1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Homes for Tinies discussion part 4

Mar 7, 2016

1. Thanks for all the kind works @glory78 , @Magpie Dreaming , and @madera ! I've had a lot of fun putting together her spell house and will snap some more pictures soon. I can take some from further back to show the whole thing if you like?

2. A little more progress on my house. The lower level got a cooking fireplace and the second level got some wood stairs. The leaf swing broke so it's white for now

[​IMG]

3. @lookame , Wow! it's coming along so nicely! I love the details you're adding.

4. Yes! Id love to see a photo from a different perspective!

@lookame ..what a great creation! I had to go scrolling back to look for more..I love the mosaic floor and the leaf swing too...I can't wait to see more. What tiny/ies will this be home for?

#24 Magpie Dreaming, Mar 22, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2016
    5. @magpiedreaming I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to answer, I was going to take a picture of the crew in their house but I'm just to busy right now. I have 2 realpuki's, a Lati white haru and a dreamhigh studio qbaby which they'll all be "living" in the is house. The very top floor is a little short so Im going to make that a little book nook, second floor will be the bedroom and the very bottom floor will be the kitchen type area. It's taking a long time to finish...

6. Hey if you don't mind me asking is that made from paper clay? Got my own tiny that I am wanting to make a house for when she gets home and I really like how that was done!

7. Totally understand! Life always gets in the way of dollie house making..an artwork in progress is worth waiting for, I'll look forward to seeing more as you get to it..we wait so long for our tinies to come to us we've learnt to be patient

8. The lower level (the trunk) is made from a paper mache hat box with celluclay (fastmache also works)on the inside and a mix of ladoll clay and another paperclay for the roots/trunk. The hat (second and third levels) are a mesh wire base that you can find in the clay area of michaels or jo anns. Then built up with celluclay and the outside is covered with a layer of paperclay to make the outside smooth. The windows were purchased at hobby lobby, the window openings have to be cut before any clay is laid or else you run into issues.

9. I will def be writing notes for this :D the doll I am looking at making a home for is about 7 inches so I think making a tree trunk house should be doable for her :XD: I been reading all the threads for this and I have gotten so many ideas that I think my wallet is on strike :doh

10. Project is really slow going, first attempt at spray painting did not go well as the paint peeled off with the masking tape, wasting hours of work. I have since learned the importance of primer. -_-

Anyways, managed to finish painting one piece of the house, it's missing the golden accents, but I'm leaving that until I'm done spraying the rest of the house. The colour is a touch dark, but I'm still really pleased with how it turned out, it's not easy getting the right shade in a can.

[​IMG]

11. Well, my little girl came in and I spent the day working on a three story 'house'. The first part of wall decorationing was done on top x_x

[​IMG]

Yes that is ALL stamps... hand glued... *Dies* I got level 1 and 2 to put walls on next plus it needs a roof..

12. This is going to fabulous when you get it finished!! I have a little Nabiyette who is going to be a flower fairy and live in some sort of flower house...I hope lol I love the sound of what you've done already and will look forward to seeing finished photos.

This is amazing!!

#32 lyna55, Apr 14, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
    13. love the colors you chose @Humbug and you painting looks so nice and crisp!

what a cute way to decorate @Miss Heny. makes me wish i hadn't got rid of my pile of stamps when i realized my son was never going to be into stamp collecting.

14. Thank you! Masking is really tedious work, but I love the results. :)

15. Thanks auntbear! I recommend having a lot of time on your hand to do it XD I got a project thread I need to link here, but gotta take a "whole" shot of all the pieces together.

16. My mom bought me a new dollhouse. I don't have decent pics yet but I'm excited. We got it at the thrift store for FOUR DOLLARS and it's AWESOME.

#36 Arashi Uchiha, Jul 2, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    17. So I have just bought a Victorian Alison Jr dollhouse from Hobby Lobby. I am going to use it for my Dollzone Mini Hal BBDoll. (she will be tall in it) But I am excited to get working on it.. I just spent over an hour counting and checking off all the parts... All are accounted for. lol

18. Looking forward to seeing your dollhouse...

I am now buying items for a room box that I am doing, once I have everything I will begin working on it....
      Boy does it add up fast....

19. bumping this up so i can find it more easily ;) i got a cool wire shelf on sale that has a tin roof with a dormer style front. i 'm just collecting the stuff i need to turn it into a dollhouse.

20. My Realpuki Pippin found a wonderful little cottage deep in the woods. He thinks it will be the perfect place to live, and there is room for all his friends! More pictures in my Flickr.

[​IMG]Pippin's house by Rosanne, on Flickr