awful ><
      I know how u must be scared of restringing her, I'm scared of doing it to my doll too >< But as some ppl already said, arms are separeted from the body and they have their own elastic, so at least the rest of her won't be touched ^^;;
      I DO really hope you can get that hook out of her ><;;; And good luck on getting another hand for her! ; ; *hugs*
      Cheer up, everything will work out ^^

11. Thanks everyone! Megan says she feels really humbled that everyone cares about our situation so much! I'll wait for DollHeart's reply about her new hand before I freak out anymore! XD;;

12. Don't feak out. ^^ Just be strong...Maybe with this toturous expirience you two will became more united.
      Good luck!!

13. Good luck with this D:! Sounds like a scary experience - I think I'd have died if it had happened to me after just receiving my first doll!

Do you have a crochet hook at all? That might help you to reach in and tug that S-hook free of her arm - they're quite thin, but fairly sturdy. :)

14. Needle nose pliers are also a Godsend when trying to pull elastic/hooks maybe try pulling the hook back out to where the hand is supposed to connect? If you can't pull it maybe have someone stronger try. I know it is hard for me to do it sometimes because I can't pull as hard as my boyfriend can :sweat

15. My boyfriend actually took a huge safety pin, bent it into a tiny hook and he got it in there and hooked it on, but she's strung so tight, even he couldn't get it out! I actually am pulling it through where her hand was....is there an easier way to do it? :o I'll be ecstatic once I can get her lower arm off! XD;;

16. I feel for you ~ I had received a Hound and I was changing his eyes. The elastic wasn't tied tight and zip ..shooch .. plop..plop ...the feet dropped, knees, thighs, butt all in seconds he was on the floor in pieces. AHH! I broke into a sweat and walked away leaving him in pieces on the floor. I had to wait a second and take a deep breath. It all worked out and he like Humpty Dumpty was put back together again. ~ See if Dollheart can send a elastic puller or get a wire and bend the end in a hook, it might help to pull the elastic through or unstick the hook. It will all be good in the end.

17. Aw hun, (hugs) hope Dollheart send you the hands. If they want her back my guess is because they want to check the reason she broke (ie if the resin is a bad batch or something) maybe suggest to them that you can't afford the shipping but can you send them the hand that broke? then they will maybe send you a spare hand in exchange.

Might be worth suggesting so you don't have to send her back.

(hugs Megan too)

18. You probably need something a little strong than a safety pin or something like that... that's why I suggested the needlenose pliers they are usually long and thin and can fit inside the arm. Goodluck with it all I hope you get her all straightened out soon :thumbup

19. Sue: That's exactly what I did! ;) I'm hoping it won't be too big of a deal for them to do that! <3

chibikarin: I mean, it's a huge-ass safety pin. XD;; We got it in there, but she's strung so tight. I don't even know if I'm doing it right. Is there another way I can pull it out? I'm going in through the opening where her hand was. But is there a way I can detach her arm through her elbow?

20. Hook the safety pin through it and then hook something else onto the safety pin to give you something bigger to hang on to? I second the Crochet hook idea, they're great and usually quite long. It does sound like the broken off hook has jammed into the elbow joint which is why you can't shift it. Try moving the arm around a bit to see if you can free it off some?