1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How 'alive' do you treat your doll?

Aug 1, 2007

1. I understand ^^ I close by myself at my job, and I find myself holding mental conversations with in-animate objects. It keeps me entertained XD I get so bored their by myself!

But yeah, I don't go sar far as other people do with my doll. I treat her like a doll really. I don't go around talking to her around other people, or acting as if she is sentient in any way. I treat her just like a very expensive toy. Cause that's essentially just what she is (IMO).

2. Well hum... I speak to her, calls her by her name (even my friends refers to her as Lola), I sleep with her....

3. Not very alive. xD I talk to them but in the same way as I would with any inanimate objects. I just like them more.

4. Wow. Then it's like he's part of the family X3 That's so sweet :)

5. I find myself talking to her. :sweat I talk to myself anyway, and since I've gotten a pet rat I've been talking out loud even more. Now that my doll's showed up, I end up talking with her too. Just about little things like what she might want to wear or things that concern her.Not always vocally, but sometimes I do end up talking out loud to her.

I treat her as if she had a personality, because due to whatever factors she does seem to have a personality. The way she's strung causes her to move oddly at times, and when she wears her pink wig it makes her look like she's smiling, which makes me think she likes it more. It's probably just because the colour matches her lips which brings out the slight curved edge in the faceup, but it's a nice illusion and makes me bond with her more.

She's shaped like a person, so I like to treat her like one, at least to a degree.

My mum came in and asked her if she was all right the first night I was home, which was the first time she'd been dressed and handled properly since the doll-napping incident :x. Apparently she had seemed quite pissed off before then, but now she's been pretty much all smiley with me. It was nice to see my family bonding with her like I was.

6. Since I got Lucian, I haven't talked to him much, except for the occasional, "You're so pretty," or "I'll get you a new wig soon," or what have you. Like most people here, I do have a tendency to talk to myself/inanimate objects :3 But I haven't as much with him *shrugs*

I have taken to sitting him in my lap while I'm on the computer (about 90% of the time >_>), or laying him beside me on the bed ^_^;; I don't actually sleep with him, though

I don't believe he's real, he is just a doll in the end. But I always have treasured special objects. For example, I had a stuffed lion named Lionel when I was younger than I absolutely adored...(I still have him somewhere, actually...). I'd take him everywhere with me, especially on trips, and cuddle with him when I went to bed.

So, yeah, I definitely treasure him ^_^ He might not be alive, but he's special.

7. I talk to my cats...
      I don't think I'll be making the leap of talking to inanimate objects anytime soon. I think my roommates might have in intervention if if did O_O

8. well other than the rping factor, I treat my dolls as just that, they're dolls. Whereas I refer to Natsuo as 'he' instead of an 'it' and I can't tell you how many times I've cursed at him while trying to dress him or put shoes on.

and whereas I say this because they are just dolls they DO develop their own personalities. I put Natsuo in this dress that was just a mess of lace and frills and he looked so unbeliveably cranky I couldn't stop laughing.

9. Well I've noticed that I treat my dolls like I treat my cat, I'll walk up to my sd and give her a pat on the head and annouce how cute she is. If she almost has a fall I'll catch her in time and say "whew, your okay". Although when im changing her shoes, clothes or fixing her wig, I'll find myself smiling while singing, "Oh my darling Clementine" to her, my boyfriend teases me about this :blush

But otherwise besides telling them how cute they are, I don't really talk to the dolls, I think I talk to my laptop more then anything exspecially if im playing wow.

10. I know they are not alive. Honest.
      That said...I do talk to them...like scolding them if I am changing their clothes and they get kicky. I tell them how pretty they look. But then again, I talk to my little parrot, and my lizard, and my canaries, and my husband..........:D

11. I treat Rel as a person. I talk to her sometimes, ask for her opinions, etc. I dont like it when people refer to her as an object.. it just seems rude. I mean, I don't go prancing in to their house and call their children 'objects.'

12. I dunno. I havent bonded with my doll much, i'm kinda sckeptical about the mold I chose now... But then again he has no hair, no cothes and no permenant face so I guess i'll wait a while and see. For now, I dont talk to him, I'll say little things like 'Sorry love' if I knock him over (and only when no one else is around) but thats all really.

13. Me, being very odd and all, talk to everything and anybody like close family. I probably will do the same with my doll, maybe getting even worse. XD

14. I think I pretty much treat them like real people. I KNOW they're dolls, but they have such unique personalities. It's not far off since I talk to my pets, but I'm also a writer and I have a big imagination, so I think that may be one of the reasons my dolls seem so alive- they are characters that I've molded and thus have a special place in my heart.

I usually make little comments here and there, but I babble on with Adonis about little things- even arguments!XD I think it's a pretty good way to get things off my chest when I have too much work to do. It's comforting to have my dolls when I study for university as well; I treat them like real people. Sure, I live at home with my family, so it's not that I talk to them out of loneliness. It's because I love their characters and it helps me to develop them through interaction. AND I enjoy it. :)

15. I'm glad I'm not the only one who treats my doll as a person :sweat

I had Alyce sitting on my bed watching T.V last night while I did my homework and messed around on the computer. heh.
      I can't help it, she's so real to me. I even talk to her about important things, I suppose it just helps me sort out my problems.

16. Lol, not very much, I admit. To me, they are simply another way of expressing my creativity; a tool, if you will. Characters for stories that I like to write about or make pretty pictures for. But do I actually go around talking to them? No. I personally feel that in the end they are still just dolls.

17. Convos? I like talking to myself :d. [Some one said its a sign of genious. Or was it insanity? xD]
      Resindollies are very understanding, plus they are great listeners. [Or at least they are more feckin' understandin' than most people.:|]
      I treat my doll with respect. When I was little I used to think dolls had feelings. [Maybe it was because of Toy story xD] I still sort of do that now, but to an extent.

18. I think it went 'Talking to yourself is a sign of intelligence, answering, however, is a sign of insanity'. ^_~

19. Haha :lol:

I for one already talk to many things that I am closely attached to in a way that is perhaps into the realms of eccentricity. If my computer starts acting unusually, I frequently try to reason with it, rationally and out loud. I also have conversations at times with my rats and mice. No doubt, when my boy Aeon arrives, he will only exacerbate my habit ;) Still, I'm not hurting anyone, right? :)

20. I talk to my Blythes when I feel like it, I tell them sweet words (like mummy to baby thing) "hey cutie" or if they're looking extra cute, I'll tell them how gorgeous they look. :aheartbea Nothing else, apart from that. :D

alana_kai, I also try to reason with my computer if it's not acting properly and it's giving me a hard time. >.< I say to it "C'mon, you damn thing, work!" or "would you please stop doing that, I'm trying to read something" LOL Maybe the second phrase, I say it more mentally than out loud but I do also swear (at a reasonable extent) at my computer/screen if it's having problems. :lol: