1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, Would you choose emotion dolls than normal?

Apr 5, 2018

1. I love dolls with lots of expression! Especially dolls with open mouths and teeth. I personally kind neutral dolls or stone faced dolls boring unless I can fit teeth mods in their mouths XD. I prefer happy expressions though, I could never own a sad doll because I will feel bad for them then I would be sad!

2. ya,emotion doll are cute thu

3. It depends what emotion the doll is showing.

4. I have both. But if I had to choose only one type, I'd go with the emotional face. I just find those dolls to be more interesting, realistic, relatable, quirky...
      And I don't think they are all that limiting. I have Ringdoll Mona, for example, and I've shown her as sad, frightened, embattled, and peeling onions! But if a doll's expression is too bland it's difficult to put them into any convincing scenario.
      If I had to choose between anthros and humans, well, I've gone back and forth with my enthusiasms but, right now, I'm having much more fun with my anthros. Plus, they take up so much less space!

5. I'd like them more if it was an option, like a swappable faceplate or an extra head. While most dolls tend to have neutral expressions, I feel this gives more range, in a way. different angles and lighting can change the mood and change the emotion projected through the photograph. Dolls with expressions are definitely cute, but not to my overall, long term taste.

6. Right now I am looking for two dolls that have emotions for a couple of OCs I want to make into dolls. The characters themselves have a lot of emotion so it would seem like a disservice to the character to get a stoic looking doll! Though I do realize that it might limit the potential if I wanted to do certain photos ^^ Buuuttt I'm willing to take the risk if I look at the doll and go "Oh yeah, that's my OC" Lol

7. I love dolls who show emotion. My favorite doll is my Elfdoll Tulie, who can look angry or sad depending on the photo, and often looks rather haughty. My Soom girls (Cuprit, Beryl, and Onyx) also have very distinct emotional expressions. Onyx looks annoyed, Beryl looks like she is daydreaming, and Cuprit looks a little mischievous!

8. I have to have a slightly (or more) positive expression. So the Lishe/ El/ Dai of subtle smiles catch me, as did Pongpong -- but even Pongpong can look laughing or OMG or singing or just excited-three-year-old-screaming.
      Babel is another subtle one, but I'm probably going to have to tweak the eyes to be a bit more smiley and less sad.
      I need faces that have detail and subtlety built in-- letting the expression seem to shift with camera angles and lighting.
      But I can't do a sad doll. Nope.

9. I tend to prefer neutral sculpts so I can photograph them in a range of situations. Slightly showing an expression is good too, like y Iplehouse Erica has this small smirk on her face, and it fits her character so well. I don't have any with extreme emotions (crying, huge toothy smile, frown) as they're just too limiting for me, but I do love seeing what other people do with theirs. I think maybe the extreme expressions are more interesting dolls overall, they just don't fit my needs.

As for animal, anthro or fantasy dolls, I have a few, but I prefer human or human dolls with optional parts. My main storyline features human characters, or at least creatures who can pass as human--for example, Indrid is a Mothman who normally looks mostly human other than his "makeup and tattoos" (which are really his moth spots. XD), but he can shift into Mothman form with his wings and antennae. I do have an anthro and a couple of off topic cryptid tinies, and I adore them, even if they aren't my main characters.

10. Without talking about emotions, I like original faces. I think for exemple that Dust of Dolls and Lillycat make very special dolls, unique and recognizable. I'm also not affraid about strange colors of skin: I got a purple, a mint and a grey (and only one white skin, another tan). Two of them are animals (a mouse and a rabbit). Some got a big smile, another look surprised... I guess this is just about feelings. But I won't enjoy very neutral dolls.

11. I LOVE realistic-looking doolls! Like Iplehouse, RingDoll, 5th Motif etc. that been said, i really like looking at dolls with exaggerated expressions on their faces, i think it gives them personality and originality, you don't see that often, there is this doll from RingDoll, i can't remember his name, but he has such an exaggerated smirk, I LOOOOOOVEEEE IT! if i had the money i would definetly get him :) Also, I'm not a fan of sleeping or crying dolls, and although i know they look creepy, i think smiling/laughing dolls are super cute! <3 <3 <3

12. Personally I really like elves type dolls, like fantasy ones. I also like them to show a realistic emotion.

13. I like dolls showing emotion, but even more: I love dolls with dreaming faces (eyes half closed). Open eyes often give em that deadpan look, where-as - to me at least - dreaming eyes look a little more life-like and contemplative.

14. Totally depends on the emotion or expression. I think it's rather difficult to sculpt an expression without it looking a bit off. I have Dollits Oscar which I think is magical, I also love his Miso. I also like Bimong's N61 M head.

15. I like dolls with little to no expression really. Some exert too much emotion for my liking and can be hard to do much with. But if you did a face-up that was expressing emotion and not a sculpt that would be perfectly okay, because you can change it later.