1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Heterochromia?

Feb 6, 2017

1. ohhh that looks really good! its super natural looking, im kinda going all out with mine to get two super unnatural coloured eyes :')

o
      Ooh thank you! I did try to search but I don't think to much came up ! I'll try again though c:

ooh her eyes are stunning!

#21 bruisedollie, Feb 7, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    2. I have a catboy with heterochromia---one dark blue eye and one golden eye. :)

[​IMG]

3. @Cloudsorano

Yeah, pure stats does tend to lose a lot of nuance and a more personal context. You would definitely know more about that.

4. We have two in our house! The original heterochromia boy for us is my husband's F-09, Roo:
      [​IMG]

(his light eye has been blue or straight white, and is usually partially hidden)
      And as of the last couple of years, my girl Adrienne has two subtly different eyes as well. They actually share a pair between them--in Adrienne it's the lighter eye, and in Roo it's the darker!
      [​IMG]

5. I have yet to get the eyes for, and put together in general, this one character I have planned in particular, but I eventually will have my planned girl with two different eye colors. I'm still deciding on the color scheme though. I might do one brown, one blue, but I'll probably figure out what works best when she comes together.

I like this idea. It makes the dolls' character unique and different, and plays off of real conditions. I'm all for good representations!:kitty2

6. Little Miharu has odd-colored eyes~ As do a couple more dolls in my colleciton that I don't have decent ready to grab pictures for. :P
      [​IMG]

7. Lavinia has eyes like that - they're from Captured in Glass. They're half blue and half purple.

[​IMG]Lavinia by Beth Simmons, on Flickr

She's technically albino, but has some pigment in her eyes.

8. I've always been a fan of heterochromia. Zenith sports it pretty darn well. He has probably the strangest variation I've come across so far, but it fits his character really well.

[​IMG]

9. I sadly don't have a doll yet, but when I do actually get one she will likely end up with two colors of eyes. Or if not her then another doll in the future will. I don't think I would have more than one doll with it though.

10. I've actually got more than a few dolls with heterochromia.

Jaiseki was my first. His eyes are half blue and half green. His twin boys, Vuchel and Vashin both have heterochromia (inherited from Jaiseki). Vuchel's left eye is green and his right eye is blue. Vashin's left eye is blue and his right is green. All three have naturally occurring colouration.
      [​IMG]

Wu-Tyr, God of the Depths, has one silver and one gold eye and that is part of his godhood. Nacree, his Herald, has one white eye and one dark grey eye. His white eye is the result of tangling with a stargazer fish over a sea cucumber he had hunted for Wu-Tyr.

I also have 2 dolls that have 3rd eyes and their 3rd eyes are different from their other eyes. The 3rd eyes are part of their godhood Ammiel, God of Perception, has two dark rose eyes and his 3rd eye is a pale gold cat eye. Saraf, God of Primal Flame and Lord of Metallic Dragons, has two red-brown eyes and a dark golden dragon eye.

11. I would love a doll with heterochromic eyes, but the eyes I want are super expensive and I can't justify buying two pairs to start off with haha

12. Maybe contact the seller and see if they'll custom make you a pair? That's how I got different eyes for my girl initially.

[​IMG]

13. That's a good idea, and ahhhh she's so pretty

14. I myself have partial heterochromia and made MY eyes for one of my dolls. I can't post any pics at the moment but maybe when I have time I will post them.

15. I have... several. Seth has sort of a two-toned theme going on, with the blue/brown eyes and the blond/brown hair.

[​IMG]

(The hair is brown in the back.)

Another of my dolls (sometimes) has one eye with a black sclera, which means it's technically not heterochromia, but it's still two different eyes. This is also not technically heterochromia, but:

[​IMG]

Close enough?

16. my newest doll has this! you just gotta make sure the eyes you buy are pretty similar in general size and that the pupil looks the same, otherwise it just wont look right!

17. I don't have any currently, but I've been contemplating creating dolls based on previous pets since I lost my cat last spring. I haven't started hunting too seriously yet for the sculpts (I'm aiming for more of an anthro style that captures their spirits moreso than looks exactly like them), but since two of my oldest pets had heterochromic eyes, I'll be doing the same for the dolls to represent them. It's good to see how other people are creating theirs!

18. My newest girl has heterochromia! Her eyes are both blue but with a slightly different tone to them; this is naturally occurring among her people, she is a reptilian girl.

[​IMG]

It's so nice to see all these dolls with heterochromia, I think it can really add to the character personality.

19. I like to think I'm fairly neutral on the idea of having a heterochromatic doll. I am much more of a fan of dolls with heterochromia if they feel a bit more natural. I don't mind when others have their dolls with a less natural heterochromia, but I prefer a more natural look.

My MSD girl has heterochromia, but only because I couldn't decide on what colour I wanted her eyes to be, hahaha! I think it suits her well.

[​IMG]

20. I've always thought that heterochromia looks really gorgeous in people and animals, so I was really pleased to find heterochromatic dolls too! I've been considering giving my first doll one blue eye and one green eye, but I think I'll have to decide when I actually have her to experiment with!