1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How come this site is called Den of Angels?

Jan 16, 2006

1. harhar, DoA ALSO stands for Dead or Alive... a kind of scanty video game involving girls in skimpy oufits either beating each other to a pulp or playing volleyball.

XD So when I see it I think of CP Maturebody Girls bouncing around with a volleyball. XD

2. That's just their sub-title. Like where yours says "senior member". You can go into your user CP and change it to whatever you like. ^_^
      Obviously this person wishes to be banned.

3. No, they have been banned. You're viewing a historical post.

4. Haha, I thought of Dead or Alive too xD We should make a Stop Motion parody of DOA The Game.

5. Oh good! I like your answer better then! XD

6. I love the forum name it's a cute one!

Den of Angels sounds really cute to me, but I joined so long ago I can't remember what I thought when I first read it. Probably just I don't hear the word 'den' very often. I like how it's a kinda rare word so, for me at least, it only refers to this place.

7. XD me too! the penalty of being a gamer..XD

when I push the bouncing, resin boobies(which is really not possible but would be kind of cool if it was..)aside, Den of Angels is a really sweet name ^^ it sounds cosy, and sweet, and is a compliment to our dolls(calling them angels..)*loves it*

8. You know, for a troll, they really suck. All they did was get us on an interesting, on-topic conversation. (F-!)

Den of Angels is a sweet name, even if it is mistranslated.
      I guess a lot of things in this hobby are mistranslated, which only adds to the name's charm. (I still remember finding Shiratori on Y!J for the first time and the name coming up as "captain angel swan" and me being all wth?)

9. xD! I've gotten some really fun translations when I've tried to translate Y!J stuff with freetranslations.com or babelfish or whatever. I saved one of my favorites:

"Rare VOLKS DOLL with eyes of fish kind. Wig size for doll. Face is by water and make it come all together. If by ground, is price When in country."

I love the name Den of Angels, it's sweet and flows nicely off the tongue =3

10. When I first heard about DoA, I thought... Den of Angels???

Awesome! :)

To me, it sounded wicked (in a good way). I thought it was a really good name for a site about dolls and the people who post about them.

I still love the name.

11. DOA - Dead or Alive, it is a very interesting game with huge boobed girls ^^
      DOA can mean a lot of things... In many lenguages... it is all about coincidence XD

12. I like the name Den of Angels better than Angel's Nest, even if that is the Volks translation. Dens make me think of a place that provides help for newbies, and a nice place for people to enjoy a hobby/each others company. That and rabbits XD Nests make me think about birds being pushed out when they should be able to fly. o.O Not terribly inviting mental image for me X3

13. From Yesterday, 10:27 PM? That was the datestamp on that post as of right now...Not terribly historical, methinks. :) He/she/it just changed their subtitle, I'm guessing, to try to stir up an arguement. Funny thing is, it became an intelligent discussion instead...that'll show 'em to mess with the forum <G>

14. They posted it late last night and were banned shortly after.

15. Given that Fyredancer is a mod, I think she'd know whether or not someone was banned. :oops:

16. >.>;;; Japanese-english dictionaries suck :D*

An accurate translation might be "A place created by animals to live in" guessing on what the given dictionary translation is. Or it might not have the slant of "created by" and may just be "A place where animals live".

A lot of Japanese-English dictionaries give one-word translations, which are NOT accurate! I think this explains some "Engrish", because some engrish you can translate back into japanese and it makes sense.

Like "Kirei" means "pretty" according to my Jap I textbook. Yet, it also means "clean". Because pretty things are clean. They have other words that have different shades of meaning to talk about beautiful or good-looking. But most people learn just the one "this word = this" type translations.

Den of Angels actually IS an accurate translation, as it is straight from the dictionary, just a different one than chosen by Volks. I would assume they chose "Nest" as that is the dwelling of a bird, and Angels have wings. You just as easily call it "The Place that Angels Dwell".

*disclaimer: Not a fluent Japanese speaker >.>;

17. Gotcha...normally when people refer to historical post, they're referring to something that was old and had gotten resurrected...this obviously didn't fit that.

I'm curious, though...since we can change those subtitles, couldn't *anyone* put the word "banned" in there if they wanted to? How can one tell if someone is truly banned or not? It's not in a different color or anything, it looks just like all the other subtitles. Or will it not allow you to use certain words in the subtitle area.

18. Since I'm a child of the 80's, if I think of "Dead or Alive," I think of a band!! (They're the ones who most famously did the "you spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round" . . . ack, did I actually have those lyrics MEMORIZED? Indeed I did!)

-- A ;>

19. Yep, they could, but wouldn't they be, in effect, 'asking for it'? Someone who writes "Banned" under their username obviously doesn't care very much if they DO get banned.

-- A (down with trolls!)

20. I, too, love the juxtaposition of the bestial and the heavenly...that a den is where animals (often violent ones, like wolves and jackals) live and that this place is a kind of hole in the earth where heavenly creatures live--it's just SUCH a great image.