1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Did You Decide Size?

Jun 23, 2011

1. For right now, I only have my eyes on msd.
      But who knows, I might but some other sizes in the future! :)

2. I really like my MSD, but I have a hard time imagining how an SD would compare. I ended up choosing an MSD model because it fit the character, but so far I feel like the size is a good fit for me - not too big, not too small.

3. I look at proportion a lot so the scales in BJD were a bit confusing to me at first. A Yo-SD is considered the same scale as a Barbie? No way!
      My favorite doll is a slim mini so that's a good carrying size for me and she wanted a gang of hybrid companions so how could I say no? But to make clothes, I almost always prefer my SD and larger dolls, honestly. Even then, I tend to avoid things like real buttonholes.

4. I wanted the size that would be easier to paint and sew for

Bigger will be easier

The biggest dolls like the doll more I don't like the look too much child in appearance and I don't like to carry that size it is like carrying toddler no thx

Also the popular size is 1/3 and 1/4 on eBay and etsy

1/4 is too difficult for me so I buy the 1/3 size as my final decision because easiest to make things for and easy to shop because standard size

5. I like the MSDs better, mainly because I feel there's a lot more variety and they have the same proportions as SDs just baby sized:kitty2 The only sad thing is when I see a really cute SD doll but it's either out of my price range or not made in MSD form :( like the Juri 2005, I know about the Juri 2008 but there's a difference in their eyes

6. I started with SD and going to stick with it. Guess, it's because I don't like children.

7. Depends on how much space I have :) Not a lot of space at the moment so I stick to smaller dolls :)

8. in a beginning preferred the size MSD by the fact that they were more comfortable, the perfect size for me neither very big nor very small, but now I only buy SD for the simple fact that in the case of the boys according to my perception there is much more variety , are more masculine and they don't have children's faces, in the case of girls both msd and SD there is variety but not to disentangle I prefer everyone in the same size :thumbup

9. For the most part, I didn't. If I loved their sculpt, I got them regardless of size. My first boy is huge (70cm) while my girl is 37cm. The Feeple I'll have soon is 60cm. Large dolls are nice but the only problem I face is displaying them properly. I guess I don't really think about whether it's going to be convenient for me or not, haha.

10. Agree with the previous comment ^

I got a SD at first, then a YOSD and now a Lati. They seem to be shrinking in size :lol:

But I love every single one of them. Size isn't a deciding factor for me I guess. If I like the sculpt, I'll buy it.

11. I used a fabric measure to get an idea of how large the dolls will be and then from there I decided what size of doll I wanted. just so you know my first doll is an SD.

12. I got no choice. I only want two sculpts. She only comes in one size and he is available in the same size.

13. I started out with msd, and then collected only yosd and smaller. I kept thinking about SD (so many gorgeous sculpts), so I got one to try it out. I'm glad I tried SD, as now I know that I don't like the weight and the elastics are too difficult for me to work with. I do have two vinyl SD dolls, but will stay with msd and smaller.

14. I starded with MSD, In my opinion, MSD is a nice size, it isn't so big or so small, it's just ok! And we can buy her a lot of clothes in comparation with YOSD.

15. My first doll was an SD size, just incidentally. I saw him and it was love at first sight. Personally, I prefer SD (or larger) dolls, though they do take up a lot of space!

16. The sculpt is definitely where I start! I prefer SD since they seem the most versatile (wigs, clothes, shoes, etc.) to me and I am currently only interested in one MSD. MSD will probably be the smallest I go since I am not keen on tiny BJDs. I am not sure if I would want a 70+ cm BJD either. If the sculpt is jaw-dropping, I will be a bit more flexible in terms of size.

17. Like most people I regard the SDs most versatile, so I mostly own those, but I always try to keep an msd for the travelling/meet purposes ;) YoSDs just don't work for me at all. Finding cool clothes, versatilve sculpts and in-scale shoes is a nightmare. I guess the msds are the easiest when it comes to finding nice clothes and sds when it comes to shoes and wigs ;) Also, the bigger dolls are easier to faceup ;)

18. For me I don't like small dolls. I prefer larger dolls so I do pick them more. However, if I found a smaller doll that I liked I wouldn't be opposed to getting it. I think it's more of a 'how much do I love this doll' moment when deciding. Just seems that I love larger dolls more. ^-^

19. The size of the doll mostly has to to with the sculpt for me..I prefer more mature.Which is found mostly in sd. I am not opposed to smaller but there are few dolls that are as mature as i like in those sizes.

20. At first I thought I would prefer the bigger dolls, because they 're more mature and it would be easier to sew clothes for them, but after some researching I realized MSDs fit me a lot better and surprisingly I even fell in love with the more youthful features they often have