1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Did You Decide Size?

Apr 9, 2007

1. I'm just a large doll person. I probably will never get a small doll. I'd rather have one large doll than several small ones, and I can't say why except I like the larger dolls. Some of my dolls are 32" tall (actually 6 of them are) and take up a lot of room, but I just love them and enjoy them every day :D

Ingie

2. The first dolls I met were Kittymaru's CPs, and I was impressed with the size and weight of them. I guess I just like larger dolls, and the greater detail that they can have. And when I started looking at getting a doll for myself, I liked a lot of the molds, but the only ones I could really picture myself owning were the very realistic ones, and most of the smaller sizes are much more stylized.

3. I wanted a child doll, and I fell for Yo-SD's... Of course they were a little too expensive for me... So I got really discourages, and then I found Petite Ai's and I'm in love :) I'm a small person (5'1, 95 lbs), and I wanted something mini sized or smaller... And then I just fell for Petite Ai's

4. I'm just going with what looks good to me.. And that's the size I'll get. lol.. :sweat

I mostly only pay attention to the head, the body is second.. Although, I do prefer a more adult looking body. (Especially with girl dolls)

5. I wanted a smaller doll so I could make a space for it to live in my tiny room but not so small sewing clothes was frustrating. It turns out that msd is just what I needed.

6. When I first got into BJDs, SD13 was the oldest available at the time. I didn't want her to be too young or too mature looking so SD was the perfect size for me. Plus most of the pretty dresses on Y!J are SD sized.

7. I haven't gotten my doll yet but I already know most of them will be large SD sized if not all. At the time I figured if I'm paying so much for a doll I might as well get the biggest so I can cuddle them the best.

8. The dolls I had as a child tended to be about 14" and I like that size. Easy for me to dress and change wigs so I chose an MSD as my first bjd. I have several little child dolls as well and I like them too. I don't really feel comfortable with the larger dolls although I may get one at some time. Barb. (in L.A.)

9. You saved me a post.

If I wasn't going to sew for them, there are a couple of MSDs that are very pretty, but I, too, like the more mature SDs ... so by process of elimination, that's where I'm going.

10. ever since becoming acquainted with the bjd fandom i've been a fan of the larger dolls. yeah the thought of waking up and just seeing a person almost as tall as half of my leg laying there(or even freakier, standing at the foot of my bed staring at me) is somewhat unnerving but being a rather tall person myself i prefer taller dolls ^^; i don't have anything against mini's or tiny's but i like me some big dolls ha ha

11. Well, my first boy was a DoD Wi, who's MSD-sized. I just got him because I liked the face, and I'd seen MSD's before and was alright with the size.

But after that I got to cuddle on an SD, so that's why I bought Aneirin (CH Chamomile)...I bought Tali and Seine more or less right after him and they're SD sized...

Then I ended up with two tinies (of different proportions) to be kids for Aneirin and my DoD Wi boy, Kelyn...

...So...I guess part of choosing size was comfort level, and part was character influenced.

12. I was going to try for a MSD, but it was the face of SDG Carol that did me in, and for a while I was kind of afraid of her size, and that I would break her.

But after getting smaller dolls, I appreciate my Carol's size even more because she feels like she is just the perfect size.

If you have smaller dolls your family won't look freakish while sitting or standing together, if they all get along. Its really sweet how protrective the lareger dolls look with the smaller ones.

Now I just need to get my hands on a SD guy ! :sneaky

13. I seem to like MSD size molds more in general, but there are a few SD size molds I like. MSD are just more to my liking and are lighter in weight from what I've heard. Plus they are less expensive so it easier for me to buy them. Out of my 5 wish list, only one is SD size.

14. i decided on MSDs cos i liked the size, weight, transportability, price XD
      not to say i won't get a SD sixed doll in the future but i'm loving my minis for now ^^

15. I looked at the dimensions of some of the SD boys, pulled out a tape measure and went "o_____o". Then I looked at the size of a MSD and went "^_____^". Then I found Mini Fees and went "O_O MINE!" So now I'm saving up for a MNF El with a Shiwoo on the back burner. I'm not completely ruling out the possibility of an SD boy someday, they're gorgeous and there's nicer clothes for that size, but I'd like to meet one in person first if possible. I'm only 5'3" to begin with and 60+cm just seems excessive and a little scary to me.

Also, seeing as I'm in Theatre I may end up traveling to get work, Minis would be so much easier to take along with me than a big SD.

16. Because at the time, btssb outfits only came in SD size...

Ok, so thats not REALLY the reason (sounded good though)

I decided on my first doll (SD girl) based on what doll I just liked the most. (In fact size didn't even matter).
      I have a tiny now also (leeke..so a larger tiny) and she's adorable..but I just like how solid the bigger dolls feel..i'm afraid i'm always going to break the little ones.

So now I have 2 SD sized dolls (volks and cp el) and a tiny. (lol)

17. I had a ridiculously mathematical process.:XD: My pair are based on Ichigo and Rukia from Bleach, and the author gave their "official" heights as 174 and 144cm respectively. So I calculated how tall the dolls would have to be based on those, and it worked out roughly that Rukia would be MSD-size and Ichigo a short SD-size. I was very, VERY lucky that I was able to find sculpts that I love on top of the perfect heights.:3

18. I've had both SD-sized dolls and MSD-sized dolls, and... SDs are just more.. cuddly. I love their comforting weight, they slump into the crook of my arm so nicely, and they are the perfect size to hold. I just prefer them overall. I just sold my last MSD-sized doll, and I doubt I'll get another in the near future. But I can't make any promsies to myself in THAT department, due to those darned Unoas... Who knows. Overall, I prefer SD size.

19. I wanted a nice big doll I could carry, but not a doll too big, that ruled out 70cms. Also 45cm dolls are almost as expensive as 60cm dolls and so are the clothes, I figured if I were going to pay alot for a doll i'd get one a good size. Hench I have 57cm doll.

20. XD well I'm always into things that are opposite (usually in appearance) to me. I love SDs, b/c I dunno...they're big! XD And I"m really short and tiny lol.