1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How 'alive' do you treat your doll?

Aug 1, 2007

1. ARGH!! Double posted!! *FACEPALMS* >__<

2. I read things aloud to Fleur sometimes, or watch shows with her. I happen to be one of those people who talk to everything they have. I comfort/reassure my computer when it's working hard to do something for me, I 'talk' to my plushies and have 'conversations' with my cats. I'm just weird I guess. ^_^;

3. Sure, I talk to Iris sometimes, but it's not like I'm having whole conversations with her. Especially after coming home after a long days of work I like to say a few things and then cuddle up with her in my bed and play some games with her sitting on my shoulder.

Sometimes I feel like I've upset her and that she looks at me differently >.> Am I going insane? ;-;

4. considering I write stories and Role play a LOT it's not unusual for something I consider one of my 'characters' to throw ideas at me. There are times where I have to stop myself when I am about to say "Mamoru says" (Mamoru is my doll)

It's even worse when I've done animations of my doll making him seem more alive. Then it's just like. "Wow...Now I know why I love him so much~"

Do I think it's weird? Yes. ^-^ Do I care? no. Because my mom is a writer. And understands it when I tend to talk about my 'characters' as if they were real people.

5. I talk to EVERYTHING! My computer, my goldfish, my piano, my My Little Ponies etc... Especially my computer, I call him Rabscuttle. I don't think talking to my doll will be any different. I don't expect to hold long one-sided conversations with him, just comments here and there, along with everything else hehe

6. I carry mine around, babble at them, and they're usually watching tv/sitting with me. Hell, they even interact with my cat (he likes sleeping on their feet) so they really are members of the family!

7. This is a great thread <3 I talk to Yuki..but not really in front of people. Sometimes I'll be like "Yuki wants to go here.." or "Yuki thinks.."..kinda like he has his own emotions..but I don't carry out full length conversations with him. He is part of my family, as far as I'm concerned <3 I also make him dance to songs when we're in the car. It's fun. ^_^

8. Celeste and Drystan give me annoyed/hurt/angry looks when they get tossed out of their favorite chair (which happens to be in front of the computer a lot hmmmmm).

9. I don't actually hold conversations with my doll, but I say things occasionally while I ruffle his hair and such. I talk to him the way I talk to my pet fish and froggies (and even some t shirts....-_-;;). Cute, mindless babble XD

10. I tend to make comments to "things", anyway, so speaking to my dolls doesn't seem weird, when in context with my "normal" life. :sweat I pat them a lot, too...usually on the head, and often just greet them in some way, like, "Hello, sweetie", in a talk-to-a-pet voice. Hubby just smiles... So I find myself saying things to them....and they never reply. *shrug* I've caught some amused looks - especially from Grimm - but in general they seem to just humor me, and wait to talk amongst themselves when I'm not around. (no, I don't really believe that) (wait, maybe I do...) ;)

11. I reckon I'll talk to my doll(s) I haven't got any yet but I talk to my dogs and they dont have a clue what I'm on about, I also think it sometimes helps to say things out loud, like solving problems or learning things (spesh other languages) so yeah, I'll probably use my dolls as a diary that doesn't remember... better them hear me moan on and on about my problems than anyone else I guess :sweat

12. I most definitely talk to Cain, though I don't have "conversations" back and forth with him. He doesn't eat or anything, but he gets to be dressed and tucked into bed each night, etc. :) Of course, this will change, probably, once the other boys get here, simply because I don't have rooms for beds for them all. :(!

Edit: Of course, Cain gives me angry looks sometimes, and he'll look bored or tired or sad or happy. So .. I believe he's alive regardless. :XD:

13. It varies, for me. I've had lots of dolls, and some of them are easier to treat as human than others (I recently thinned my collection from 8 to 4).

Most of the time, I treat my dolls with a certain amount of human consideration. I handle them in a manner that does not lead to twisted limbs or disjointed posing, I never leave them nude (unles it fits the character) and I try to keep them tidy and comfortable. I also frequently buy them little odds and ends as 'presents', and I do talk to them sometimes (although not that much.)

At the end of the day, I do not think they are alive or have souls. But if they did, I would want them to think well of me. ^_-

14. I mostly make comments to my doll. It's hardly a conversation just because he never talks back.

As far as how "alive" I treat my doll... It probably sounds crazy, but I can't go to bed without tucking my doll into his bed. For example I can't just leave him posing around all day and night. Usually I wake him up take him out of bed, put him in some lounging pose (sometimes he reads a book), and tuck him into bed before I sleep. I feel like I have some issues ^^

15. Hmm... I don't even have a doll yet but I have spoken to other people's dolls. There's always alot of "You are so beautiful~" going on when I'm meeting doll owners and their dolls. So, I suppose I'll coo even more to my own. :sweat

16. I find myself talking to Heavenlea more, as I spend more time with her and get to know her better. Not necessarily out loud, but a sort of semi-vocal, semi-telepathic communication ;) We sit at the computer together and watch television together and I'll tell her about my day at work. She pretends to be interested :D

So, in other words, I don't think it's odd at all. One of the things I've found endearing about my fellow collectors is how differently we all interact with our dolls.

17. i don't have my own BJD yet, but i do occasionaly talk to my friend's BJD. He has a hound dollshe w/ half opened eyes. which gives him a very sarcastic look. so i'm always either asking him not to look at me...or appologizing to him

18. :lol: That's the best!

19. hee-hee, i can't wait until i finaly get my BJD ^^. it's going to be fun having Yukiko(my BJD soon XD still need to order her parts...) and Akira(my friends doll) and what ever other BJDs my friend has managed to adopt, together.:lol:

20. funny enough I'm the only one in my family that DOESN'T hold whole conversations XD My brother actually talks to Hoshi about women problems and keeps asking Hoshi when his g/f is comming to live with us.

I give Hoshi "snacks" when I get sweets for myself usually and I baby talk to him sometimes x x but both of this things are done rarely. I do refer to him as a real person in conversations, mostly because I've always thought of my chars as being real so doll or not that hasn't really changed.

I do believe he acts on his own at times. He doesn't like the color black so whenever I put him in it his arm always flings down and smacks me as if to say "NO!" XD