1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Horror themed dolls!

Jun 15, 2017

1. @Saapas With mine, I didn't have a head to go under it. I know some people took the heads off their dolls and others didn't. I made a still sculpture of PH years after my doll PH, and I made a head that I had to make fit under the helmet. Though it was a pretty small head and not big like BJD heads usually are. XD

2. I don't own any at the moment, but I love horror themed dolls. Someday I'd love to have a skeleton one.

3. Dolls as a general rule unsettle me a little bit, but I actually love dolls that are spooky. Zombie or skeletal dolls, gory modifications, and other spooky add-ons are actually much cuter to me. The added level of inhumanity in their design helps counter the whole Uncanny Valley effect for me.

4. Oh my goodness I LOVE a hint of creepyness in dolls! There are three dolls that I have my eye on currently that are more on the 'creepy' side of things that I would just love to have. Literally for no other reason then to love them. All creepy dolls are welcome in my home as far as I'm concerned. :love:love

5. For me I really like the dark aethestic. This goes for dolls too, but they have to be dark yet still attractive or beautiful in some way. I'm not a fan of purely scary looking dolls like living dead dolls.

6. I don't particularly like horror themed dolls but I do like slightly creepy dolls. Ones that feel just a little off. Doll Chateau and Ringdoll and Doll Zone are my favourites!

7. Oh, I feel like I should mention MiracleDoll and Stacy's Pink Ocean as well! I love MiracleDoll and their Baiye is on my to-buy-list. ^_^ Conarium 120cm Girl-Lilith is really cool too, but I would never get a doll so big. I'll just admire her pictures instead. :>

8. I love horror themed dolls, as long as they are not too grotesque. The one I keep coming back to in my head has been Dikadoll's limited Galois with the half zombie face.

9. I had no idea that there were horror dolls. O_O But looking at them now I think they are so cool!

10. I don't have any horror themed dolls myself. But if I could start this hobby all over, horror themed dolls is all I would have! I'm so madly in love with those <3
      I am planning on doing a Frankendolly (frankensteindoll) and make her look supercreepy! And one of my floating heads is a 'severed and rotting' head that I will still need to work out better (face-up, stick or something to put it on etc).

11. I have a couple of spooky cute dolls. And while I love horror themed dolls, I prefer just visiting them. :)

12. Oh I love the Irma! I want her on the old msd boy body. :)

13. I love horror themed dolls. I just love creepy and macabre stuff in general, though I like juxtaposing them with beautiful things as well. I don't own any horror themed dolls currently, but the fact that some companies produce them make me really happy. :D

I love Ringdoll too!! I saw this thread and my immediate thought was of Ringdoll. They release a special set every Halloween, I think. I can never afford it when it comes out but I always get super excited to see what they do!

14. I don't have horror themed dolls, but appreciate a lot of those I see. Sometimes I am tempted to get a DZ Carter(with both eyes open) it's such an eerie mold with creepy potential <3

15. I like different dolls, but only adult molds. By the way, vampires, figures with tails, horns etc. don`t seem horror for me. These dolls are just unusual. Maybe the reason is that I don`t have a fear of dolls. I know people who has this phobia.

16. I don't have any horror dolls, and the only one I have planned is cute vampire. I've admired some, and prefer creepy to gory.

17. @Saapas I actually have a Silent Hill doll. Heather, rather than anyone from SH2, but still a member of the series. I also have character dolls from Bioshock and Elfen Leid.

18. Oh that's super cool! Heather seems like a good character to shell! I can definitely see her as a doll. :) And which characters do you have from Bioshock and Elfen Lied?

19. I don't own any "Horror" themed resin dolls (I do have a lot of MH), but I do like to think of most of my resins as a bit creepy.
      All of the ones based on OCs are vampire characters but only one has visible fans. I love horror, and love survival-horror J-games with all my might.
      I had two of my dolls cosplaying as Silent Hill's Pyramid Head at one point, I wish I could have gotten myself a FL Chic Line male
      body so I could have had a permanent PH doll, but I didn't and now I'll regret for the rest of my life. T__T;; If I have enough time I will force my Rou to
      cosplay as PH once again this year and he'll have nurse by his side this time; I wish I could make a Manikin or a Fukoro lady, but sadly those would be
      too hard for me to even begin to dream, let alone attempt for doll cosplay.

I am not a huge fan of the multiple eyes on a face, or highly "disfigured-looking" dolls but I do appreciate a bit of blood and undead-looking customizations.
      Although I am scared of bugs of all kinds in real life, I can also appreciate the Doll Chateau spider (Elizabeth, I think it was called) and most of their dolls actually,
      I don't think I would own any, simply because I'm not interesting in owning anymore resin dolls, but I don't doubt I would have gotten a few if I had no other resins
      in my collection.

20. I LOVE horror themed dolls. Loong Soul's Wanwan and Ghost Jing are pretty fav. I'd loveeee to find various kinds of Silent Hill related BJDs, that'd be a real dream right there. I currently don't own any kind of dolls like that BUT it won't stay that way for long. :)