1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Homes for Tinies discussion part 4

Mar 7, 2016

1. what a great style. is that a calico cottage?

2. It's a vintage Sylvanian Families Families Meadowcroft Cottage

3. Miss Heny I love the stamp wallpaper!
      I'm feeling inspired to finish the small cottage I've been making for my Real Puki. I haven't decided how I'm going to finish the walls yet.

4. Lookame: Thanks for explaining what materials you used to make your fairy cottage! I love :aheartbea the glass mosaic floors, but I wondered what material could be strong enough to support the weight while remaining so thin.
      Now I know (…and knowing is half the battle)!:thumbup

Miss Heny: I also love your stamp wallpaper! I remember, in the Mary Norton book series The Borrowers, Arrietty Clock's family used stamps on the wall for art, like a "Bean" (human) might hang a portrait. I have been thinking of using Japanese candy & gum wrappers as colorful posters in a teenager's room, but your idea totally blows mine away.
      What dedication – so much licking! :abow:

sweetiemom:
      YES! Sylvanian and Calico and their imitators are the perfect scale for PukiPukis, RealPukis, Lati's, etc. I think they're 1:16 or 1:18 scale, while most dollhouses are 1:12 and Barbie/Momoko is 1:6. I have a Sylvanian travel home (literally with a handle in the roof) that I use to take my tinies to meets. It has two pull-out drawers to store furniture during travel, but they also work for transporting a tiny (wrapped in a hanky) safely.

5. My current project, I fell in love with dollhouse vardos and immediately wanted to build one of my own. Here's a pic of the completed exterior, the interior is not done yet.

[​IMG]

6. That is awesome. Did you use a kit or is that from imagination and talent?

7. The latter, I built it from scratch. XD

8. How about living in a lighthouse? This one even has a working light that projects patterns on the ceiling in a dark room. There's plenty of room inside for the wee ones to live-

[​IMG]Lighthouse front by Rosanne, on Flickr

9. [​IMG]My dollzone bbdoll hal and her house in the making. Here is my Dollzone bbdoll Hal in her house. Its still in the construction process.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2871/32926795070_97ec900f76_c.jpg

My dollzone bbdoll hal and her house in the making. It is a RealGoodToys dollhouse called the Alison Jr. Dollhouse Kit.. It is made for 1/12 scale. I have widened the doorways and made them a bit taller and raised a couple of the windows to make her seem more in scale. A 1/12 scale house will work but she would just fit through the doors and that would have bothered me. This means that I won't be able to use the doors that came with the kit and I will have to make my own to fit but there are websites and even youtube channels that help you through that process. I love everyones doll houses.

#49 Reslie, Mar 7, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
    10. I like the enlarged windows and door.

11. Thank you. The first floor windows and second story windows are all moved up almost 3/4 of an inch. It just makes her not look like she is 6 foot tall ;)

12. Humbug, that is awesome! And Reslie, I love how you're making your dollhouse work for your doll's size. So many creative people in this thread. :)

13. I'm working on a 3 story for my 1/12 scale dolls. I have 6 to 7 rooms. I'm thinking of making it into some type of boarding house. I bought it second hand. It was a little girl's house.

14. I LOVE this thread! So much creativity! I adore dollhousing and miniatures. I think I'd be into it even if I didn't have BJDs. Having these cute dolls just makes it so much more fun.
      [​IMG]
      This is one of my current dollhousing projects- I am making a front room/livingroom and kitchen of a small Oahu Hawaii beach house, for my Pukifee Multihead, Jules Kimura. He's one of my only dolls who isn't a fantasy character, he's just an ordinary guy living on the North Shore, so I want to make his house as realistic as possible. (He hopes I'll get him a dog, too)
      Edit: forgot to say what I am doing! It's extra thick foamcore board, which I find easier to handle than wood, and then I've used scrapbook paper for the walls and faux tile. A nice upholstery velvety stuff makes a perfectly in scale carpet for the living room section, and I am adapting some really cool ReMent for furnishings! I want to also make a bedroom and bathroom later. Jules is Japanese American and loves the aesthetic of that part of his heritage. It reminds him of visiting his grandparents in their old house, his love for his family, and his happy childhood, so a lot of his house is going to be decorated with Japanese style elements.

#54 Rosslyn, Mar 10, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    15. i agree rosslyn. i've loved dollhouses and miniatures for years, but had no room or excuse to make one. now i am (eventually) planning at least small ones for each size doll!

16. Rosslyn I love your Hawaii house so far!

17. They are SO irresistible! I especially love how ReMent and similar things fit the tinier dolls so well, but I also really enjoy making my own teeny props.

Thank you! The "tile" scrapbook paper made me so happy, it was a real find. Now I've actually got his kitchen furnishings and I need to take more pics.

18. What a cute home!! Great finds!!! Love it!

19. Thank you!
      I got a pic of the kitchen furnishings today.
      [​IMG]
      All I need now is to find or make a good refrigerator. I got these online and they started out with red tops so I've painted them white but it took a LOT of coats of paint.

20. Hey Rosslyn, I recently watched this tutorial for making a fridge:
      I think 1 Inch Minis has one, too.