1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Heterochromia?

Feb 6, 2017

1. A good majority of my dolls are heterochromatic. I love the look. Even the new head I just got, both sets of the eyes I ordered for him have mismatched eyes.

2. I usually swap around so my girls have different colour eyes! Only my myou girl have fixed eyes cos she need bigger eyes but the rest share the same size. :)
      [​IMG]

#82 Coco loh, Jul 5, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    3. Your dolls are so beautiful, Coco Ioh! Every time I see a doll with Heterochromia, my hearts skips a beat. I have plans for a girl (probably a Darak Remy) with a grey-green eye and a brown-black eye and white-blond hair. I think that would be beautiful.

4. My AngelPhilia has one red eye and one full pink eye!!

5. Thank you! :)

6. My little Bindhiya has two different colored eyes, multi rainbows actually, I have it as part of her character since she's a half Dark Elf, half Yakshini. I actually like little things like that on dolls, it's cute cause it shows people aren't as obsessed with 'perfection' and realize that little flaws can be beautiful~<3

7. I love heterochromia, it's honestly a character trait I love seeing (my bestie likes teasing me whenever I squeal over her deciding on it for a character design) and it can look really beautiful or really striking. But I've never thought about applying it to my dolls.. Hm. Some food for thought.

8. I plan on buying Mei from resinsoul and giving her full heterochromia. As an elf, I feel it would suit her. Also It fits in with her character story which is far from complete as I dont even have her yet so....

9. I would probably do it to my kitty bjd once she arrives! I have a friend with partial heterochromia and it's so pretty <3

10. I used to have one! I don't really have pictures of her up close because I really struggled with her faceup :sweat but here she is (In the middle)!
      I kept the eyes a really long time in case I ever wanted to get her back :)

[​IMG]
      Sans titre
      by draw-my-heart-on, sur Flickr

11. As I'm pretty new to the Bjd scene, I didn't realise so many people did this with their dolls. I thought to myself that when I get my first doll I could give her different coloured eyes, but didn't know if it would look good as I'd never seen pictures of it. Now I know that it looks awesome and something I definitely will do when the time comes...

12. sure, why not? :D

13. We also have a thread for heterochromia in the Photo Reference forum:
      https://denofangels.com/threads/your-doll-with-two-different-colored-eyes-heterochromia.139439/

Please, those of you with photos, also post them there. A number of posts have lost their photos due to the Photobucket debacle. We haven't removed any posts with the PB coercion graphic yet, in hopes that people will still update their links. (Basically, Photobucket will no longer let you link your photos to any third-party sites unless you sign up for a $399/yr. paid account!) But there are still a good number of lovely pix, and requests for specific combinations of eye color.

I also found another thread there which is more concerned with partial heterochromia and companies that would make suitable eyes for that:
      https://denofangels.com/threads/req...rochromatic-coloring-in-one-each-iris.704121/

14. I am planning a pair of heterochromatic twins, so you bet I love heterochromia on dolls! They just give off really cool supernatural vibes...not that I am planning supernatural characters though.

15. Their sister is just brown-everything, but my boys Koji and Yohji share heterochromia (and how better to not waste half of two sets of eyes!)
      [​IMG]

16. I think heterechromia is cool, and wanted my girls to have some too. But so far, the eyes I have gotten have been disappointing in being a match (looks better on screen). So I have hesitated doing that.

17. There's a bit of trial-and-error. Sometimes it's not enough that the irises are the same size. They have to have similar design quality (like some glass eyes have a flat look, while others may have more depth. Or one pair may have an iris-rim line, the other may not, and it will throw the whole thing off.

It's helps if you're an eye-aholic and can try out multiple pairs. They don't have to be expensive eyes, either. The red on my boys is a cheap generic set of eyes I got off the marketplace; the beige are more expensive glass eyes by ginarolo.

I haven't tried resin eyes (realistic-looking ones) for this. I imagine an interesting set of "pattern" odd-eyes could be found. Or a resin eye maker make the het-set for you, to ensure compatibility between the two.

18. Hahaha I am an eyeholic, and I have only really just started! I mean, I liked most of the eyes I bought (except for two pairs - they looked th absolute worst!) so I am happy to use them as matching pairs. But they don't give off the look I wanted for the hetercrhomia effect. I will just keep buying eyes till I find my happy spot

19. I'm considering giving one of my dolls two different eye colours in the future, it's an interesting look.

20. My fourth doll, a half-closed eyes DiM Larina who is one the way, will have two different eye colors! However, this is because she has vitiligo which has affected her vision and the coloration of one of her eyes. She wasn't born with it.