1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How accessorized are your boys and girls? And why?

Nov 25, 2005

1. It depends on the doll, to a large extent. Ilú is a devil for accessories - his arms are usually full up with bracelets and watches, he's almost always wearing a necklace or two, a couple of rings, perhaps a belt, and he's got a total of five hoops in his ears, too. It's his personality that he loves pretty things, and accessorising his outfits is just a normal thing. Dee, on the other hand, might wear a simple chain-necklace or something of the sort, but that's about it. Finally Aulen has a necklace he's never ever without: it's made from carved bone beads, and in his story those bones once belonged to his mother. Hence it's something he keeps very close to his heart.

2. sometimes i dont really accesorize myself so^^
      but there is a doggy necklace Jamie never takes off (it was a gift from my aunt when i was small but i'm a bit to old for stuff like that, nevertheless i still love the necklace xD)
      and the occasional necklace for muffs and his fav watch

3. I don't really go in for accessories. I'll wear hats sometimes, but that's about it. Duckie, however, loves them. She has a large collection of necklaces, legwarmers and a scarf.

4. My girls wear a fair amount of jewelry, mainly because I love to make it. They're also into hats, purses, belts & all sorts of little things to pose with. My boys have glasses, jewelry, arm bands & hats & Mikail is never without his walking stick. I love all those final touches that really finish off an outfit.

As for myself, I wear 2 silver rings on my left hand, 2 gold on my right & a pair of gold hoop earrings. Occasionally I'll wear a necklace, sterling bracelet or a pin. I love antique broaches & have several but I don't wear them much anymore since I've given up wearing suits.

5. Ophelia wears not very much jewerelly because she has to be a look-a-like of someone. So she has to cloth herself and accessoirice herself the same.
      Though, she always wears a necklace which the idol doesn't wears.
      She only wears it because it looks cute on her xD

6. Lucie doesn't have much yet, but the first day I had her, I bought three purses for her. So, yes, she's got accessories. I also make her jewelry and collect ribbons and little hair clips for her.

She also has a tiara because she's spoiled.

7. Mine's got loads of accessories - next to no clothes, but lots of hairclips, earrings, belts, rings, etc. Mostly because they look so cute!

xXx

8. I actually like to pile on accessories (well, that's just exaggeration) but I like to distract others from what I'm actually wearing. My boys aren't the same way, really. Kcalb has his sunglasses (not yet, actually...darn) and Nan Yi isn't meant to have anything except maybe a ring. Leu, on the other hand, goes from bracelets to chokers to hats. ^^;

9. My boys have a lot of accessories ^_^ They're kind of different though, Sumiya has a few items(like his necklaces and his hat)that he almost always wears, and Vasy always wears necklaces/chains as belts/hats/scarves/bracelets but always different ones, depending on his outfit. I personally adore accessories, they really finish an outfit, but I'm too lazy to wear them myself XD

10. I have a couple accessories for my doll. I imagine eventually I will have more later when money permits. ;)

11. Heheh...my boy is very well accessorised. He has dozens of hairclips, pins, necklaces, bracelets, chokers, bookbags, plushies, furniture, shoes. I like to keep his eyes/hair/face default, so having a huge wardrobe and items to go with it are how I have my fun changing him around. He only has two hats, and one arm band from his girlfriend, but I'd really love to buy a ton of wristlets for him from soom. He still only has one pair of earrings at the moment, since I love his current pair too much.

12. My dolls are accessorized very little. I do buy them some furniture and I always buy them some plushies or other toys. I have a bit of jewelry for my MSD's. I rarely wear jewelry though, and neither do they. I mostly consider accessories that would give them something to do in a photo.

Carolyn

13. Chrno and I have matching slivery-blue sparkley bracelets. Just because it makes me feel-..connected. other than that, none.

14. So I don’t know if we can re open only threads BUT I don’t have a single thing for my girl lol, I don’t see her looking good with cloths on and I see her ‘nudity’ as normal lol

15. If I had more accessories for my boy, he would wear them. I want him to have a watch and a wedding band. I also want to get him an outfit involving a fashion scarf. I just usually don't have the money, along with not knowing where to get doll jewelry. I also want to give my big girl a wedding band, and my little tiny a bag/purse.

16. Kell has 3 ear piercings and is bugging me to get his eyebrow and nips pierced. *shrugs*

17. I LOVE accessories, and I guess that carries over to my dolls--male and female.

For instance, I just had my Iplehouse SID boy at a meetup and he was wearing a black t-shirt with chains and pins (came that way), a utilikilt to which I added a chain and handcuffs, a pirate-bandana dew-rag, a black leather cuff and a macarame bracelet... and he was carrying a skellanimal plushie. And that was a pretty butch outfit, as my other guys tend to REALLY dress up!

I think the little added bits really finish an outfit off and make it seem more real. Plus, I just like miniature/to-scale items! :)

18. My dollies don't have any accessories right now,just some hairclips. I want to make some jewelry and things for them but I have too many projects going on at the moment.

19. Yes...I accessorize my dollies because the stuff they wear have sentimental value for them and defines who they are so that's important. I also really like making jewelry so that's a bonus.

20. I love accessories and I have a slew of them myself. Shopping for doll scale glasses, watches, hats, bags, jewelry is fun for me. So all of my dolls have at least one accessory of some kind that is very specific to them. Besides the little items being so cute, I think it adds a layer of realism and defines their personality especially for character driven dolls.