1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Horses for larger dolls

Sep 12, 2006

1. Has there been any updates or new sellers of horses for 1/3 scale?
      Looking for two horses for my Feeple60 boy and girl.

2. Unless you make your own horse, the only one that's close to being big enough is the My Twinn horse. There is the option, though, of thrifting a rocking horse, if you find a realistic one that you can remake??

3. Yes! Since I posted, in my research the MyTwinn horse was a great option but also the horses that younger kids can ride and rocking horses. It might not be too hard to mod and remove the "rocking" part of it.

4. What kind of "kids horse?" Do you have a pic or a link?

Ryu

5. I tried to mod battat horse, it had perfect height for msd and maybe for ~50sm dolls. Horse is quite tall for ~40sm doll.
      Now i have... something looking like horse after some years of tries and fails :) To have just horse statue was incredibly boring, so i separated neck+head and added 'kinda-joint' to make head move. There were some technical mistakes, i fixed them somehow and now all system is quite awkward inside although it's looking quite good))

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      More photos are in my instagram, but they are mostly technical: 1. Login • Instagram 2. Login • Instagram 3. Login • Instagram

#525 Xaski, Jan 19, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    6. @Xaski Your work is impressive!

And aren't we all kind of awkward on the inside? I wouldn't worry about it. :)

7. Thank you. Work is still not done completely, now i need to make some satisfactory horse equipment. The issue is that i've never held in hand real 'horse things'. On the other side I also didn’t see many live horses, but this one looks like a horse without a doubt :cool:

#527 Xaski, Jan 21, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    8. I recently came across a TaoBao BJD shop (Lucent Star BJD). Please remove if links aren't allowed.
      https://shop225336771.taobao.com/
      What are people's thoughts on this horse here? Looks like Soom dolls on their backs too :D

9. Could you post screenshot please? Product pages are not opening, maybe it's requiring registration (?)
      Looks like there is cool bird for SD too)

10. recommend selecting a picture without any dolls in it, just in case. ;)
      or ask the mods before posting it.
      i sort of really hope that shop is ok -the swords are cool too.
      moar horses please LOL

@Xaski - thanks for sharing your mod, looking good! the english saddles that came with those horses weren't too bad, mostly the stirrups were out of scale, in case that helps a little.

p.s. @LottiePop - to post a link, use the link button (looks like a chain) next to the font button above where you type a reply, while having a typed word selected like "link: or "here" and put the url there in the pop up so it's not hot linked. :thumbup

11. https://t.co/U3JmfntfUe

@Grimalkin ah thank you very much fir the tip <3
      I've got some pictures here from their twitter (LucentStarBJD) :[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      (hopefully I have done this correctly this time and you guys can see them)

12. I'm sure I'll find a picture without a doll on it so we can get a better view of the horse sculpt itself. I'll do some more digging :3nodding:

13. Okie, I wasn't able to view the product on TaoBao but I've been able to see it via a shopping service.
      In the description, I can see that the horse's height is listed at 80cm (not sure it that's to the ears or to the withers but I'm guessing it'll be to its ears).
      It also states that they can be dissassmebled and reassembled as well which would be pretty cool but I don't see any pictures there showing how it that works.
      I'll put some links here:
      【团】bjd 大马 四肢和头可拆卸 叔用 拍摄道具 马Looking for BJD dolls and wigs? Bhiner is your bjd paradise
      【截团】模型马 bjd 大马 3分及3分以上叔、大女用 拍摄道具 马Looking for BJD dolls and wigs? Bhiner is your bjd paradise

and if those don't work, I have some images here of the horse without a doll on it :D [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

14. 126 usd? 0_o I see at least 3 prices - 30, 50 and 126 usd. I'm confused))
      But thank for the site, i like prices for staff

15. Aye no worries, I'm a little confused too haha. I was hoping folks on DoA might know a wee bit more about ordering through TaoBao and what sort of things to look out for (I will confess to being a 100% noob).
      It looks very cool but yeah I have too many queries to click the order button right now lol :lol:

16. Those horses are so pretty!! I've been looking for some larger ones with a good sculpt, and with how beautiful these are posed I dont mind them not being jointed. Thank you for sharing, I hope they will be restocked sometime soon :D

17. Aye they're stunning. I'll keep my eyes peeled and if I spot them back in stock I'll let you all know :thumbup

18. i loved the Akhal-teke breed ones moonlightbjd had that were similar to these. i have many ragrets (LOL) for not going for it when i saw the listing.

19. Shipping is a killer thoug! They told me it's about $480 to germany (USA aswell) but recently it jumped to almost double they say !! :o