1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Horses for larger dolls

Sep 12, 2006

1. Oh you.....going Trigger are we?
      Sounds so beautiful.

2. What can I say? I'm a child of the 50's...
      ♫ Happy Trails to You ♫

3. Wow, the more I look at this horse the more I want..especially a Palomino......oh...and Pam's tack is absolutely fabulous....arrgh...

4. Nooooooo--

My Link is almost home and I went to order a My Twinn horse to mod into the perfect Epona for him and they don't have the Thoroughbred model anymoooooore! :( I don't want to settle for the Quarter horse version either. Poo. This was actually something I could afford too >.<

Suggestions?? The Battat models are definitely too small, and unfortunately I can't afford the gorgeous Nahar.....

5. you can sometimes find them on Ebay.
      I bought one that way once.

6. The Nightmare horse is actually on ebay, armor and all I believe for $850. Was $900. Considering it's already made "I assume", one doesn't have to wait five months production time. As much as I want it, I can't afford it. Plus I wish it had a mane.

I've been looking at the MyTwinn horses and actually don't like them. I still wonder if 25" is ideal for my large boys. I want a plastic horse. Pretty much a larger 'Barbie' looking horse. I'm still on the lookout.

7. Yep, I looked on eBay a few times (well, stalked it...) and all I can ever find is Battat horses. Which would be great if I were collecting MSDs. XD @moonlightdestiny-- I did see that listing, GAH I wish I could afford Nightmare.

Well...on second look, I might actually go with the QH model. *shrug* After looking at game art photos of Epona, that model is a little chunkier than the other one, which might work out better in the long run. And the ears are set further apart, which I like. Hmmmmmmmmmm decisions...! I might just go with it, and try customizing it, who knows... I might just fall in love :)

8. Welp, I won an auction on another Battat model...the grey Andalusian! :D I know she's going to be too small (again LOL) but I couldn't resist her. Who knows, with the way she's holding her head, all round at the poll like she's doing some cool dressage move, I might be able to make it look more in scale! Pictures to coooome!

9. I'm so frustrated that My Twinn discontinued the Prancer model horse. It's really a tease on their website, too, that they have the Prancer in the pictures of the sleigh and the sleigh harness (which can still be purchased) but only the Quarter horse body shape is available. ARGH!! I want the more active look of that Prancer!

10. me too...I emailed thembut have not heard back yet...maybe I should call.

11. I think the My Twinn Prancer is just out of stock. I could swear that it's been missing from their website before and then reappeared. I'm thinking that Christmas wiped out their stock of the Prancer horse. Yeah, I think it was out of stock last year when I had money and wanted to get one and then was back again after I'd spent the money. >.<#

12. I eMailed My Twinn about the Prancer model horse (I described it as "the more active-looking horse that's shown in the pictures with the sleigh set"). They got back to me saying that they could not predict stock, but that if more people showed an interest in that model the department in charge of stocking was more likely to restock it, so they would forward my request to that department.

TL;DR - Everyone eMail My Twinn and ask them to restock the older style of horse!!

13. so I got some questions...since there are no Mytwinn horses in europe

so Breyer Traditional work perfect for MSD?
      these horses are 1:9 scale, approx 30cm.
      however sometimes in the description, the sizes range from 25 to 35cm. how accurate are these measurments?
      ah and something popped up in my mind, if the horse is for example 'running' than it would be shorter than a horse simply standing on 4legs no? but the feel and scale would be the same?

Can I customise them with real manes and tail?

and there seem to be another type: Breyer Saddle Club which I think are smaller than the traditional?
      http://cgi.ebay.com/BREYER-SADDLE-C...600?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bbb07af0

it's really hard to get an idea of the size of these horses :s anybody ever seen these?

I noticed these horses from Playstoy company
      http://www.amazon.fr/Plastoy-Figurine-Animal-Cheval-Hanovrien/dp/B000V5GRD8/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_c

these are 25cm approx, but they don't look as detailed and pretty as the Breyer... but size wise would it work?

14. actually...Breyer traditional are too small for even an MSD...they aren't even big enough for barbie.
      They are however pretty good for 10" dolls....the Soom Mini Gem is a wee bit too big but you can get away with it.

I have dozens of Breyer from childhood and it irks me that none of my ABJDs can ride them.

Your best bet for MSD is the Battat horses...here's a link to one on ebay...
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-Batta...074?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5198b274a2
      Find a seller who ships to EU.
      Here is a link to my album full of MSDs on a Battat
      http://www.thedollpage.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/4766

15. The Our Generation/Battatt horses make good lead-along pack ponies if your SD is fond of wandering or going on a picnic. They're just not tall enough to be horses.

16. Ugh, now that I have an elf girl coming I REALLY want a horse for her. I had like...5 Battat horses when I was younger....I wish I kept them. But, they all got sent over to Ukraine along with all my other childhood toys for an orphanage.
      But, what size (inches) do you guys would think is suitable for a 63cm doll? She's supposed to be tall for a woman (about 6 ft.) Would one of the Battat horses work well or should I go for a My Twinn?

17. The Battat horses are 18-20" tall the My Twinn say 25inches tall. So if your doll is 63cm=24in then I would probably say the My Twinn since its larger, but I haven't seen one in person so not sure what they look like.

18. SharinganBlossom91 ....My Twinn is your best bet...there are some photos with dolls farther back in the thread...or search "horse" under PamSD for lots of pics.

Good luck finding one of the Prancers...MT doesn't carry them anymore and I almost never see them for sale.

19. Alright, thanks guys!

20. Breyer traditional pony...Elfdoll tinies
      1/6 scale action figure horse...11" Uyoo
      Montana Sydney's horse by Tonner...Fashion doll size
      Large fur horse from ebay...MSD size
      Battat/My Generation horse...make good pony for SD13
      [​IMG]

Battat w/MSD...
      [​IMG]

Battat w/SD13 size...
      [​IMG]

Yo (10") with 1/6th scale horse
      [​IMG]

Minimood by Tonner(8") with Breyer
      [​IMG]

SD13 on My Twinn...
      [​IMG]

70cm (models or hounds) on My Twinn
      [​IMG]

Nahar by Sheri in OR with (l-r) EID, MSD, SD13
      [​IMG]

SD13 on Nahar
      [​IMG]

Opinions...
      Breyers need very small dolls inthe 8" and smaller scale.
      If you can find the 1/6th scale or GI Joe horse...it's best with Tinies.
      The best horse for MSD is the Battat.
      The best horse for SD13 is the My Twinn Prancer.
      (their new horse is not as big)
      I love Nahar for SD13 but not with EID.