1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you know which one was right?

Dec 8, 2009

1. for me it was an instant love kind of thing. It's been that way with all the dolls i've ordered.
      When i see a doll that has just the absolutely perfect little quirk, i tend to love them enough to buy them.
      With Linadoll i loved her facial shape, and the sassy-ness of her faceup. even though one of her eyelashes came smudged, (and there were alot of hair problems) i loved her unconditionally and still do.

With Pacea it was her fangs at first. then i started to love the shape of her face, and i loved all of the user photos, even the bad ones had some charm.
      It was at the point when i made a desktop background with a goal counter thing (i edited it ever so often) that i knew i was going to have her someday.

when you think alot about the doll, and all the projects you want to do when you get them.... Then i say it's the right one ^^

2. Choosing a right doll for me is kind of like a "human spirit". I knew this must be mine always whenI first saw it. I never stuck between 2 or 3 dolls and facing a problem about with one is better.
      When I saw an attractive mod and really loved him/her, a voice always in my brain just told me what to do, buy it or not, though sometimes another voice in my head kept telling me how beautiful the doll is....it's kind of like a debat inside my head....Sorry I cant describe such a feeling very well...
      My advice for buying a doll is: keep awake, think twice, make sure you truly loved this doll or not, that's it~!!! God luck~!!!

3. How did you know which one was right?
      Are they my two own creation BJD characters or are they my ten (One Piece manga and anime series) already given characters, from the first BJD to the last one, recognizing in their sculpts those characters I wanted to own.

How did you know that your most favorite doll in the universe was meant to be yours?
      Feeling a character in each BJD and loving the title most of them come from, besides the fact that I love writing about them, way my two own creation characters were born.

Love at first sight?
      For sure and in every single case.

Grew on you?
      Also yes about each of them.

4. A bit of both I think, I do have to be attracted to the sculpt when I first see it, but at the same time, photographs don't tell you everything, so I'll need to have the doll in my hands for a while before I truely decide it is a keeper. :)

5. My first two boys grew on me. My very first was a DOT Camine, and they had just arrived to the DOD set of dolls, so I was excited that he'd have the cute DOD look on a tall body. My second was a Hound which I actually didn't like at first, but he definitely grew on me till I loved him. Now I'm waffling between two EIDs for what will hopefully be my third doll. One of them is winning out over the other, so it'll probably be the same unless a third challenger enters the fray before a purchase is made!

6. hmm... My chuchu was a bit of a surprise as far as how much I love her. I had my heart set on a puki darjeeling, and the more I looked at her the more I just didn't like her. So I kinda just went for Chuchu because there aren't very many around, and she turned out to be the perfect choice.

My MNF is almost the opposite. I bought the sculpt I had my heart set on, and now I'm trying to sell her because I just never bonded. I don't know if it's the size or what, but something's just off and it's not working. *shrugs* I guess I'm not one for love at first sight lol

7. Window shopping...i do a lot of it look for that special doll. When a sculpt appeals to me, usually i will keep coming back to it again and again. However the ones that i end up getting are the ones that tell me their name. Strange i know, i will only buy a doll once they have told me their name...(their face usually gives me a meaning i want to instil, then i go trawling baby name sites for names with that meaning until one just pops). With all the ones i have at home as well as the ones i want to get, ive found their names, clothing i want for them, wigs and shoes within about 1 hour of seeing the sculpt.

8. When you are so moved by them to the point where there is no other opinions but to get them! :kitty2 I love to buy, wear, and have what moves my soul and inspires me to an extremely power extent! So when searching for a bjd to call my own, Sha called out to me and my extremely moved soul yelled, "He is calling you; now go get him!" Asian Ball Jointed Dolls call to you that is how it is for me I mean in my opinion. :kitty2:aheartbea

9. It actually sort of like... hits you once you find THE doll. I didn't find Tsuki until I went wig shopping for a doll I thought I was going to get first. And I searched EVERYWHERE and asked people like man what doll she was. It took a while and I did more doll research and looking to make sure she was THE one. X3