1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Homes for Tinies discussion part 4

Mar 7, 2016

1. i've been busy with family stuff and neglecting my dolls for the longest time, but i'm hoping to get back into them this fall and am starting it off by building a gypsy caravan from a birdhouse, for my realpukis
      here's what it looked like when i started,
      [​IMG]i thought you said you were cleaning? by onebluestocking, on Flickr
      and here's what it looks like so far
      https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1850/29621668877_7a0ec4a508.jpgtop color by onebluestocking, on Flickr
      i actually started a project journal, 'cause it's going to take quite a while to get to what i envisioned. (especially if i keep changing my mind all the time!) but it's a really fun project, 'cause i can totally avoid trying to make everything coordinated. the more patterns and colors the better it will work! :)

a progress picture since i have got quite a bit done
      https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1900/42980499280_1ee831f891.jpgputting on the wheels by onebluestocking, on Flickr

#101 auntbear, Sep 10, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
    2. Wow Auntbear, your caravan is fabulous. I love all the pattern and color you've used.

I just drug out my Realpuki house out of the attic. It's time for a redo. I am also hoping I will be inspired to spend more doll time with them this autumn.

3. thank you desertmountainbear, :) it's actually coming out better than i had hoped when i first saw that birdhouse. i'm really glad i took a chance on it.

i do hope you will post here as you redo or maybe start a project journal? i love your work and would like to watch you in progress. i have hardly spent any time with my dolls at all for almost two years now. my great craft room clean out is at least inspiring me to finish up some of the props that have be lying around.

4. I love seeing all these adorable houses, and repurposed houses from other doll sets. I own some Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families (They are the same company, but the CC name is for distribution in the US while SF is Japan and the rest of the world) dolls and accessories, but I was holding off on their doll houses. My tinies are too large for that scale, but it's tempting me once again to get a pukipuki.

5. PearlZenith: Ah, thank you for the correction on the CC Vs. SF debate! So that means that the parent company (of both) only made a portable case/house for the American market? Why wouldn't EVERYBODY want one?

P.S.: I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it in this thread yet, But SF must have teamed up with ReMent a few years ago because I saw these ADORABLE 1:24 (half-size) scale SF sets! Of course, being ReMent, you can't get the full set without buying several boxes, but I think it's totally worth it for your dolls to have their own dollhouse to plat with! :D

6. I don't know why they only made a portable case for CC. It's strange. All the recent doll and accessory releases seem to be worldwide, even if the dates are staggered.

RE: P.S. - My friend has been collecting the rements, and I agree that they look like the perfect size to be toys for my other dolls.

Right now, I'm working on a tree house for 1:12 scale, but as long as there's no furniture in it, I can probably pose my tinies in it until I have the chance to get some 1:12 scale bjd. I don't have photos yet, but I can post them as I work, if anyone is interested in seeing how I make a tree armature. It's gonna be HUGE, like almost as tall as I am.

7. I freaking love this thread! Despite looking through the mature minis threads a few times, and scrolling here quite a bit for general tiny doll discussion, I didn't realize that there was a tiny doll house thread until this evening!

I'm waiting on an MDR Mousse, and I plan to convert a shelf in a small cabinet that I own into a "house" for her. I had started a space for an 8" doll a few years ago, but it never came together fully. This thread and its predecessors are giving me all kinds of ideas about jumping back into the project.

8. While my Little Fees don't have a house per sae, they have a lot of furniture, pets & accessories which I enjoy arranging into little rooms on the top of an antique buffet. I don't know of any doll houses in their scale though perhaps a Barbie one would work. Still, since they're wood sprites, they don't really mind not being closed in by 4 walls.

9. Some Playmobil will work for tiny dolls like Real Puki and Amelia Thimble. Here's my Hermes trying out an armchair to show the size. The little cottage he's in is Playmobil too.
      [​IMG]Hermes in the Armchair

10. Do you mind telling me the brand of dollhouse this is? It looks like it would be the perfect size for my space and my realpukis and pukipukis. I love it!

Oops, just saw this. I should have kept reading! Sorry!

#110 Bweis13, Feb 18, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
    11. For some reason in this topic for a long time there are no updates. This is sad because this is my favorite topic! All the girls are so talented! Photos are beautiful and there are a lot of different dolls in their homes - this is a real small city!
      So, I think the topic we will continue!
      In the previous section, the question was discussed that houses for tiny takes a lot of space. This is true. I thought about resolving this issue. The first solution was the roombox I showed before.
      [​IMG]
      All the walls between themselves, as well as to the floor, are connected by grooves, like Lego.
      When I want to, I can disassemble the room and put separate boards in the closet, and then collect everything back.

12. That's a great way to reduce the space requirement! And for photos, just a corner is frequently best. I love the wallpaper!

13. This is great, and I'd never considered it! I love Playmobil, and have several of the "medieval" cottages that could possibly work for a couple of characters. Thanks for the suggestion!

14. I love tiny homes!

My current project is converting a large lantern from Ikea into a fairy home, I don't seem to have any photos on my PC.
      But this is my original project, my PukiPuki "Borrowers" hanging out in their bed room:
      [​IMG]
      :)

15. The same roombox that I which I showed above, but without wallpaper and another angle.
      [​IMG]

16. Claire's sells tiny tubs filled with mini bath bombs and lotion that can fit 2 PukiPuki's
      [​IMG]

17. I love that the tub sparkles! Super cute.

18. Yeees, it is like my favorite tub (I have several different sizes haha) Claire's also has a bigger purple plastic one that is shiny and fits like my 16cm Doll Zone Fox Boy

19. I want to show you the bag-dollhouse, which I made for my micro BJD Zabava
      [​IMG]

20. The room looks great! What is a "bag-dollhouse"? How tall is your micro BJD and what make is she?