1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Hopscotch Hill/American girl clothes on MSD

Sep 14, 2004

1. Or any other 18" doll clothes? yes or no? and if so what does it fit like? If you know then could you make a list of the dolls that they can share clothes with?:aheartbea

2. American girl clothes will not fit, they're much to wide for narrow bjds.

3. Height-wise, they probably would fit, but the clothes would need to be taken in, BJDs are usually slimmer.

4. The short answer is no. American girl clothes are HUGE on any MSD I've ever come across. American girl/Magic Attic/most similar 18" dolls are proportioned very differently than BJDs, even though some of them are the same height.

But technically, yes a dollmore kid will fit into AG clothing. But American Girl dolls are much thicker than msds. So an MSD in an AG shirt, for example, would look like she was a 5 y/o playing dress up in her parents' closet. I've seen some SDs around that wear AG clothing. So, if you already have some AG clothes and need to keep a doll from sitting around naked, they'll work fine until you can find/make something. But don't buy any American Girl stuff expecting it to fit a Kid Dollmore.

The first week my MNF was home, she wore an AG white button down shirt. The sleeves and hem were down to her knees, and it was very baggy. We rolled up the sleeves and she looked rather cute, like she was wearing her boyfriends shirt or something ^_^

5. The clothes don't fit, but a lot of the furniture does. I have an American Girl chair that fits SD size nicely (My MSD looks like a kid in a grownup chair when she sits in it). And the beds fit MSD-sized dolls. American girls are very short and stout, and ball jointed dolls very tall and skinny, so the clothes just would'n't work without extreme alterations (too much work, in my opinion).

6. Some of the accesories would prob work - like some of the animals and things like the bowling ball and things of that nature. It would also depend on hights of the dolls you were using the items against.

7. American Girl clothes are WAY too big for MSDs & even for SDs they're too wide but the slleves & pants are too short. The only 18" doll clothes I've found that even come close to gitting any BJD are Magic Attic clothes which fit SDs nicely but the pants become capris, the skirts minis & long sleeves are far too short. The Magic Attic dolls are much slimmer than other 18" play dolls.

Some other brands that will probably fit your MSD are Faith & Friends, Teen Trends, Hopscotch Hill & Friends2Bmade.

8. Lol, I really should get some pics! Might make for a cute photoshoot.

Clothes, as has been said, are not really going to fit, but most of the accessories, furniture, and pets should. Beds, I know for a fact, are perfect for my MNF. (I have the bright yellow bunk beds from when the AG of today first came out.) The hair accessory kits would be very handy to have as well, imho. That's probably one of the best sources for tiny pins, clippies, and scrunchies.

9. American girl clothes are way to wide for BJD's, i have an SD sized boy and I found some old clothing from my american girl doll, and you could definitely adjust it, but american girls are much shorter and wider then BJD's (at least SD's)

10. I tried some American Girl clothes onto my DM Kid when I first got her, and they were horribly wide, and didn't fit at all. Not even a little.

You'd have to alter the pattern to make it smaller and narrower.