1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Heterochromia?

Feb 6, 2017

1. My beasty, Morgan has heterochromia. It's a big part of his story. :)

[​IMG]

2. Omg i love Heterochromia!!

3. Heterochromia can be pretty interesting with dolls and characters!!

4. I really like twin dolls with it. Especially if they are vastly different styles. I have no idea why I like it.

5. I love heterochromia, and I'm planning to get myself twin dolls (a boy and a girl) with heterochromia! ^____^ They're characters from a story I'm working on and their differently coloured eyes are a part of their story as well :)

I also really like the "natural + odd eye" combination, where one of the eyes has a different pupil shape <3

6. Heterochromia is beautiful. I used to have dolls with different eye colours too, but I think I should bring them back now!

7. I never thought to do this! I love this idea. I have so many combos going through my brain now. Maybe one dark blue one dark green Or one yellow and one green on my faun.:dance

8. it either looks super cool and adds a lot of interest to a doll's face....or it looks super corny. usually the former though!

9. i haven't have a heterochromia doll but i will definitely have in the future.

10. Holland, my Bermann has Sectoral Heterochromia where part of his iris is gold and the rest is blue. Unfortunately, he is nekkid and very unfinished, so I have no good pics of him.

11. I have three dolls with heterochromia. One legitimately has the condition -- one green and one grey eye, another has a normal red eye, and a slightly different metallic red eye with black sclera-- the left side of his face is his human side, and the right is his demon side.
      My newest doll has two different eyes because I liked the red eye for him from the previous doll, and I just paired it with the green eye left from the first lol, and it's a nice effect.

12. I've thought about it for my dolls Valli and Winterberry - Winter is Valli's familiar, so I wanted them to have close or matching eyes, and heterochromia seemed like a good way to do it. Sadly, there aren't that many places that stock both 16 and 10mm in the shades and styles I want and money is a little tight, so it looks like they'll just get matchy ones...

Personally, I think natural heterochromia looks best, although one eye natural and one eye starkly unnatural looks really good too!

13. I'm having a super hard time finding companies I like with realistic eyes, in both the deep hazel and brown, so I can make my girl have heterochromia. Anyone reading this with recommendations, let me know!

EDIT: I found someone to make me some eyes! Fingers crossed it comes out as beautifully as I imagine!

#73 DalphiaRose, May 21, 2017
      Last edited: May 22, 2017
    14. I've never thought of this before! These dolls are so pretty, I just might try to add this to one of my characters :love

15. I don't personally have a doll with it but everyones dolls are so beautiful... You're all making me want to start mix and matching eyes!

16. I have two dolls with heterochromia at the moment--- it's not part of their character, but more because I like switching up their eyes and like the way it looks at the moment.

17. I love dolls with heterochromia, I think they look beautiful! Here's my boy with one grayish black eye and one blue eye, though he usually keep his blue eye hidden with his bangs! I have another doll who has a normal eye and a steampunk eye too but he's currently on both normal eyes as I'm trying to find a new steampunk one for him. :) I'll definitely not mind more dolls have different colored eyes in the future if their characters call for it! :D

[​IMG]

18. @Astraea Nevermore I kind of like the "natural + odd eye" combination as well! I'm still trying to decide which "odd eye" to combine with the natural eye for my twin boys. Perhaps when I finally settle on something, I will put up some pictures.

19. I posted earlier that I had a character planned with heterochromia. Well, here she is:
      [​IMG]

Zelle has one blue/hazel eye and one green/blue.:kitty1

20. None of my dolls have heterochromia but I think it can look very beautiful. My Siberian Husky has it and people are always asking about or commenting on his eyes. Maybe I will need to have a doll character with it in the future.