1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Holding other peoples dolls

Jul 15, 2011

1. even though i never see another BJD except mine i will be super nervous when i'm touching someone else doll's , even though now i has a doll of my own i still feel that nervousness when going to dollmeet (soon enough ...) and touch others dolls

2. I was so nervous the first time I held a BJD and I still find some of the bigger dolls or dolls with custom faceups a little intimidating! Luckily the majority of the BJDs I meet belong to a really good friend so that makes me a lot less nervous!

3. Nope, not at all.

Teddy

4. Have you ever felt nervous or feel uncomfortable holding other owner's dolls

Yes , when i was just new to this hobby and go to meets i was nervous to touch them
      but now not anymore . but it are other people dolls so like your own doll but you got to be
      careful . Now i can touch some dolls most of my friends dolls

5. At the first meet I went to, I was very nervous about handling anyone else's doll. I felt a little differently after I saw how they handled them, though. I realized most of them were far rougher with their dolls than I was with mine; however, I was still careful. I do not feel very nervous about holding other people's dolls now. I am careful, but I do not worry about it. I think I am more used to the way BJDs move and how much they weigh. Before, I really did not know what to expect in weight and movement of a doll based on looking at it, so I didn't know what I was picking up.

6. I've never held another owner's doll... I supposed if I did I would be nervous and very careful. Definitely more so than I'd be with my own, more out of respect than anything.

7. I never feel nervous handling other's doll, because I know I am careful enough. It is just, I understand if others feel nervous while their doll is handled by me, because I feel the same also. Thus I only let my doll being handled by those I know will be very careful just like me :)

8. I've only ever handled one person's doll. My girlfriend's best friend has/had a feeple female, and she let me hold her, test her joints and see how she posed.

I wouldn't be nervous holding someone's doll, but I'd just be extremely careful since I want people to be careful with mine.

9. I've never had the chance to hold another person's doll, yet, but I think that I'd only be comfortable holding a doll that came from the same company as one of my dolls. I would be glad to hold onto someone's DM Kid, because I know how they work and how they pose. I'd be a little hesitant to hold someone's BBB if they don't have things in place to keep them from getting floppy. My BBB is still floppy because I don't have proper elastic inside yet, so he'll fall at the drop of a hat.

Other than that, I'd be too worried I'd do something that could cause someone's doll to lose a finger, or get stained, or break into a million pieces and make me indebted to them for it.

10. I think it's like a baby. You would never want to drop or hurt any baby, let alone anyone else's baby because of the fact that it is someone else's. The same thing goes for a doll. If you drop your own doll, then you can be mad at yourself, but if you drop someone else's, then that other person is going to be angry at you and maybe make you pay for it if it's damaged. The consequences are worse, so I get really nervous. But after a while, the nervousness goes away because I get used to it. I also think that if it was the same company as dolls I own, I would feel more comfortable since I understand how they work.

11. I only get nervous when it's not a friend's doll. With my friends, we pass dolls around like it's a game of hot potato (okay, maybe not that extreme, but you know what I mean) But if it's a stranger's doll, even an aquaintence's doll, I feel like OH GOD I'M GOING TO DROP IT, especially if it's been heavily customized or has an expensive\elaborate outfit.

12. I'm usually not nervous about holding oher people's dolls, but it depends on the doll and the person. I will hold my sister or bff's dolls as I hold my own and am totally comfortable with them. The most nervous I've been was when I held a Volks Le at a meet that was probably worth half of my dolls combined...THAT was scary, but I did it and was very delicate and careful and all was fine! I think the main reason I get nervous is because if I accidentally damage a doll, especially one that is LE or discontinued, I would not be able to get a new one for the person. Also, while I enjoy playing with my dolls, others may think of a minor smudge as very serious and I'd hate to upset them.

13. I've never damaged any of my dolls, nor anyone elses, but I'm always always nervous to hold other peoples dolls. I guess it's just how I am, soft spoken, and polite [most of them time. ;D] But yeah always nervous to hold other dolls, almost afraid to touch them. xD

14. I would be nervous because I wouldn't want to break or damage it by accident. If the owner wanted me to hold their doll, I would expect them to disclose if the doll frequently loses parts. For example, my Dollshe Saint has a face plate, which sometimes just flies off. I wouldn't let anyone hold him without letting them know that, and would suggest sitting down first to minimize the drop distance XD

15. I've never touched another person's doll since I've yet to attend any doll meets or events, but I would be very nervous and extra careful when handling it. On second thoughts I would rarely do that, seeing that I'm probably too afraid to do so. I'm only used to MSD-sized ones and I am rather intimidated by the prospect of handling a SD-sized ones.

16. I still am a bit edgy depending on the person and the person's doll, but at the first doll meet I ever attended, I found out that Fairyland hands are magnetic. I was holding someone's MNF and all of a sudden his hand flew off and bounced across the room! I about died! I was so embarrassed that I almost started to cry and my brain flew into overdrive mode trying to figure out how I'd pay for the damaged hand when someone came up with the hand and stuck it back on.

Since then I've learned a great deal about how each is constructed and I'm usually sitting if I'm holding someone else's doll. That way, if something catastrophic happens, there's less of a fall distance plus my legs in the way to catch someone if they decide to swan dive!

17. Yes, the first time i ever held someone's doll i was terrified! She offered to let me hold him, and he was a big 70cm fellow. After a few minutes i calmed down though, and now i'm fine.

18. Yes I get really nervous whenever I held my friends bjd, he looks so delicate and tiny so I only grab him when I'm sitting so he won't be to far from the floor if the worst happen.
      One time my friend drop a Migidoll head when she was looking at it. THE HYSTERIA

19. yes definately!
      at my first meet up there was this super nice girl that let me and my friend play with her dolls (she kept telling us that it was ok to pose them do whatever) but we were very nervous and treated them like glass for the most part because we were scared of damaging them
      I tried to make her boy sit up but he fell backwards and his wig fell off, I freaked out thinking I hurt him but the owner was very nice and said everything was fine and let us keep playing with her dolls, she even let us walk around with one of her dolls for a bit (maybe she wasn't too nervous because we were convention staff?)
      and that same day when I was working registration a girl left her Unoa with me for a bit too

20. I would definately be nervous. I would hate to drop it :( and mess it up. I would feel so bad.