1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~*~Holidays 2017~*~

Nov 26, 2017

1. It's a shame that in our country we do not usually celebrate christmas that way. So i guess this year i will skip the celebration.

2. I went to a craft store and found a strand of 12 knit stockings. I already had some 'Christmas colored' jingle bells left over from an old art project and decided to put my doll's names and a bell on each stocking. I also have some LED Christmas lights; working on getting a small scale tree at the moment...

I try to dress them according to season/the overall weather outside, but that can be difficult sometimes because I seem to be kind of lacking in certain items (pants and stockings being two of them)... Definitely had a few nice fall outfits going for a while, and working on making some winter vests for everyone now :)

#22 casheye, Nov 26, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
    3. I just made Lee some flannel pyjamas and slippers for Christmas. I'm insanely proud of them because they actually fit and look passable. It's the first time I've seen something that fits and doesn't have loose threads hanging everywhere!

Little Iago (30cm) has a jacket and scarf, as well as jeans. He'd been in shorts and t-shirt but my mum kept saying he looked cold. XD Teo has a Christmas hat.

4. I definitely swap out tshirts for sweaters when it gets cold, and I'm on a recent kick of sock sweaters, so there's lots of fun holiday themed stuff now too.

I just need to find the time to get some cute Christmas stuff and then I'll be set.

5. I love changing my dolls clothes to go with the Seaons! Recently i started making earmuffs, scarves and a sweaters for my dolls, and i’m slowly transitioning them into warm cozy outfits. Theyre also getting coats soon so they are definitely going have complete winter looks this year.

6. For a couple of years now, I’ve been meaning to sew up or buy proper winter clothes for everyone who doesn’t already have them. I’ve never gotten everyone in correct seasonal clothing before, and I’m afraid it won’t happen this year, either - but I’m still trying!

7. Yes! I think it's so much fun to dress them up in accordance to the corresponding season! For colder seasons in particular, they generally wear stockings, jumpers, coats and fluffy hats. As for hotter seasons, they wear more toned down outfits like t-shirts and shorts. I don't have any festive outfits at the moment, but I'd love to have them (especially for Christmas since it's approaching). :XD::apresent:

#27 littlej, Nov 26, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    8. It sounds super fun and it's what's I'm trying to do now! I can't sew so I'm trying to locate reasonable clothes. If anyone has any recommendations for stores or sellers, please link!

9. I really love the idea of dressing my dollies up for the season. I'm a huge fan of winter clothes and I never get to wear them, so I'd love spoil my girl with the stuff I want to wear but can't because it only drops below 60°F four days a year..... I'm also generally inspired to sew based on the weather around me, so that also plays a part in dressing them for the season. So far none of them have any holiday themed clothing, but that's probably going to change this year :3

10. Like a lot of people here, I change my dolls in warmer clothing around the end of October. I live in southern California, where the weather is mild all year, so my dolls don't need snow clothes. I usually change them from tee shirts to warm pullovers. I also have coats for some of my dolls, and I will have them wear coats when the weather gets colder.

If a doll is wearing just a tee shirt when it's cold outside, it makes me feel cold to look at them. lol

11. Christmas took most of it's decorations from Solstice celebrations - the evergreens & tree, the lights, even Santa! Certainly the birth of the son/Sun thing :d So feel free! I'm a witch myself.

Almost all cultures have SOME kind of solstice celebration - cause it actually happens (can be seen/measured). Northern climes are more likely to have a big holiday then (sun coming back, end of winter foreshadowed, etc etc).

Anyway, there are tons of cute doll-sized stuff that comes out this time of year! Little ornaments of all sorts of useful things (I got mini-game controllers one year, mini-Tupperware for the kitchen etc!) I keep a sharp eye out for all of it!

12. Oops, seems a couple of threads merged into mine :frownyblush:

Really admire you guys having a cold winter Xmas, where in Australia, we are currently in summer... :doh I want to have a snowy Xmas too :doh

13. I plan on making my girl a Christmas dress (or at least a skirt if I get lazy) but for now she just has a bunch of presents and a gingerbread house from the dollar store.

14. Awesome idea - I will have to look for these next time I'm in Daiso!

15. I found Hyacinth a really stupid looking winter hat at Michaels today and am working on crocheting her a green sweater for the holidays. I'll need to see what else I can do once I finally get home after exams! Maybe I can set up one of the mini christmas trees we had for our American Girl dolls growing up in my bedroom this year... and my other girl needs a christmas themed yarn wig, she looks so good with crazy colored hair. ^.^

[​IMG]

16. :Dthe fridge magnets are so cute.

17. Since the holidays are soon upon us, I was wondering if you and your special dolly friends were doing anything special?
      I personally am going to put my dolls in sweaters and take plenty pictures!

18. I planned to get some more today, but Melb had a big storm today... I might need to wait for next weekend to grab more...

19. I usually do! Dhani is Jewish, so we usually light a mini Menorah for him and watch 8 Crazy Nights (it's a ridiculous movie, but I love it). Then for Christmas, my sister and I usually each take a doll to our parents' house for photos with my mom's decorations. We also usually have our own "dolly xmas", where we exchange gifts from each others' dolls.

20. I have no idea what I’m going to do with my doll, she’s Wiccan, so we’ll celebrate the Solstice and Christmas together...just not sure how yet. :XD: Definitely tons of pictures though! :starcookie:treecookie:bellcookie And cookies xD