1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Clean are Your Dolls?

Jan 25, 2010

1. My boys are pretty clean, I'd think.
      I always have a piece of magic eraser with me if they're coming with, just in case they get any marks on them. I thoroughly clean them once every one or two months, because they do get dirty from photoshoots, dark clothing, or just being handled.
      As for storage, they usually stay on their sofa which is on my dresser. Even with the curtains open on a sunny day, they don't get any UV rays (I checked with these UV sensor things I got for a science project). I keep their clothing in a cabinet, hung up on miniature hangers. Each doll has a section with clothes. Their shoes, socks, and accessories are kept on shelves under that.
      I'm not always the most organized person, but when it comes to my dolls, everything has its place.

2. My first doll used to be the dirties because the inside of his head cap was so darn dirty, but I cleaned him the other day and gave him a new faceup so all is well. I care to not touch my doll's resin too much because of the oiliness of my own skin. As for their daily grooming of their wig, they have really pretty wigs that aren't too frizzy.

3. Honestly, pretty dirty by what I think is normal standards. XD;
      Chipped faceups, black marks on my boy's legs, pencil marks here and there...Two of them, my normal skin boy and my white skin girl are already yellowing, but I don't mind in the slightest.~ Not that I -try- to get them dirty or anything, but if it happens, it happens, you know? *shrug* Wigs get brushed with my hands or a barbie brush. I've got two cats and two dogs, and if they get fur on the clothes, they'll just get wiped off with my hands or thrown in the washer. I do clean shoes though, if they wear them, which isn't often. XD; They stay on top of my bookcase, but I lug them all over the place so they don't really have a chance to get dirty. I have no idea where their boxes are, and I wouldn't put them inside them, anyways. ON the rare chance I take one to a meet up, I'll use the old mother way of cleaning, a licked thumb. The world won't end if my dolls are messy. 8D

4. My girl lives on a shelf, though I should put it on the same wall as the window so she doesn't get sun on her legs. I rub her down with a damp paper towel (not the printed kind) when she's dirty, take a Q-tip to the insides of her joints. California gets dusty. Magic erase cubes for when my manicure rubs off on her legs. (gah! I was so freaked out the first time that happened!)

5. I think my doll is clean, but usually I'll be undressing him for the first time in months, and it'll go something like "ZOMG GET ME A MAGIC ERASER WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!?!" XD

6. Honestly...>.> My dolls tend to sit naked on a shelf over my desk. It must be the artist in me fighting it's way out but I just love the sculptural quality of their bodies. Anyway, to clean them I generally run a soft, clean and slightly damp rag over them. Although I've never noticed them being particularly dusty, I tend to move them around in different poses throughout the day.

7. Twylight, that's why I love them naked so much, lolz. Also why I love my Machina, as she does not wear clothes.

8. I need to order some magic erasers :0
      I was changing my boy's clothes the other day to take some nude pictures, but I had to scrap that plan to instead sit for an hour and a half rubbing black stains off of his butt cheeks.

9. i usually keep my doll in my wardrobe, or in his box. he gets dusty sometimes, but i generally wash his clothes often enough that it isn't that bad. and well, due to my own anal-ness about clean clothes, he rarely goes out without getting a wipe down with a magic sponge after that. so i'll say...relatively clean. :D

10. I keep my dolls outside, always, the only time they do get placed in their box is when I'm moving. How do I keep them clean? Well I clean them every week on Saturdays. Using a nice soft cloth and using pure water to wipe them down and dry them with yet another soft cloth *that should be dry*

11. My doll picks up dust and lint from pretty much everything. I'm kinda okay with that, though...I'm not trying to keep her pristine.

12. some are out sitting on my desk or some other pose. some are in the box. i pretty much change clothes sometimes and dust them off with wind xD they've never touched water i think :o

13. Impeccably clean <A> I'm pretty AR about my doll things. Every item is packed away neatly in sealed bags or boxes, kept from sunlight. I clean my doll regularly [unstring, de-coat, wash, dry inside and out] and recoat him with MSC when it needs to be done. He's kept in his box or carrier or a place with no light until I play with him. I use gloves when I touch him <A>;;;;; I can't stand for any marks or stains. Even inside his headcap and stuff;;;

14. clean enough, Phie more so than Orelda, I think, both my girls (being 1/6) live on my desk for the most part.
      once I had a panic moment where a soda exploded all over them/me/my computer/everything but it actually cleaned up really easily XD

15. Quite clean~ I clean my Dolls every month with a magic sponge (well not the face). I always have them out, 'cause the boxes are at my grandma's house. They're sitting on a small bench most of the time. The room has never seen real sunlight, so no danger for my dollies ^-^ (the room's faced north). Sometimes some new clothes stain, anf that quite bothers me, but with that sponge everything gets away.

16. Really, I don't remember the last time I cleaned my dolls... or if I've ever done it.

I keep them on my shelf for the most part, and if I do take them out I make sure they don't get dirty. Of course, I don't let them end up covered in dust or pet hair, so I guess they're clean in that sense.... but even without wiping them off with soap & water, they don't have any marks on them or anything. I just take very good care of my dolls. ^^;

17. I do take care of stains ASAP...but then again, I leave my doll in the same staining clothes for days. And ideally, I do know that her eyes at least are dusty (never took them out, because I have only one pair), and I should probably take them out and clean the dust off...

18. My dolls are quite clean. Some dust maybe, but that's pretty much it. If they get dirty I normally clean them afterwards.

19. My dolls - barring the two MSD sized - spend most of their time in their boxes. I always clean off stains immediately and since I tend to store them naked, if I see any specks of dust or fluff from clothes they've worn I'll wipe them down before putting them away. There's usually at least one doll out for a few days or longer but again, once they get packed away, I'll take their clothes off and wipe them if they need it. The smaller dolls might be more liable to dust but they too get changed and one of them is going to get completely taken apart, bathed and restrung soon.

20. To me it's no fun having these beautiful dolls if I can't look at them. My dolls are on my desk so I see them all the time.

My sister bought a plastic display case for her DD before it even arrived - but then she has cats and didn't want them rubbing up against it, scratching at the clothes or knocking it over!