1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Horses for Minis

Nov 26, 2010

1. Beautiful photos of horses and msd. Wish these were available in Australia.

2. Yay! My horse is here at last! Named him Hitori- here he is with the lovely Mayumi

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

3. woa, that's a great price. it's so mean, that i don't have a chance to get one ;_;

here in germany you only get barbie horses XD or a horrible price...

on sunday i was on dolliverse in the netherlands. and had the chance to take some pics with a beautiful battat <3

4. After prowling eBay and setting camp outside my mailbox (it was a huuuuge package, but let me tell you, do not underestimate the simplicity of plastic foil wrapped around cardboard boxes, 'cause it seems to work very well with keeping box integrity somewhat intact) I can give this comparison, a Shinydoll Fragille (and Shinydoll Pricco and Bobobie Isabella) atop two Battat horses. Sadly neither of the ladies in very suiting riding gear, mind you, 'compared to previous pictures in this thread. The fabulous remake photos also previously posted make me hopeful of successfully revamping these horsies :)

All in all, Shinydoll Fragille doesn't look to odd when not sitting in a saddle that came with the horses and has much better position, more in the center and her shoulders, hips, knees and legs better aligned vertically. Because the saddle doesn't seem to be large enough for her, and then there is of course the ridiculous stirrups. In other words, on the lookout for a new saddle and bridle.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

+EDIT: Another style of Battat horse. More graceful pose/motion, but sort of awkward look, at least without tack.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

For more pictures, please click here.

5. This thread is old, but thanks a lot for it. I was mourning over the fact that Domuya's Nightmare is out of my buget comfort zone and rare and I really would love to have a black horse for my soon-to-be Black Knight, so... Horse hunting, here I go ;P

6. Target still sometimes carries horses for their 18" dolls that work for minis. I used to have one myself, but I traded it away because I never really used it (except for this one meetup).
      [​IMG]

7. Reviving this just to mention that the Our Generation horses do fit well for MSDs, even with larger ones.
      Below a link of where my Souldoll Joelle/Dream Valley body hybrid (49cm) is mounting one that is actually jointed.
      Login • Instagram

(The gear is made by myself, the one that comes with it, is too large and plastic-looking in my oppinion.)

8. (copy from 'Horses for larger dolls', maybe it will be useful)
      I tried to mod battat horse, it had perfect height for msd and also incredibly stupid face. Now i have... something looking like horse after some years of tries and fails :) To have just horse statue was incredibly boring, so i separated neck+head and added 'kinda-joint' to make head move. There were some technical mistakes, i fixed them somehow and now all system is quite awkward inside although it's looking quite good))

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      More photos are in my instagram, but they are mostly technical: 1. Login • Instagram 2. Login • Instagram 3. Login • Instagram

9. Unfortunately the jointed one has the weirdest sculpt, weirdest pose and weirdest face :( And joints in legs are not so functional as you'd want to. Although this horse is very stable. You can leave it standing with doll on the back and not to be afraid that horse will fall.