1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Horses for larger dolls

Sep 12, 2006

1. yes the smaller one is My Twinn

2. Haven't seen one of those MTs IRL... he looks small enough for an MSD!

3. as promised...Sheri's horse with three sizes

70cm (EID)...MSD...60cm (elfdoll)
      [​IMG]

4. What a beautiful shot! Tanks Pam!

5. Wonderful wonderful horse. If I ever stop buying dolls at an alarming rate I will certainly purchase one of these lovely horses..

6. I've been waiting for an in-scale horse for my superdollfies - and - he just arrived yesterday
      - in a huge box - I'm SO very VERY excited about him!!!
      He's gorgeous - and true to scale too!!! :)
      Sheri of http://www.secretloftdesigns.com created this amazing horse!!!

The photos are with my Limhwa Half Elf Luthien.
      She didn't want to sit up - I'll have to work on that. No saddle or bridle yet.
      I'll start his sanding soon and am hoping to make him a copper chestnut (like my SelleFrancais Rio was).
      I've not yet decided if I'll use the molded mane/tail or make a hair mane/tail.

I'm thinking that he'll look pretty incredible with my 63cm Aragorn too!

Thanks for looking!
      one very happy Robyn :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Congratulations Robyn!

8. oh I just love him in raw resin!

9. MMMM so nice...I really want one :( so expensive and probably takes up sooo much room. aaaaaaaaaaaack.

10. Actually, considering the beauty and size, they are NOT expensive - less than a doll -
      and he is an absolutely incredible piece of sculpture!!! I had to stop last night
      walking up the stairs to look at him in the dark. He's so gorgeous even unpainted!

Hope that you're not sick of seeing my photos of Sheri's incredible horse.
      I ventured outside this morning. Looked all over the yard to try to find
      an appropriate place for pictures. In hindsight, a bit less sun might have been
      better with the white resin. His tail is now attached via two bamboo 'pins'.

Here are my Brandy (horse), with Aragorn (minimee Viggo head/LatidollRed body-
      63cm guy - awesomely costumed by Sheri too! - amazing wig by DebWest).

Thanks for looking!
      Robyn :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Robyn, these pictures are so wonderful, such a great setting for Aragorn and his horse. I was trying to remember the name of the horse Eomer gave him when they first met, was it Hasufel? He must have been a grey too :)
      Thanks so much for sharing these pictures.

12. Aragorn rides Brego after the incident at the cliff...Brego finds him washed up on the shore of the river...but that was written JUST for the movie.
      http://www.lordoftherings.net/guide/horses_brego.html

"I understand you bought Brego, the horse you used in The Lord of the Rings?

Yes, he became my friend, just like the other cast members. The guy who owned him wanted to sell him, so he said to me, 'I know you've gotten along well with this horse, and I'd like to see him in good hands, would you like to buy him?' I thought about it for a while, whether it would be practical or not, and finally said, 'Why not?'

Hail To The King
      by Lawrence French
      Starburst #305, 2003"

13. Just to show my geekiness... I think Brego belonged to Eomer's cousin, the king's son who died, and he's the horse in the stable scene, the one who's freaking out until Aragorn calms him down by speaking Elvish to him. At the end of the scene, Aragorn tells them to turn Brego loose because he's seen enough war, and I guess they do because then Brego finds Aragorn when he needs him. But some of Brego's story is only in the extended version of the movie, and I can never remember which parts are which.

Ahem. I'll go back to lurking now. But that horse is beautiful and I can't wait to see what it looks like painted.

14. he really is gorgeous....I need one...but I want him customized...LOL...hee hee.........................

15. Sheri does offer custom painting on her web page too - and layaway as well!
      She shows an incredible dappled gray painted horse on her web pages too -
      with 'real' main & tail. The gray is on this page:
      http://www.secretloftdesigns.com/bjddesigns/gallery2/

Hope that you get one too! They're simply amazing!!!
      Robyn_in_WA :)

16. is it too greed if i wish the horse could have ball-joined? really want one!

17. Been following this thread and tought you might be interested about this soom teaser:
      http://dollsoom.com/shop/shop/item.php?it_id=1283141492
      wow wow wow. But that is maybe not a horse, but a centaur. So we will see.. but that detailed body is really nice! Thats something I would like. :D

18. OMG! :D What a teaser from Soom. What month is that one going to be? I'm excited to see what the head sculpt will be! I bet he'll be SO handsome. ...Like all the other Soom boys. >w<

19. Does anyone know of anyone/any companies in the EU selling large SD horses? Nahar's lovely and all, but the importation tax and shipping to the UK for him would put his blank base price up to around $1000, probably more.