1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How 'alive' do you treat your doll?

Aug 1, 2007

1. ;) I sometime talk to mini moon it depends what mood l'm in.

2. I always talk to inanimate objects or things that won't respond back (like the fish or the cat), and while I find it quite nice to pour out my soul, I know that they're not going to respond to me. It just feels good to talk out loud.

In all honesty, I'm probably a crazy cat person, and would be if my fiance didn't decide "ONE cat, no more!" ... Now I've decided to be a crazy doll person instead, since they don't poop and scratch the furniture. :sweat

3. High five for creepyness!

And I agree with Eks! Ill refer to anything she cant wear to her "not liking it" lol

4. Sometimes if I'm watching television with Edward...and I'm going to go take a shower or something, I'll leave the television on and try to find a program he may like...and leave the remote under his hand just in case he wants to change the channel.

5. That's a good question. I treat them alive by just imagining they are. It's very natural and I don't even realise they are sometimes lol

6. I talk to them when I'm dressing, rewigging, changing eyes or painting. Haven't a clue why but I've always talked to inanimate objects, especially when they're giving me a hard time. My one poor old car I used to encourage when it needed to go up steep hills.

7. I talk to Alec all the time. Then again, I also talk to most inanimate objects, like my computer (and I used to threaten my old printer into working). He also has his own bed, but he sleeps on mine. xD So yeah, I do treat him kind of like he's alive.

8. I just KNOW that when I acquire my boy/boys, they'll be - as I always say - resinfriends. They'll be little "partners in crime". I've already informed my boyfriend that he's to stop me taking them to lectures with me... I mean, my lecturers already think I'm mad, I don't need to give them more fuel, do I?

...Although listening astutely to my supervisor explain the finer details of Chaucer's strong female characters while accompanied by an ernest-looking bespectacled Hound innocently wearing 12th century get-up gets more appealing by the day...

9. I kind of talk to my two Pullip’s like how I do sometimes at my computer ^^; like if it refuses to load or crashes I curse at it "oh now! You decide to load!"
      I do the same with them, but mostly if they wont get into clothes right lol ^_^; or don’t stand properly ^_^;

10. I probably don't treat my dolls as "human" like as I should. I keep redressing them until I find somethign that is perfect for them. I change their wigs and generally will talk to them when I'm working on them. Most of the time they sit on my computer desk and stare at me while I have conversations with them. :)

11. I talk to Soubi when I'm moving her around, repositioning her eyes, taking pictures, etc. xD; And when I'm talking about her, I'll use 'her' and 'she' instead of 'it.' So I guess I almost treat her as if she was alive? :D

12. HA!!:lol: I talk to mine sometimes as if they were alive. Like when I change their clothes or pack them in their case, I say "ok, were going out, see you later...." as if I were talking to a pet Corgi dog. Sweet voiced and all. I even give them a peck on the head when I'm really happy to see them after a long while.:sweat

13. I talk to my dolls all the time. I don't hold huge long conversations, but i do say things to them when getting them dressed, like "OMG, why are you being so difficult, it's just a DRESS!" or "Stop kicking your brother..." Etc.

14. I treat them like dolls. They are very pretty pieces of resin. Nothing more, nothing less.

15. I'm probably the crazy one, but I treat them like they're very alive. They have a soul and a personality to me. I talk to them, kiss them, put them in bed.

No, I don't take medication and yes, I have plenty of real, living friends. xD In the end they're all just pieces of resin. But it's more the character than it is the doll. The doll is simply a shell to hold the souls.

16. They're all treated as if the character I've created for them was real & alive, but I think it's my first BJD - Lucy (Lati Yellow Miel) - who is treated as the most *real*. I'll get her and hold her while watching movies (but only ones that are okay for kids, lol) ... I'll take her places and I call her my spoiled child.

Sure, she is "just a doll" ... but she was my first, I'd fallen for her a long while before I finally took the dive to get her, and she is always going to be my favourite because she is just so *perfect*.

17. I have conversations with my doll. If I'm watching T. V and need to leave the room temporarily I will leave the T. V on if Riku's in the room. One of my weird habits are to tilt his head toward the T. V, Computer, or a book if I'm reading one. Yes, I'm mentally stable too. :sweat I like to think he is more than just an inanimate object. To me his is anyway. :)

18. I do treat them a little bit like they are human. I often find myself apologising if I bump them. I also like to watch TV with them and sometimes I mumble insanely to them. Thats just me though, I mumble away regardless of who or what is in the room.

19. :sweat I've been caught talking to inanimate objects before, so at least this time the object in question will be anthropomorphic. I don't expect responses. When I get a response, I promise to check myself into a mental health clinic. In the meantime, I'm verbally working through ideas, encouraging myself, squashing negative thoughts, etc. It's strangely noisy in my head sometimes. If directing the conversation at a doll helps me focus, I don't see the harm in it.

=========================================
      They're coming to take me away. Ha ha
      They're coming to take me away, Ho ho
      To the funny farm
      Where life is beautiful all the time
      And I'll be glad to see the nice young men
      in their clean white coats
      And they're coming to take me away!;)

20. I talk to them sometimes but then again I talk to my computer, sewing machine and sometime yell at stupid people on tv game shows. I must admit I don't curse at my dolls quite as much as the others. I come from a long line of mutters at inanimate objects. I am keeping the tradition alive.:lol: