1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Big is Too Big?

Apr 8, 2008

1. Around 70cm is my favourite size. They feel substantial and you get a lot of detail in their clothes and accessories. That said, this is also about as big as I'd ever want to own. Even at this size, my dolls start getting hard to transport and store. I'd love to see a Dollmore Trinity in person as an experience, but not to own.

2. It's a funny question because it really depends on each person! I have friends with those huge dollmore dolls that are the size of children. I can't even fathom lugging one of those around. However, even minifees and other dolls around 45cm are starting to push my size limits. I don't think I could personally own a doll larger, despite the fact that there are so many gorgeous larger dolls that I wish for. They would just sit forlornly on my shelf.

I think it has a lot to do with the weight though. My friend's MSD is significantly heavier than mine and I would hate to carry him around. Too heavy puts me off instantly.

3. I've always been a "bigger is better!" person.

That being said, I sometimes feel that my Iplehouse EID is almost too much doll. He's heavy and hard to manage well. But then, I go and look at the Leeel website and think of how nice it would be to sew for a 90cm man, and how marvelous it would be to use child-size furniture and accessories for him. Then I think about how lonely he would be, and I would probably have to get him a friend.

I'd really love a 90cm boy, I suppose. XD I'd have to make him a perfect sitting area, though, to make up for the lack of others in his size.

4. I think 90cm is a tad overkill, with fantasy parts i can understand but unless the character is a gaint when it a human, that is just way to big >.>

5. For me, 60cm is ideal, but I wouldn't mind getting a 70cm-ish doll. Anything bigger than that I wouldn't want unless I go full 1:1 on it, which even then I'd hesitate on.

6. As big as big gets!
      The bigger, the better!
      Should there be a doll (or a doll bust) that go beyond human size, I'm afraid I'll bankrupt and beggar myself getting it. =_=

7. I think MSD is the largest size without intimidating me. Maybe soon 60cm will grow on me.

8. 75cm+ is way too big for me. I do love large dolls and I'd pretty much would only have large dolls, maybe some MSD, but I don't want anything too gigantic. I want something I can actually hold and manage. I also don't like the bulk that those gigantic dolls come with.

There is a BJD that's a lot taller than me. I think it's about 5'9, it's a Magical Angel Iris.

9. For now, when I think about it, it seems I don't have a limit for doll's size at all. I own 11 cm to 80 cm bjd and all of them are ok. And I guess a Dollmore's Trinity size won't be bad either, unless it is in 1:1 scale. That would be too big.:XD:

10. I wouldn't go bigger than ~70cm I'm only 5ft myself so I feel anything bigger would become ungainly for me.

11. I think 65cm is as big as I'd go! I like the SID and EID Iplehouse girls, and I think that's big enough for me. I'm very disturbed by the life sized bjds! o_O I don't know where I'd put a doll that was 90cm. Or even 70cm. My 58cm girls are taking up a lot of bedroom real estate right now!

12. I'm pretty sure 65cm is the largest I'd go. I've seen and handled several 70cm dolls before, and they're much too large and heavy for me to handle comfortably. :'D Granted, I still think it'll be nice to have a larger doll, but they would most likely just act as display piece in my bedroom. :sweat

13. SD dolls are big for me I think... (I haven't any though)
      70 cm is almost a half of my height and this idea doesn't leave my mind XD short sd and msd is the biggest size for me I think :)

Отправлено с моего GT-I9300 через Tapatalk