1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you feel the first time you sold a doll?

Oct 31, 2016

1. a little sad lol

2. The only bjd I've ever sold was my Souldoll Soulkid Tiffee. She was my first bjd, however there was no connection between me and her. I tried to figure out who she was; I sent her out for a new faceup, changes her wig, eyes, etc, but nothing was ever right. Although I was sad to pack her up and send her off, I knew that the main reason why I was sad was because she was my first bjd. I knew that I'd be much happier if I could put that money towards a different bjd, and I was right!

I was definitely worried about the actual shipping part of it all though! I don't have much experience with shipping bjds, so I was concerned that she'd somehow break! But she arrived to her new home and everything went well!

3. I have to say (and I'm a bit embarrased) that I don't really have problems when selling a doll... Sadly I can't really connect with them the way some people can... Even though I love them I don't hesitate at selling them if I need the money, or sell one and get another...
      But I have to admit I had no REAL problems that forced me to sell (like money issues and so on), so maybe in a future I will feel bad if I have to sell a doll I love for needs.
      Though I remember one faceplate I sold, Littlefee Rolly vampire, I sold her with no pain but with the time I felt bad because she would've match in my actual crew very well lol

4. I did feel a bit guilty, but I felt much more relieved. I believe that it is better to have a dolly in a home where the owner doesn't have second thoughts or lingering regret about the purchase! It just feels like I was a step in their journey to a forever home, lol. I choose to be excited for them ;)

5. It toook me so so long to get my luts. She's beautiful . I got her everything that I can afford . Unfortunately I don't know how to re sting her . I cannot play with her. I have been upset about this situation. Now I m in love with doll she Philip . I really want to sell her or trade her. I already feel so guilty to think about it. I put my heart and soul into her ,but I m not smart enough to make her a happy girl.
      I hope I can find her a better home and someone will love and care for her .

6. The first time i sold a doll i was okay at first but then started to really regret it. I still do. The transaction itself eent really good and the buyer was very happy.

7. I sold a doll to user glyndon and the ease of their transaction made the nostalgia mercifully easy. The first time I tried to purchase a GomiDoll Igon was through an eBay bid, which I lost, and when I finally succeeded joining a pre-order it took me to almost 1am on a high school weekday. That doll was everything I wanted for so long after seeing user St. James' and it took years to realize I found his aesthetic less magical, more ordinary and that I'd outgrown the character.

But the act of packing and selling the doll itself felt like a much-needed purge! I am very possessive about my things, so when something stops serving its purpose, I crave getting it out of my ownership. The risks during shipping are expectedly stressful, but I have no way to describe the itch in my brain about having something that feels like it no longer belongs to me.

The upside is the satisfaction is amazing. Plus the funds to buy...a totally new doll!