1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

here come new Lati

Mar 10, 2009

1. Dear all,

Before I make my long awaited order, could someone advise me regarding the hand/feet parts?

I did a search on the forum, and it seems Latis with magnetic hands and those without look different?? How so? Care to share?

Are magnetic hand parts easy to lose? Do the basic yellows this time come with extra hands?

I'm a first time BJD owner, and this Lati will be my very first baby, so I really appreciate your patience and kindness in this matter. *hugs*

2. I dont like magnet hands and feet , the one I have ..the feet came off to easy when I change the shoes
      and I dont like how the wrist looks with the magnet hands

BUT ...I dont mind taking a doll apart to change things ...but I tend not to bother
      this can be very daunting for a new owner , and if you get it wronge the prospect of restringing arms or anyting else can be terrible ..altough Lati do come with instructions

if you think your going to like swapping over the hands and the like but dont want to tackle tieing on
      ..go for the magnet version

if you are at all worried you might loose the hands or feet ..a tiny dollop of white water soluble PVA glue such as Aileens tack glue in the magnet joint ..will hold them firm untill you decide you want them to come off ...add a little walm water to the joint and it will disolve the glue - this is what I do to my Puki and what I have done to my HK Lea untill I get around to replaceing them :D
      my Lati I swap them all to the tie on type

which ever you choose ...Lati are a gorgeous choice ..there is a huge selection of clothes , shoes , wigs , eyes ...your going to enjoy her xx

3. -hugs tinybear-

Thank you so much for the info! You're a life saver!

So if I choose the magnetic version for now, would it be difficult to change to the tie-on type in future, should I wish to?

4. After i ordered my Miel this order i feel crazy with Lati Yellow.:o
      I want 3 dolls or more from them. :? And more i can't chose skin ton of the dolls. I think next wil be Lumi or Byurl. What do you think what skin is better?

5. Update from Lati.

[ 2009-03-31 ] Closing orders for Flower garden set and Gloomy garden set

Hello, this is Lati.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your love to our Flower garden set and Gloomy garden set.
      We will receive our orders for them until April 10th so please finish your order until that time.

Thank you and have a nice day.

6. Aww, that's too long :sweat I can't afford my Coco... ah well... maybe someone will have bought her and not want her when she arrives... maybe there's still hope XD

7. I'm wondering why the Limiteds are so much more expensive than the Basics. I just noticed today that we need to pay separately for the outfits for the Limiteds. The price only comes with makeup and wig. But if you compare the price to the price for a Basic + makeup + wig, there is big difference in price. Anyone knows why is that? Are there some big differences with Limited and Basic Lati dolls?

8. I agree that the price is a lot particularly when you don't even get the outfit. I think this time the difference is that the basic dolls don't come in tan or as elves plus you get a different faceup and wig. Mind you if people complain that the normal Lati wigs stain their dolls I'd be very careful about these brightly coloured wigs!

luv MOP...

9. I'm not at all worried about the wig stains since there are ways around that... I have no trouble with wigs that were staining nightmares when they first arrived, after I lined them with masking tape. :)

The higher prices for the Limiteds are because you're getting a sculpt and/or skin color that is not available in Lati's regular Basic line. So if you're looking from more of a collector's view, or if you simply prefer the elf ears and tan skin color, you'll go for the Limiteds... plus you have the option of the special outfits. There will be fewer made of these dolls and so they will be more desirable to some than a Basic might. The Basics are just as cute and wonderful, but that's generally why you have a price difference. Plenty of people don't see the point and just stick with the Basics and there's nothing wrong with that. All Lati Y's are adorable!

10. Thank you MOP and winternight. I'm starting to get the picture as to why there's that big difference in price between a Basic and a Limited. But I'm still so undecisive as to which Lati I want to buy before 10th April. As all Latis are adorable :aheartbea

11. yes, I think they are more special then the basics. I orderd a byurl, when he first appeared as little cowboy I didn't have the money, and now elf ears, tan version, I am glad I can buy him/her now. I love the normal versions, but these ones are so special

12. I just had a second look at them again and... they are so cute! D:
      But I already just put money down for other things... I loved the tanned skin too... argh.. timing...

13. I think there is something ..just that little bit more with the limmiteds
      I have a basic Lea ...but the Kitty cat Lea I have ..her face-up is just amazing ...so with the limmiteds I think you get just that little bit extra for the money

and of course . elf ears or tanned skin ...:)

Oh Wilkies ..your gonna love Byrul ...I treated myself to the little Elf cowboy ..even though I didnt like the outfit ..he is absolutly stunnin in real ...he is my olny boy I was very tempted with the tan version ..or the tan Cookie ...oh is she cute!
      but was ...well wont say good ...I stuck to my plan ...Lea , and the tiny normal resin Belle .with Lati face-up .it just so happened as soon as I found out the new Belle had elf ears ...OMG ..My trigger finger went wild ..and I have 2 Belle comming home :)

If I could sell those other dolls I have in the marketplace I might have ordered Cookie ...but I am content

14. Oh that's right, tinybear... and I forgot to mention the Limiteds have a different face-up, too.

Cookie has been haunting me, but I'm trying to stick with my original plan as well... and since I already went too far in the original plan direction I am going to pass on Cookie... such a cute one though. Maybe someone here will get her and send a lot of Cookie spam. :)

I wasn't so sure I'd like Gloomy Belle on the sp body, now I'm mad for her and can't wait for her to arrive. It's going to be such a fun day when the Lati from this order period arrive!

15. Actually, the White and Green line Gloomy Gardens aren't too much more than the basic. The White line is cheaper than the basic if you count that you're getting a premium faceup, tan skin and a wig. The Green line is a full set, and if you break down all the componets, you're only paying a slight premium for the tan skin. It's the very popular Yellow line that's extra. It really depends on whether the limited package is what you really like.

16. Oooooo I hope we dont have to wait as long as we did for the Angels
      it was almost 3 months to the day , when my Laches twins were sent !
      But there was Christmas , New Year and their NewYear /Spring festival ..so not so many holidays to hold them up :)

17. Hmm about the hand question form earlier. Hasn't Lati changed now to 's hook' hands, which can be changed easily like the magnet ones but are a bit more sturdier and pose better? Thats what the POAA and vamps were no?

martha xxx

18. My new Lati Lea has magnetic hands and I like them, like Puki they are easier to dress and undress. I don't really take my dolls out, so losing them isn't too much of a worry but she does have a spare set of each

19. tinybear, I'm hoping it won't be as long as last time, too... but if I plan on it being a long wait, then if it comes early I'm happily surprised.... If I expect it early then I drive myself crazy and the minutes feel like hours...lol

The only way I can survive the wait is to plan on the worst!:lol:

I asked for magnetic hands in my December order and received s hook... I'm fine with them and will stick with them from now on. I'm not big on changing the hands all the time and so far the clothes changing hasn't been much of an issue.

20. Yes, the vamps have the s hook hands. I am not sure they pose better, but I sure like them much more. The magnetic hands were often not fitting well enough leaving you with an extended wrist. Every time you tried to remove their socks or shoes....off came the feet and I have had magnets that were rejecting echother rather than attracting, so the hands were catapulted throught the room. Then of course, some of the magnets fell out and you had to glue them back....No magnetic hands and feet for me anymore :)