1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Horror themed dolls?

Nov 23, 2020

1. Hello! I’m a horror fanatic and I’m used to seeing fantasy, video game characters (which I love too) and realistic dolls. Was just curious if any of you lovely humans had a horror/scary themed doll or doll collection? This is my first post so please correct me if I did anything wrong :) <3

Let me also add that monster dolls do in fact count!! I want to see them all!! :)

#1 Lihnata, Nov 23, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    2. I plan on having a very full collection of horror/alternative/gothic dolls at some point in the very far future-- which is actually how I got into BJDs! I initially wanted one doll to serve as an example of lolita aesthetics-- but then fell in love with Doll Chateau dolls and Sally BJDs, which are close to a horror aesthetic. Just yesterday, I learned about the wonderful sideshow BJDs- my personal favorite is the Muse of Bone doll- with the muse of flesh as a close second. I'm so glad you made this thread! I am dying (haha) to learn about more horror dolls!

#2 mohnblumendolls, Nov 23, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 23, 2020

3. Ahhh!! I love this!!! I would love to see the dollies you eventually get!! I used to be afraid of horror and now I absolutely love it so I’m hoping to pay homage to that by basing one of my dolls off of a cursed ghost or something. I don’t have many options right now but I hope to have more in the future :)

loved the pun ;)

4. Oh god I want all the spooky dolls! I'm currently mulling over an old Feeple65 Horror themed faceplate but it has the old neck connecters so I would have to find a Feeple65 body and head that have a discontinued style >.>

5. I don’t have any myself but check out Sadomina’s dolls both on here and Instagram. She has some of the most amazing horror dolls I’ve ever seen!

6. her dolls are stunning! I browse her doll profiles sometimes and am just stunned by how incredible they are.

I would love to show you! unfortunately, all of my horror current dolls are off-topic- they're vinyl, so I can't post them here. I had a weird relationship with horror as a kid; I'd be terrified and fascinated in equal measure by scary stuff. I've grown to only appreciate it though, and it sounds like you have as well! And the cursed ghost idea is awesome! you could do transparent resin for the lower limbs... the possibilities are endless.

#6 mohnblumendolls, Nov 23, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2020
    7. @Harlequin-Elle has some pretty awesome horror dolls. I don't have any myself, but I really like seeing those of other collectors. Dream Valley has MSDs that have a third monster arm on their backs.

8. I have a lot of vampires, and a few demons in my collection, and well as other monsters. I also have both a boy and a girl of Dream Valley's creepy/cute/cool 3 armed monster teens. Oh and I have an incoming Ke head by Musen.
      As for more "horror" in my dolls (Note he doesn't see the above listed things as "horror enough" he is jaded XD) I have a few I have modded myself like my Alien boy that has green skin and black veins. I also have my Dr. Frankenstein, my version after his death in book was made into a monster too. So Victor has a lot of stitches and scars.

I'd like to one day mod my MNF WooSoo Vampire boy's back to be skinless, as the cute little guy is meant to be a child demon and have a mix of horrific and cute to him.
      I would also like to make a zombie doll, but buying a doll just to gore it up is hard.

There use to be a person in the hobby that did custom gore mods for a living something Elephant, but they dropped off the face of the earth a while ago.

9. IMO, @Sadomina is the master of horror dolls. Check out her doll profiles on here- she has everything from fantasy horror to an doll of an actual serial killer/cannibal (Albert Fish).

10. One of our local collectors, who goes by dollaketnon on IG, has some pretty spiffy gore/horror dolls. The only doll I have that veers slightly close to that category is my LoongSoul ZhuZhao, but his burn-like "mask" is rather tame compared to the others already mentioned in this thread.

11. I recall seeing at least two more threads on horror or creepy/themed/looking dolls. Here's one of them right here.

Most of the BJD I own that are based on OCs are vampires, which I consider horror-themed, but they are not what I would consider grotesque or disfigured looking to be obviously horror-themed. I do love horror myself, although I am often disappointed by western horror films, I love Japanese survival-horror video games (a dead/dying genre unfortunately). I did two cosplays of the Pyramid head inspired Boogieman (from SH: Homecoming) for my largest resin doll, about a thousand years ago which can be seen right here, and a little more recently for my smallest mature BJD, here. I do own a DIM Minimee head sculpt based on Leon S. Kennedy, from RE4, and two floating SoulDoll head sculpts that are meant to represent clones of death. (:

12. I'm working on a 1:4 scene of a haunted living room, like old Victorian style, cobwebs, creepy portraits. I think I'd like to find a small miniature doll too (like a few inches high), to place in random places inside, kind of like Annabelle. I've got my eye out for other creepy knick-knacks that work for 1:4 scale. The doll that would live there is my FairyLand LittleFee Cygne in her fullset witch outfit, though she's more adorable than creepy. (If anyone knows of any good creepy 1:4 props, please DM me!)

13. Horror themed dolls are my favorite (still, I actually love all kind of dolls, also cute ones). There are some companies which release great creepy dolls like Miracle Doll, Dollzone, Doll Chateau, Dlace, Musen, Doll IOS (their skull series), Dollmore (Dollpire series) and years ago also Ringdoll (I wished they would continue their series with Zombies, real serial killer like Jack the Ripper, Frankenstein)

14. I've recently gotten back into BJD's and I've just fallen in love with the weird, creepy, unusual type dolls that have come out. I can't remember there being much of that type 9 years ago. Otherwise I would have definitely gone for them. I really hope to get my hands on some of them as a lot of them do seam to always be LE which is sad.

15. Me too! I just feel like I should’ve had the idea to have a horror type doll a long time ago but alas, it’s never too late! lol

I will check them out. Thank you so much for the recommendations! I got some stalking to do <3

All of your dollies sound absolutely amazing!! I hope I’m able to check them out through your profile!!

Ahhhh!!!! Thank you!!! Checking them out now!!!

Something about male dolls with long black hair always has my heart, what an absolutely beautiful doll! :love

Oh my gosh!! I love RE!!! Checking all of your dollies out now!! And thank you for recommending that thread, I will go check it out right away!

I’m absolutely obsessed with Knick-knacks so I for sure will be on the look out for you! I absolutely love that idea. I’d love to see it when you’re finished <3

Yay! Thank you, I will be looking into all of your recommendations!!! :)

#15 Lihnata, Nov 25, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2020
    16. Oo, skip the profiles and go straight to her IG, which has so much more to look at! I would never collect horror dolls, but I adore staring at her unique and creepy collection! This one is a personal favorite, because you don't know whether to cringe or laugh out loud! :XD:

17. Welcome back to the hobby! :) I hope you’re able to find a horror doll to your liking soon, doll hunting when you have a specific idea in mind for them is so hard!!

That made me laugh lmfao!!! Sooooo creative I love it, poor doll tho! :XD:

#18 Lihnata, Nov 25, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2020
    18. Here's my "Resident Evil Crew" (Resident Evil movieverse, I might add):

[​IMG]

Left to right: Alice, Nicholai Ginovaef, Claire Redfield. Nicholai's still very much a work in progress. Claire's mostly done (still needs a breast reduction, poor girl). And Alice will never EVER be finished.

Bonus pic of Alice and Claire.

[​IMG]

19. I'm absolutely in love with horror themed dolls! I don't have any yet, but I've been mulling over the ringdoll monster fullsets... they just hit me right in the spooky aesthetic