1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Clean are Your Dolls?

Jan 25, 2010

1. Half of my collection sits on a shelf while the others are in my armoire.

The taller boys and a couple Dollfie Dream sit outside but I hope to get an enclosed display soon.

2. I have a doll couch on a little shelf in my apartment. That is their own spot, just for them! They are kept in a darker area to prevent yellowing. As for cleanliness: I have a few pen marks on only one of my dolls. I used her for making some sewing patterns. They are barely noticeable, and I need to give her a good small scrub to get that off. Other than that, all are mark free and dust free.

I mess around with them often and make sure they always look nice. Friends and family enjoy seeing them as display pieces!

3. I'm tempted to buy some acrylic sealer and some acrylic from Tap Plastics and cut myself a display case so I don't have to worry about dust. She's mostly clean but I want to display her without worrying about dusting because it plays with my sinuses something real fierce.

They even have some nice mirrored acrylic I could use for the back, it'd be really pretty. Though the cost is somewhat prohibitive atm...

4. Not that clean. I had an awkward moment a few weeks ago where I had my dirty littlefee next to a brand new just-out-of-the-box Minifee and that's when I realised how much in need of a spongebath they are ^^;;

Since I'm crafting a lot for them at the moment they are quite dirty! Once I finished all the outfits/shoes/wigs/parts for a certain doll I will clean them before getting them dressed.

5. None of mine are dirty, but the ones that are out on display to get a little dusty. I frequently don't notice until I start taking photos and look at the close-ups! :lol:

6. I mean.... I would hope my dolls are clean since I only have two so that leaves me with more time to take care of them. Plus, I haven't had them for long so I would like to think that I keep them nice and clean.

I never take them out of my room unless I am going outside and I never set them on anything dirty or that could possibly get them dirty.

7. I'm really paranoid about keeping my doll clean she is kept in her box for now.
      I'm worried that if I keep her out, she will get really dusty and then it will ruin her faceup. I don't even like touching her face!

First time bjd collecter here guys, please tell me if I'm being too paranoid. :)

8. My dolls are generally pretty clean, however they do get dusty, because mostly they sit out on a shelf when I'm not taking one to the desk with me :) whenever I play with them I tend to dust them off and clean them up a bit, and every now and then I like to give them a more thorough cleaning, and disassemble a doll or two for a bath and air dry ~ I actually find it really satisfying to clean them like this :aheartbea and I think they seem happier after getting so much attention, haha!

9. I try and keep my dolls clean, but they definitely do get dusty! They are currently in a display case and some of the ones I don't mess with as often have gotten a bit dusty in the past... However, since moving into the new display case they seem to be a lot less dusty. YAY!

I used to keep all of my dolls in their boxes everytime I wasn't using them... But, I really like having them on display (why spend so much money if you can't show them off!) so I don't mind dusting every now and again!

10. My dolls are either kept in my glass display cabinet or in their boxes and as I don't handle them very much they are in very good clean condition. I do regularly inspect them for stains and do clean the ones in my cabinet from time to time from dust as some specks do get in there. But yeah cleaning maintenance for my BJD's isn't too bad, it doesn't take up too much time.

11. My dolls are pretty clean but I do have one that has a mark on her leg. I've never attempted to take a Bjd apart let alone give one a bath.