1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How accessorized are your boys and girls? And why?

Nov 25, 2005

1. Most of my boys have jewelry specific to them. For example, wedding bands, special necklaces, piercings.......my most accessorized is probably Amir. He always wears two bracelets, a necklace, hoop earrings, two rings and a nose stud. Sometimes also arm bands, hats, or more jewelry. My least accessorized is Kier, and he MIGHT wear a hat, on occassion. No jewelry, ever.

It really just has to do with their character, and if they would really wear stuff or not.

2. I try to keep my dolls' accessories as simple as possible. I'm really bad with keeping track of little pieces!

3. Depends on the character but they certainly have several accessories that are special to them. I believe nobody will be ever able to top my Withdoll Taren when I get him home however... he wears tons of piercings for starters... he has about six on his face, at least five on either ear if not more, another on his tongue (as a character since it's impossible to show that as a doll) and some at other places... On top of that he wears necklaces, bracelets, rings, bands, an assortment of belts, belt chains, hats, gloves and about anything else one can imagine.

My least accessorized doll would have to be Nowe, my Doll Leaves Wish, the only thing he allows himself to wear is his simple cross around his neck and that's all.

4. My little routine when I get dolls is to pick out eyes & a wig, shoes & outfit (if not a full set) and then gift them w/a piece of jewelry! Some I've made myself & some I've bought. I have doll boxes full of wigs, shoes, boots, outfits - & a 1/3rd size chest of drawers full of eyes LOL
      I also have tons of dollie-size stuff (dishes, cups & glasses, weapons LOL, books, etc). I have a mini-light saber & Dalek that my boy Mac (DZ Mo) has, & watches for a couple of my girls, and a mini-gameboy that actually plays a game (this from Japan of course) for Kennie (Volks Kanata). Several have back-packs w/working tiny flashlights & a camping lantern, & I have a camo-tent for them! Then there's the eraser food .... Not to mention the furniture.

5. My dolls aren't as accessorized as I'd like them to be :x Two of them wear hats a lot as part of their 'basic look,' but I'm working on getting more jewelry and such, as well as maybe some belts. Hair bands and clippies too~

6. Very! I love assesorizing my dolls. I weigh them down with chains, necklaces, bracelets, and rings all the time XD my boys always have at least two or three necklaces on and anywhere from four to ten bracelets. Although the bracelets are mainly to cover up joints.

7. For me, it depends on the character. I personally like a modest or minimal amount of accessories so I wouldn't say that has influenced my dolls. (There's something about wearing too much jewelry that just isn't...iki.) Souji has...none. While Deidara has a tie clip, watch, ring, necklace, and a thick chain bracelet (the kind guys wear obvs), not all at once mind you. xD Oh that's if you're just talking about clothing accessories. If you mean any accessories, both of them have a cell phone and laptop and Deidara also has cigarettes and his C3 bomb with wings that actually pop up if you drop it. I'm working on finding stuff for Souji though. D8

8. Most of my crew haven't got much. They share things like collars and bracelets and necklaces, and whoever I feel like putting something on wears it for a while until I feel like sticking on someone else. Two of my guys, though? They're overloaded with stuff, because it's a pretty important part of both of their characters/personalities. One of them is a Billy Idol-wannabe who dresses like it's still 1985 and is absolutely loaded down with necklaces, studded cuffs, belts, and several heavy silver rings. (I actually did use a lot of Billy's jewelry as references for things to make, so my guy has stuff that is as close as I could get to the real thing in 1:3 scale.) The other is a rave kid who wears piles of kandi singles and cuffs and different coloured bands, plus other kandi accessories and whatever other bright crap he can cram onto any available body part. One of his favorite things is a set of kandi goggles with cardboard and duct tape "lenses" that he wears everywhere.

I am occasionally guilty of looking like a walking jewelry rack myself, so it's nothing unusual for my dolls. :lol:

9. I like the accessories for me, and for my dolls. In both cases, the fittings define the personality. Like a haircut, or the clothes we wear. They are important. My dolls wear them, always depending on your style ^^

10. I love accessories~ When I play those flash dress up doll games - I noticed that accessories can make such a difference!

My doll will have lots of accessories to mix/ match. She already has chokers, various hairbands (ribbons, flowers, animal ears), and I plan to make gloves/ cuffs, necklaces, those handbag style chains with a charm on it (tiny dolls), etc... As I'm making them for sale, so she has plenty as the prototypes and rejects automatically go to her. So she actually has more accessories than clothes!

11. My dolls don't really have accessories... but two of them have pets! Evra has a snake and Larten has a spider! I tend to dote on my Shanlings that way.

12. It honestly depends on the doll and their personality. Some of them like lots of jewelry and accessories. Some prefer little to none at all. Some like sparkly, some like obnoxious colours. They all have their own preferences. :lol:

13. Fish has almost nothing just her base stuff, hard to really buy stuff for a mermaid doll besides wigs and alternate eyes.

My SD girl on the other hand has about 6 outfits, a closet, two wigs a few extra pair of eyes though I always use the same ones, and a trundle bed plus bedside table and a few other things. I actually took my american girl doll accessories that fit about right and changed them to be hers.

As far as actual accessories go very few, fish has a Microphone I some times put in her hand and a sea shell stand to hold her up, and my SD girl mostly has just two bows and a pocket watch for her lapel. Honestly accessorizing for dolls is hard for me, they are small already it's hard to get some of that stuff on not to mention buy it all and not lose it... at least for me.

14. I am just getting into accessories basically for the first time since joining the hobby. One of my boys has almost always worn a hat, and one of my girls has had a necklace from the get-go, but nobody else had anything! I'm working on acquiring some suitable jewelry for the rest of the crew. Headgear seems especially big right now; I love those cute antler headbands, and I've got a couple of floral crowns I'm loving. Also I don't know that most would consider this an "accessory," but I do: underpants! I need so many pairs...

15. I don't really wear jewelry *so Nadeko doesn't either, and most of my future dolls probably won't wear any either. I occasionally wear one bracelet (until it breaks and then I don't wear any jewelry until someone gives me a new one) so I kind of want to make my future SD17 boy wear one but that's probably going to be the only jewelry that my dolls own.
      They will have tons of other accessories though!
      I love hats and have a hat collection and the first thing that I ever bought for Nadeko was a hat (that matches none of her clothes so she hasn't actually worn it yet), they''ll probably also have scarves and little knitted accessories since I knit and I also sculpt miniatures (mainly food) out of polymer clay so they'll have some (hopefully in-scale) food. And there's a ton of other accessories and props that I want to get them.

*Nadeko got some chokers with some Angel Cherry Cupcake dresses that I got her and she likes them so I guess that's her jewelry.

EDIT: I think this is the fastest I've gone back on something I said/typed
      I actually came across a jewelry store and walked in with the intention of buying things for my family...but then I saw tiny charms and the mind went straight to BJDs!
      So I ended up buying charms to make Nadeko necklaces with and have every intention to go back for more.

#95 Chibi_Rat, Sep 16, 2015
      Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    16. The only accessory my one doll has is a flower crown. I never buy a lot of accessories because I'd rather have clothes. I do adore the little doll necklaces. :aheartbea