1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Did You Decide Size?

Jun 23, 2011

1. My friends all have MSD's so I thought that size just seemed best for me. I've started thinking about tinies/SDs and haven't yet decided which to get.

2. as i found out bjd exist in varois sizes i decided to have a big one. sd and eid size cause its easier to sew for bigger dolls and I did not regret

3. I didn't! Haha. I have two MSDs, four 20 cm dolls, and two 16 cm dolls. I also want an SD someday. So I guess I decided on all the sizes!

4. I like all the sizes from the SDs to the tinies. I currently have a MSD and two YoSDs. Now I am still looking for my next doll. Size does not matter.:)

5. My first doll is a mini size.
      And right now tinies & larger dolls are invading the family. XD
      I think the sculpt & the background story take part for the size.

For example, I didn't have plan for other mini dolls beside my first.
      But then I saw couple mini dolls that sooo lovely...
      ... and I give up.

:lol:

Another example, I didn't want to have dolls larger than 60cm-ish.
      And I developed new characters whom need to be really tall.
      So.. I tried to find the sculpt with certain height.
      And bring the dolls to home haha...

6. I've planned my dolls to be in the SD range.
      Girls can't go lower than 55cm and no higher than 62cm
      Boys can't go below 60 or above 75cm
      This is mainly because my men dolls are going to be Iplehouse EID and Soom IDs so all the other characters have to be around their size.

7. I have always wanted to buy 70+ doll but I fell in love with my Adrian(Charles-DollChateau),who's 52 cm in a height. I don't choose directly. =)
      I want to have big bjd. It is so nice when it is a boy.rrraw

8. My first doll is SID Mari). I wanted a large bjd. But may be one day I'll buy JID Soa,Asa or Violet! And I think that nYID girls and boys would be perfect for me-their height -59cm-is just what I need. I like dolls of all sizes,but for me I prefer to get dolls from 59cm and higher!

9. I wanted to go big first, so that's why I chose the SD size, though, right now, I am sooooooooooooooooooo wanting Wendy or Dale from Doll Leaves and they are a small 23cm, YO-SD size. I guess for me, it all depends on that "squee" feeling I get when I look at dolls. :)

10. My first doll was an MSD, I chose him because I was not sure I could handel a SD, even thou I had hold one before (and because of the funding) and I was not hooked up on tinies.
      I think MSD are a very good started size, not to big. not to heavy and very easy to sew for.

11. I'm still deciding! My first was SD sized, my 2nd was a 90cm bjd - too big! Then I was smitten by tinies - but now I think they're too small - I have an impl idol boy who is OK height-wise but too 'massive' for me really - I have tried MSD sized but they seem too small as well - so I'm sticking to SD size for now....and maybe a slim 70cm - Although having said that, I'm going to order a dollzone Wendy, which is really tiny! I still have 3 YOSD size, and 2 MSD size, and will have this teeny tiny eventually - but mainly I think I prefer SD size....I think...probably :?

12. I have quite a few MSDs but only 2 SD and I think I like the SD size best. But, a lot of my feelings about the size has to do with the sculpt as well. I think any size would attract me given the proportions.
      harleyfa

13. I think 90cm bjd is really too big for me! I think the largest bjd I will own-EID man!
      But as time goes by,I may change my point of view,as well:lol:

14. I thought that SD was perfect, but I was wrong... sd boys were too expensive
      later I've bought yosd girl and that was perfect size :) also, because of friend of mine I'm going to buy two msd girls - I have few ideas ;)

15. I.... didn't. xD I started with an MSD girl, then got a YoSD girl for my first BJD Christmas and then ended up with a 70cm guy. I now have dolls of all size ranges, even tinies. To me it all depends on what characters they are and what I want to do with those characters. ^^

16. I didn't really. I am an equal opportunity offender, and have dolls in all three sizes. I have two SDs, one MSD, a tiny, and another tiny on the way.

I originally was going to only be a Yo-SD/tiny collector. But, then I saw the Bobobie Apollo and bought one on the marketplace the first day that I had access. I then bought him a wife. I love the SDs because I can cuddle with them and they're easy for me to handle and pose. Then, I was looking for a Yo-SD to be their child, and I bought a dollzone fox that I fell in love with instead. I like her because she's portable and very fun to photograph. Then, I saw the Dollzone Eudora and Coral and my dad told me to ask for one of them for Christmas and I got the Eudora (I loved the feather wings). While searching for my Christmas doll, I found the Resinsoul Mei on the marketplace and ended up buying her with my Christmas money. The mini is also very portable, and has a nice presence like the SDs. I use each size of doll for different things.

There is no particular size that I care for over the others a great deal, but I do tend favor my SDs a bit. I've had them the longest and when I'm upset, they're the ones I go to. There is nothing in the world quite like cuddling one of those dolls. It makes me feel a whole lot better.

17. I agree with shadowforced ^^. for me, it almost always depends on the character i have in mind. I've spent days before looking for a sculpt to fit a character.
      In fact, the only doll i have that didn't have a character before i bought her is my first doll blythe. and at the time, MSD size was just in my price range and big enough for me.

18. my tiniest bjd is just 5 cm! and I won't be buying anything above 20 cm (but lately, l've been tempted by some grown-up boys [40+ cm] tho).

19. My Dolls are all MSD because I like the size ^-^
      Later I met larger and smaller dolls...the large dolls are amazing, but too large for me. Maybe I'm going to get a Yosd, they are handy for Dollmeets and cute...let's see ^-^

20. The first doll I absolutely HAD to have simply happened to be an MSD. I hadn't gone looking for any particular size; I just saw his face and fell for him right away. I'm not sure I would have bought as quickly if he had been a larger or a much more expensive doll... He just happened to be exactly right. Then later, when I decided I wanted more dolls, I chose those in function of my first. Since he was a child and an MSD, the adult characters became SDs. Smaller children were shelled as smaller dolls. That said, I am so bad at estimating sizes based purely on measurements that my crew ended up not being quite correct in terms of proportions. But I tried :).

I like all sizes. The only dolls I am uncomfortable with are the really tiny and the really slender ones. I love how they look, but I don't want any because I don't want to be too worried about breaking my dollies.