1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Heterochromia?

Feb 6, 2017

1. I have plans for heterochromatic cat girl twins. they will have one blue and one purple eye, and will be mirrors of each other. Gonna be sooooooo cute when I'm done with them, but they are a long way off.

2. I love all types of heterochromia, particularly complete heterochromia (both eyes are completely different colors, as opposed to just a single iris or partially-colored iris), but only own two BJD with it (I have a lot of OT dolls that have it, to various degrees). Neither of the two BJD I have are human however, so it's not genetic or accidental. They are clones of death (created by death himself), so their original color of eyes is meant to be metallic silver, but due to their nature each mutated a different colored single eye. The one with the red eye is always partially angry despite death never experiencing any actual feelings, but his demeanor is always neutral, so his eye slowly turned red to compensate for him never releasing his anger outwardly. The clones are many eons old, so it took a long time to get to the deep red it is meant to be. The other one is meant to have a gold eye and a silver eye (which I need to get in the right size, so he's wearing blue ones for now), because he ate one of the clones who represented the gold element (all the clones are based on metals).... it's a long story, so I'll just leave a photo of the two of them I have. DX

[​IMG]

3. I have always thought heterochromia was beautiful. I have a couple characters with this trait and I plan for at least one of my dolls to have complete heterochromia with a blue and gold eye.

4. I love heterochromia. My first doll (in my possession) has heterochromia, not necessarily by choice, but because she came like that. Gotta say, I have zero intentions of ever changing it haha

5. One of my dolls has heterochromia, as it pertains to his character/background. I love the look of it, so I may have a future doll with this as well.

6. I'd like to have a doll with heterochromia someday. I think it looks interesting.

7. My first doll, and now his companion instead, had heterochromatic eyes! I decided to go with it after trying a set of eyes that were swirled two colors. I really enjoyed it but those eyes were too dark and since I couldn't pick between the colors in the end, I went with one of each.

[​IMG]In The Bushes by HeavensChaos, on Flickr
      Here's Set before he switched eyes with Iah, my other puki who now has the heterochromia instead. (Though now...thinking about it... I'm somewhat tempted to mix both sets of eyes and see how it comes out.... hmmmm)

8. I love heterochromia! both two completely different colours and simply two distinctly different shades of the same colour. Slightly related I suppose? I've also been looking for hazel eyes and such that have a mixture or gradient in the eye since I love that just about as much as odd eyes.

9. I have one with heterochomic eyes! It's not due to any condition, but because he's a demon doctor taking on a human form, so one of his eyes is more human and the other has a black sclera and a different colour :)

10. My incoming boy will have sectoral heterochromia ^-^

11. I'm following this! I am getting a pair of heterochromia eyes custom made, probably next week that is (they are in the mail now). I don't yet know who will be getting them (my wigs and eyes always end up going around for a while before settling), but I hope they will fit a doll I am planning to order when she is released.

12. None of my dolls have heterochromia but I do find it to be cute. Maybe a doll in my near future will have it.

13. I have 3 dolls with the hetero-chromatic trait. Two of which are identical twin sisters. I changed the sisters hetero-chromatic eye colors a little while back, because the colors they have now seem to work better with them in general.
      My third is particularly special. A cat girl with beast eyes, one gold, one blue. Its so very interesting to look at her...

14. I recently made a pair of heterochromatic eyes for my Elfdoll Rita. She has one blue eye and one brown one with a small section of blue in it. She's my oldest doll (I've had her for 7 years now) and she had plain blue eyes for most of that time, but I've been thinking about giving her heterochromia for a long time. Just took me actually learning how to make eyes to get around to doing it!

15. I had to read the replys to find out what this meant. Very interesting. Now that I know i love it too.

16. It's so interesting reading through this thread and seeing the folks who have full or partial heterochromia irl and their take on it! I also have full heterochromia irl but the color difference is so small it's hard to tell unless you're very close and looking at me full on in the face haha!

Given that, I'm definitely reluctant to give any dolls or characters the trait. However I'd love to make or commission a custom pair of eyes with partial in one eye, I think that'd be the perfect amount of subtle for my tastes :XD:

However, dolls w/ different colored eyes due to magic and what not....keep 'em coming :love I love to see the fantastical combinations folks come up with, and I love reading about the reasons behind the "special" eye!

17. I don't have one with heterochromia, but I was considering getting one with it. No fancy backstory other than it most likely being a cat or some other animal tho. lol I do like the look and more crazy eye color combos just help make an outstanding doll stand out more.

18. I dont really have a heterochromia doll rn but I think it is a beautiful idea and I might try it :D